Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,664 members, 7,809,512 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:45 AM

My First Appearnce @ My Inlaw's Place - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My First Appearnce @ My Inlaw's Place (10837 Views)

Her Mother Inlaw Wants To Move In Permanently / My Mother Inlaw Wants To Bath With Me / My Mother Inlaw Caught Me Kissing My Wife's Friend in our washroom. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My First Appearnce @ My Inlaw's Place by Bigbello(m): 6:32am On May 23, 2015
Me fellow Nairalanders what is ideal gift items to present when you are visiting your inlaw's to be for the first time
Re: My First Appearnce @ My Inlaw's Place by delishpot: 6:34am On May 23, 2015
Anything you can afford. Or ask their daughter/son what best to buy for the parents.
Re: My First Appearnce @ My Inlaw's Place by Bigbello(m): 6:39am On May 23, 2015
delishpot:
Anything you can afford. Or ask their daughter/son what best to buy for the parents.
the daughter refuses to tell me on what to buy and she said I shuld use my own discretion
Re: My First Appearnce @ My Inlaw's Place by Nobody: 6:40am On May 23, 2015
A bottle of wine, fruits. .

3 Likes

Re: My First Appearnce @ My Inlaw's Place by delishpot: 6:49am On May 23, 2015
Bigbello:
the daughter refuses to tell me on what to buy and she said I shuld use my own discretion

If she nor gree help you then..........Buy bread grin grin......No, I am not kidding, Buy bread angry

Ehm, before you rush out to buy bread sha, has she been telling you about anything momsie and popsie like or have been wanting?
Like my MIL has a particular perfume she likes, but its scarce and hard to find where she lives (Not expensive) so the best present I can give her is to look around and buy her a couple bottles. My mom liked Baileys, anyone close to me or my family knows that. so, best gift any family friend can get mom is a bottle of baileys. Not expensive but much appreciated. Got it?
So if she has been gisting you about mom and dad and by now you know what mom and dad ike, you could buy that.

2 Likes

Re: My First Appearnce @ My Inlaw's Place by Melahou(m): 7:04am On May 23, 2015
Buy wine for your suppose father inlaw then provisions like milk, sugar and milo for your suppose mother inlaw

Please don't forget to add bread oh
Re: My First Appearnce @ My Inlaw's Place by RoyalRoy(m): 7:26am On May 23, 2015

Fruits

You can never go wrong with this.

Wine is not something everyone takes. And taking a wine to someone who is religious or doesn't drink will probably make an awkward gift.

Fruits are generally loved by everyone and you can never go wrong on it.

Buy about 5 different types of fruit in good quantity and quality.

Get a nice hand woven basket to put them in

Make sure you dont buy scrungy or diseased fruits. Buy them fresh and presentable.

Thank me later.

Lollz.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My First Appearnce @ My Inlaw's Place by Smhart1(f): 7:55am On May 23, 2015
RoyalRoy:

Fruits

Wine is not something everyone takes. And taking a wine to someone who is religious or doesn't drink will probably make an awkward gift.

Make sure you dont buy scrungy or diseased fruits. Buy them fresh and presentable.

Thank me later.

Lollz.
Seconded

4 Likes

Re: My First Appearnce @ My Inlaw's Place by taryour(f): 10:23am On May 23, 2015
In my own opinion, I don't think you should buy anything just yet. At least its not compulsory especially if you are not boxed up. Your subsequent visits you can buy things but keep it simple. Buying things on your first visit to your in laws doing show if the person will be a good or bad in law.
Re: My First Appearnce @ My Inlaw's Place by icekream(m): 11:01am On May 23, 2015
What sud I write?
Re: My First Appearnce @ My Inlaw's Place by Mariecakes(f): 11:19am On May 23, 2015
RoyalRoy:

Fruits

Thank me later.

Lollz.
well said

1 Like

Re: My First Appearnce @ My Inlaw's Place by Nobody: 11:34am On May 23, 2015
I don't think you need to buy anything. I wouldn't.
But since you already told their daughter of your intention, Fruits are ideal.

1 Like

Re: My First Appearnce @ My Inlaw's Place by trendphemmy(m): 3:46pm On May 23, 2015
what if the family lives in a compound where fruits are not lacking? they will end up throwing it away.
op buy 2 bottles of wine(ask d daughter if d man takes alcohol or not)
and also a carton of fruit juice for d mom.
den add anything u like if u deem it fit. fruits depend on d location.

1 Like

Re: My First Appearnce @ My Inlaw's Place by Nobody: 6:16pm On May 23, 2015
trendphemmy:
what if the family lives in a compound where fruits are not lacking? they will end up throwing it away.
op buy 2 bottles of wine(ask d daughter if d man takes alcohol or not)
and also a carton of fruit juice for d mom.
den add anything u like if u deem it fit. fruits depend on d location.
what if the man works in a wine and aa fruit juice company?

He will end up throwing it away grin

9 Likes

Re: My First Appearnce @ My Inlaw's Place by SAMBARRY: 6:37pm On May 23, 2015
Fruit shocked

wish kain gift be that one. So you no fit buy them goat or release zeyus for them cheesy
RoyalRoy:

Fruits

Thank me later.

Lollz.
Re: My First Appearnce @ My Inlaw's Place by taryour(f): 6:42pm On May 23, 2015
SAMBARRY:
Fruit shocked

wish kain gift be that one. So you no fit buy them goat or release zeyus for them cheesy

LWKMD. Royalroy what you say about releasing zeyus for them.
Re: My First Appearnce @ My Inlaw's Place by SAMBARRY: 6:45pm On May 23, 2015
taryour:

LWKMD. Royalroy what you say about releasing zeyus for them.
exactly. Just find one pink and white bow and tie on its neck and tail if it's a woman and if it's a man hang all this 50 cent chain on his neck wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My First Appearnce @ My Inlaw's Place by Ewuro4: 6:55pm On May 23, 2015
Bigbello:
Me fellow Nairalanders what is ideal gift items to present when you are visiting your inlaw's to be for the first time

Depends on her tribe/culture.

Yoruba Parents will appreciate assorted Fruits & groceries like Hot chocolate powder, evaporated /powdered milk, Tea bags, honey, Fruit juices etc

Igbo Parents will appretiate Alchohol Drink like Brandy, whiskey , Rum for Dad. Mom will appretiate Nice Lace wrapper and a bag of rice. grin

You're welcome.
Re: My First Appearnce @ My Inlaw's Place by taryour(f): 7:56pm On May 23, 2015
SAMBARRY:
exactly. Just find one pink and white bow and tie on its neck and tail if it's a woman and if it's a man hang all this 50 cent chain on his neck wink

Lobatan. Chai I don die. Lol

Royalroy. Where @ thou

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: My First Appearnce @ My Inlaw's Place by RoyalRoy(m): 1:22pm On May 24, 2015
taryour:

Lobatan. Chai I don die. Lol

Royalroy. Where @ thou

grin grin grin

Don't mind SAMBARRY.

How will the gentleman carry Dog go in-law house? Are they from O---- state?

Lollz
Re: My First Appearnce @ My Inlaw's Place by taryour(f): 2:26pm On May 24, 2015
RoyalRoy:

grin grin grin

Don't mind SAMBARRY.

Lollz

Lol, make I no complete the O word oo, I no fit shout. How you doing and all yours? And how is zeyus doing
Re: My First Appearnce @ My Inlaw's Place by Jamean(f): 3:10pm On May 24, 2015
Wine (preferably non-alcoholic) - is for respect.
Fruits - to show that your coming into the family will prosper them.
Salt - you'll add sweetness and not sorrow
Live chicken - that the marriage will bear children

They are very symbolic. That's how my immediate and extended family perceives it.

1 Like

Re: My First Appearnce @ My Inlaw's Place by Beremx(f): 4:52pm On May 24, 2015
When you buy something for them on your first visit,make sure you keep buying them gifts anytime you visit. When you don't buy gifts for them anylonger,then they know something is wrong.

grin

4 Likes

Re: My First Appearnce @ My Inlaw's Place by Nobody: 5:02pm On May 24, 2015
Jamean:
Wine (preferably non-alcoholic)
Fruits. Salt.
A live Chicken.
They are very symbolic.

First time visit?? shocked shocked
Re: My First Appearnce @ My Inlaw's Place by sublimes: 8:01pm On May 24, 2015
A bag of rice will do.
Re: My First Appearnce @ My Inlaw's Place by Acidosis(m): 8:41pm On May 24, 2015
Beremx:
When you buy something for them on your first visit,make sure you keep buying them gifts anytime you visit. When you don't buy gifts for them anylonger,then they know something is wrong.

grin

Exactly

and the subsequent visit must attract larger quantity, so when you buy 1 drum of apple, make sure you get 2 on your next visit @OP
Re: My First Appearnce @ My Inlaw's Place by Bigbello(m): 8:57pm On May 24, 2015
Acidosis:

Exactly

and the subsequent visit must attract larger quantity, so when you buy 1 drum of apple, make sure you get 2 on your next visit @OP
buying gift for the first visit it doesn't neccessry you will be buying it everytim, it shows u r kind of serious minded person

2 Likes

Re: My First Appearnce @ My Inlaw's Place by Acidosis(m): 9:00pm On May 24, 2015
Bigbello:
buying gift for the first visit it doesn't neccessry you will be buying it everytim, it shows u r kind of serious minded person
okay, not bad
Re: My First Appearnce @ My Inlaw's Place by Nobody: 9:03pm On May 24, 2015
As for me, I won't buy anything on the first visit.

If you are a guy, you should get a bottle of wine for your FIL but if he doesn't take alcohol, get packs of juice instead. Cos non-alcoholic wines in naija taste like piss.

A bottle of groundnuts/peanuts will be nice.
Or fruits like apple, grapes or pear.

Jamean:
Wine (preferably non-alcoholic)

Fruits. Salt.

A live Chicken.

They are very symbolic.

Lol. grin Very symbolic indeed!
Re: My First Appearnce @ My Inlaw's Place by Ewuro4: 9:08pm On May 24, 2015
RoyalRoy:

grin grin grin

Don't mind SAMBARRY.

Lollz

Do they really eat it or just superstition?
Re: My First Appearnce @ My Inlaw's Place by SAMBARRY: 9:15pm On May 24, 2015
So you can't tender zeyus as sacrificial lamb grin

dDidn't jesus die for you? grin

zeyus testes will make nice efo riro wink
RoyalRoy:

grin grin grin

Don't mind SAMBARRY.

Lollz

(1) (2) (Reply)

Marriage : Define A Wrong Person? / Brother And Sister Caught Pants Down On Tape / Health Benefit Of Quail Egg And Quail Meat. Gracious Seed Farm .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.