Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,752 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:37 PM

Working With Green Screens - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Working With Green Screens (2664 Views)

Working With Grid 3ds Max / Nigerian Cartoon On BBC Big Screens / After Effects Cs4 Anyone Working With That? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Working With Green Screens by Raymond88(m): 6:32pm On Feb 12, 2009
I'm trying to do some visual effect work and i need to know how to get materials to set up my own green screen for chroma keying and stuff. Can i use the tradition tailors cloth with green color? what do the pros use?
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Working With Green Screens by sojioguns(m): 12:03pm On Feb 14, 2009
Yes local materials can be used (as long as it does not reflect light). More importantly is lighting your bg (chroma) evenly. Also ensure there is enough contrast between the chroma colour and your subjects.
Are you shooting fast moving objects as you wouldnt want too much motion blur in your footage as it is almost unkeyable.
What format do you want to shoot? Get the best HD cam you can lay your hands on.
The pix below are from the last all-chroma TVC I shot. The cloth was locally bought.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Working With Green Screens by Raymond88(m): 4:44pm On Feb 14, 2009
Wow very nice, how many yards of cloth did you use for it and how did you get it together (pins, tapes?). Thanks.
Re: Working With Green Screens by sojioguns(m): 4:52pm On Feb 14, 2009
I have a carpenter that does this kind of things. He will do a good job for you. I still have the cloth in my office but it needs cleaning. He uses pins to join the cloth and tapes for the ground. But i will advise you to use a green carpet if your actors are doing rigorous activities.

1 Like

Re: Working With Green Screens by OKX(m): 7:25pm On Feb 15, 2009
@ soji
if u mount ur cloth on a curved rail, u will eliminate all corners- and the subsequent shadows.
doesnt that setup give u multi keying challenges?

wish i had shots from a project i sat in on, the whole green cloth was draped over a large oval rail, when lit, there were virtually no edges. even the drop to the floor was fastened to a similar oval rig- the output was beautiful.
Re: Working With Green Screens by sojioguns(m): 8:01pm On Feb 15, 2009
I wasn't bothered about the edges because I really didnt need more than one wall. I have no issues with multi keying as long as both surfaces are evenly lit.
Where is the studio you worked in?
Re: Working With Green Screens by voldemort(m): 9:32pm On Feb 15, 2009
Re: Working With Green Screens by michaelmno(m): 4:18am On Jul 10, 2015
Thank you gentlemen. Pls i need either ur num or d capenters? Urgently? Well mine is, 08033783387.
Pls where is this ur wonderful studio? Pls ill love to be invited to see first hand how dis things works. Am an editor by d way.
Re: Working With Green Screens by justphillips(m): 8:26am On Jul 12, 2015
sojioguns:
Yes local materials can be used (as long as it does not reflect light). More importantly is lighting your bg (chroma) evenly. Also ensure there is enough contrast between the chroma colour and your subjects.
Are you shooting fast moving objects as you wouldnt want too much motion blur in your footage as it is almost unkeyable.
What format do you want to shoot? Get the best HD cam you can lay your hands on.
The pix below are from the last all-chroma TVC I shot. The cloth was locally bought.

hello bro, I'll like to work with you. Phillipsdavid08@gmail.com

(1) (Reply)

Critic This Poster That I Design / Wow! Talented Painter That Makes Painting Look Like Wallpaper / Watch My Harry Potter Short Action Movie Edited By Me + Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.