Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,033 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:59 AM

Burundi Opposition Leader Shot Dead - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Burundi Opposition Leader Shot Dead (671 Views)

Woman Who Went Unclad In Protest For Zambian Opposition Leader Jailed. Photos / Burundi's President Storms Polling Unit On A Bicycle / Faces Of The Failed Coup Plotters In Burundi (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Burundi Opposition Leader Shot Dead by panafrican(m): 3:55am On May 24, 2015

BBC
May 23 2015
The leader of a small Burundian opposition party has been shot dead in the capital Bujumbura, witnesses said, as tensions continue in the country.

The body of Zedi Feruzi, the head of the Union for Peace and Development, was seen lying outside his home.

Burundi has seen weeks of protest against President Pierre Nkurunziza's decision to run for a third term.

Demonstrators are holding a two-day truce, to allow residents to stock up on supplies and bury the dead.

On Friday, at least two people were killed in a grenade attack in Bujumbura.

The unrest has also seen more than 100,000 people flee to neighbouring countries and a failed coup attempt against Mr Nkurunziza.
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-32861969
Re: Burundi Opposition Leader Shot Dead by TI1919(m): 4:06am On May 24, 2015
Eyah
Re: Burundi Opposition Leader Shot Dead by Appleyard(m): 7:09am On May 25, 2015
[quote author=panafrican post=34040743][/quote]

African leaders never ceased to amaze me..
So this man still want third term despite not performing?

I see blood upon this despot!
Re: Burundi Opposition Leader Shot Dead by panafrican(m): 10:14am On May 25, 2015
Appleyard:

African leaders never ceased to amaze me..
So this man still want third term despite not performing?

I see blood upon this despot!
This selfish guy is assembling the conditions for an unnecessary bitter and brutal civil war. It all first starts with people complaining in the media. If no-one does not care addressing their complaints they protest in the streets.
Then the regime responds with heavy guns to silence protesters. In the aftermath of the crackdown some soldiers would stage a coup d'etat. If the coup fails people would first get scared due to the witch hunt. Then after taking a deep breath, men would decide to rise up in ten of thousands to start an all out war against the wicked regime.
Re: Burundi Opposition Leader Shot Dead by panafrican(m): 5:36pm On May 25, 2015
BBC has it right to ask whether all this will not end with civil war
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-32872973
Re: Burundi Opposition Leader Shot Dead by Appleyard(m): 8:02pm On May 25, 2015
panafrican:

This selfish guy is assembling the conditions for an unnecessary bitter and brutal civil war. It all first starts with people complaining in the media. If no-one does not care addressing their complaints they protest in the streets.
Then the regime responds with heavy guns to silence protesters. In the aftermath of the crackdown some soldiers would stage a coup d'etat. If the coup fails people would first get scared due to the witch hunt. Then after taking a deep breath, men would decide to rise up in ten of thousands to start an all out war against the wicked regime.

Exactly! This man will soon learn the bitter lesson that you can not continue to trample on the right of the populace for all eternity.
i truely pity Africa states.
Re: Burundi Opposition Leader Shot Dead by tuoyoojo(m): 1:58pm On May 27, 2015
i believe this is the time for the international community to kick into action because this is a recipe for another bloody civil war. if left unabated bloodshed would only be inevitable.

but i wonder why do most african leaders have this sit tight mentality , you have done two terms and you then go and doctor the constitution to allow u stay longer. r u the only one who can rule

its so so disheartening
Re: Burundi Opposition Leader Shot Dead by Defcon1(m): 8:58pm On May 27, 2015
tuoyoojo:
i believe this is the time for the international community to kick into action because this is a recipe for another bloody civil war. if left unabated bloodshed would only be inevitable.

but i wonder why do most african leaders have this sit tight mentality , you have done two terms and you then go and doctor the constitution to allow u stay longer. r u the only one who can rule

its so so disheartening
We are megalomaniacs with poverty mentality in Africa.
That is the reason
Re: Burundi Opposition Leader Shot Dead by Appleyard(m): 2:39pm On May 28, 2015
tuoyoojo:

its so so disheartening

Brother, since Burundi don't have the 'Black Gold,' the greedt and chaos-loving international white souls of thieves won't interfer in anyway. They somply don't give a damn if all blacks should kill themselves. Afterall, it fits in with their New World Order ploy of global depopulation.

Whites Souls of Hell.......

(1) (Reply)

Iran Nuclear Deal Concludes In Historic Announcement / North Korea 'fires Missiles' Into Sea Hours After UN Vote / President Of Uruguay Waiting His Turn In A Public Hospital (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.