Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,823 members, 7,956,110 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 02:30 AM

Should We Blame Our Misfortunes On God, The Devil Or Ourselves? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should We Blame Our Misfortunes On God, The Devil Or Ourselves? (1509 Views)

Why You Should Meditate On God's Words / Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here / 10 Kinds Of Christians That Put A Smile On God's Face (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should We Blame Our Misfortunes On God, The Devil Or Ourselves? by otemanuduno: 7:24pm On May 24, 2015
I see majority of people , attempting to console themselves after failing or after something terrible happened to them, would say it is the will of God; God knows best, etc. To me I feel as if saying such words means painting him as a bad person. Instead of blaming our misfortunes on God, I think blaming it on the devil or on ourselves seemed better, especially on the devil because he is the master of evil, so any evil should be better channeled to him as the source.

What's your take on this? Who should take the blames for our misfortune?

God, Devil or Yourself?

Source: www.ebiag.com
Re: Should We Blame Our Misfortunes On God, The Devil Or Ourselves? by elantraceey(f): 7:29pm On May 24, 2015
No one , Blame doesn't get you anything instead pick yourself up and move on.
Re: Should We Blame Our Misfortunes On God, The Devil Or Ourselves? by frank317: 7:31pm On May 24, 2015
If we blame our good fortunes on God (assuming he exists) we should also blame our misfortunes on him. If he is able to give us good thing at one time and is not able at another time then that should be he faild.

Well, to me we should blame misfortunes on ourselves, but I think we should be hard on ourselves too. Sometimes somethings are beyond our control. Take for instance, you dress for a job interview and know u should be there by 8am. You are well prepared both mentally and physically, but someone pours you oil on the road and you have to get home and change before coming back and lose the job because of lateness.
Re: Should We Blame Our Misfortunes On God, The Devil Or Ourselves? by johnydon22(m): 7:39pm On May 24, 2015
The victims mindset dilutes the human potential, by not taking responsibility for our circumstances. we greatly reduced our ability to change.

No one is to be blamed for your circumstances, the worst of it all blaming it on mythical beings; god/devil. thats a very shameful and laughable thing to do.

Accept and take full responsibility for you situation because if you dont act on changing it, it will always remain so.
Re: Should We Blame Our Misfortunes On God, The Devil Or Ourselves? by Nobody: 7:43pm On May 24, 2015
Only a foolish man will blame misfortunes on gods and devils. Mythology is never the course of anyone's misfortunes but the individuals.

1 Like

Re: Should We Blame Our Misfortunes On God, The Devil Or Ourselves? by omojeesu(m): 7:47pm On May 24, 2015
ifeness:
Only a foolish man will blame misfortunes on gods and devils. Mythology is never the course of anyone's misfortunes but the individuals.

We are to blame for our wrong actions. Satan suggests and it we take the bait, its our fault. Chikena!

However, misfortune or disaster can have supernatural cause for whatever reasons. Jehovah in the Old Testament. Job's Satan engineered disaster and Paul's shipwreck are examples.
Re: Should We Blame Our Misfortunes On God, The Devil Or Ourselves? by Nobody: 7:51pm On May 24, 2015
omojeesu:

We are to blame for our wrong actions. Satan suggests and it we take the bait, its our fault. Chikena!

Satan doesn't suggest. We do what we wanna do,positive or negative. The result is not always favorable obviously.

1 Like

Re: Should We Blame Our Misfortunes On God, The Devil Or Ourselves? by omojeesu(m): 8:44am On May 25, 2015
ifeness:

Satan doesn't suggest. We do what we wanna do,positive or negative. The result is not always favorable obviously.

My dear friend that's exactly what Satan wants you to believe. HE'S REAL. VERY REAL. You don't have to believe it. The Bible says a lot about him. Jesus knows him and told us about him. Actually Satan doesn't want to be known. He prefers working behind the scenes.

Even if you reject the Bible and Jesus, all traditions and cultures acknowledge him. For example, the Yoruba call him 'Esu'. Satan and his hordes are increasing their operations today. The world will get worse.

On whose side are you?

Matthew 12:30 He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad.

Exodus 32:26 Then Moses stood in the gate of the camp, and said, Who is on the LORD's side? let him come unto me. And all the sons of Levi gathered themselves together unto him.

Jesus loves you whether you believe or not.
Re: Should We Blame Our Misfortunes On God, The Devil Or Ourselves? by Nobody: 8:51am On May 25, 2015
omojeesu:

My dear friend that's exactly what Satan wants you to believe. HE'S REAL. VERY REAL. You don't have to believe it. The Bible says a lot about him. Jesus knows him and told us about him. Actually Satan doesn't want to be known. He prefers working behind the scenes.

Even if you reject the Bible and Jesus, all traditions and cultures acknowledge him. For example, the Yoruba call him 'Esu'. Satan and his hordes are increasing their operations today. The world will get worse.

On whose side are you?

Matthew 12:30 He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad.

Exodus 32:26 Then Moses stood in the gate of the camp, and said, Who is on the LORD's side? let him come unto me. And all the sons of Levi gathered themselves together unto him.

Jesus loves you whether you believe or not.

You clearly got your evidence from a Jewish book,the same book that was used against slaves over 500 years ago.

I am 100% sure you haven't met Satan or Jesus in your whole life. Why spread a rumor you are not sure happened?

1 Like

Re: Should We Blame Our Misfortunes On God, The Devil Or Ourselves? by omojeesu(m): 9:15am On May 25, 2015
ifeness:

You clearly got your evidence from a Jewish book,the same book that was used against slaves over 500 years ago.

I am 100% sure you haven't met Satan or Jesus in your whole life. Why spread a rumor you are not sure happened?

I dont have to physically meet Jesus or Satan to know they exist. What you cant see is no proof of their non existence. Have you met Aristotle, Plato, Nerfertiti, Napoleon, Gheghis Khan, Sango, etc?

As for Satan he is actually hiding. Jesus wants TO BE KNOWN. Please, check Him out!
Re: Should We Blame Our Misfortunes On God, The Devil Or Ourselves? by Nobody: 1:36pm On May 25, 2015
omojeesu:

I dont have to physically meet Jesus or Satan to know they exist. What you cant see is no proof of their non existence. Have you met Aristotle, Plato, Nerfertiti, Napoleon, Gheghis Khan, Sango, etc?

As for Satan he is actually hiding. Jesus wants TO BE KNOWN. Please, check Him out!

I think you have to. Napoleon's tomb is located in Paris, Khan's tomb is there in Mongolia,Nefertiti's in Egypt. Where is Jesus's? I cannot tell you Shango existed since It is difficult to prove he did. Besides, the story of Jesus belonged to Horus.

2 Likes

Re: Should We Blame Our Misfortunes On God, The Devil Or Ourselves? by omojeesu(m): 2:15pm On May 25, 2015
ifeness:

I think you have to. Napoleon's tomb is located in Paris, Khan's tomb is there in Mongolia,Nefertiti's in Egypt. Where is Jesus's? I cannot tell you Shango existed since It is difficult to prove he did. Besides, the story of Jesus belonged to Horus.

JESUS TOMB IS EMPTY! HE ROSE FROM THE DEAD!! I KNOW YOU DON'T BELIEVE IT. HE, JESUS IS ALIVE.

IS HORUS ALIVE? THE SUN GOD IS PART OF THE DECEPTION. HE COMES IN MANY NAMES INCLUDING BAAL etc. IS HORUS YOUR GOD?

ISN'T IT AMAZING THAT YOU GUYS WILL BELIEVE OTHER STORIES BUT NOT BIBLE TRUTH? SO YOU BELIEVE THE HORUS STORY?

ACTUALLY IT IS GOING TO GET MORE AND MORE DIFFICULT TO ACCEPT JESUS IN THESE LAST DAYS. THE god OF THIS WORLD WILL SEE TO THAT.

HAS ANYONE IN HISTORY AND TILL DATE EVER SPOKEN LIKE JESUS? HAS ANYONE IN HISTORY EVER DID WHAT HE DID? HAS ANYONE EVER MADE THE CLAIMS HE MADE?

DONT WORRY BY THE TIME REALITY DAWNS ON US ALL WE WILL KNOW THE TRUTH. MAY IT NOT BE TOO LATE THEN. THE OPPORTUNITY TO BE SAVED IS NOW.

'For God SO LOVED the world (humanity) that He gave His only Son, that WHOSOEVER (that includes YOU) believe in Him will not perish, but have everlasting life'
'I am THE Way, THE Truth and THE Life ... ' Jesus says.

Through this discussion, He, Jesus, is trying to reach you. He's always at the doors of people's hearts knocking expecting to be asked to come in. He's a gentleman. He will never force Himself on anyone. Will you allow Him?
Re: Should We Blame Our Misfortunes On God, The Devil Or Ourselves? by Nobody: 2:33pm On May 25, 2015
omojeesu:

JESUS TOMB IS EMPTY! HE ROSE FROM THE DEAD!! I KNOW YOU DON'T BELIEVE IT. HE, JESUS IS ALIVE.

IS HORUS ALIVE? THE SUN GOD IS PART OF THE DECEPTION. HE COMES IN MANY NAMES INCLUDING BAAL etc. IS HORUS YOUR GOD?

ISN'T IT AMAZING THAT YOU GUYS WILL BELIEVE OTHER STORIES BUT NOT BIBLE TRUTH? SO YOU BELIEVE THE HORUS STORY?

ACTUALLY IT IS GOING TO GET MORE AND MORE DIFFICULT TO ACCEPT JESUS IN THESE LAST DAYS. THE god OF THIS WORLD WILL SEE TO THAT.

HAS ANYONE IN HISTORY AND TILL DATE EVER SPOKEN LIKE JESUS? HAS ANYONE IN HISTORY EVER DID WHAT HE DID? HAS ANYONE EVER MADE THE CLAIMS HE MADE?

DONT WORRY BY THE TIME REALITY DAWNS ON US ALL WE WILL KNOW THE TRUTH. MAY IT NOT BE TOO LATE THEN. THE OPPORTUNITY TO BE SAVED IS NOW.

'For God SO LOVED the world (humanity) that He gave His only Son, that WHOSOEVER (that includes YOU) believe in Him will not perish, but have everlasting life'
'I am THE Way, THE Truth and THE Life ... ' Jesus says.

Through this discussion, He, Jesus, is trying to reach you. He's always at the doors of people's hearts knocking expecting to be asked to come in. He's a gentleman. He will never force Himself on anyone. Will you allow Him?

How did you know jesus rose from the dead? where you an eye witness??

1 Like

Re: Should We Blame Our Misfortunes On God, The Devil Or Ourselves? by Nobody: 3:11pm On May 25, 2015
GOD is an excuse
Re: Should We Blame Our Misfortunes On God, The Devil Or Ourselves? by omojeesu(m): 5:31pm On May 25, 2015
ifeness:

How did you know jesus rose from the dead? where you an eye witness??

NO, I WAS NOT AN WITNESS! BUT EYEWITNESSES WROTE AND I CHOSE TO BELIEVE THEM BUT YOU CHOSE OTHERWISE. IN THE COURT OF LAW EYEWITNESSES ARE VERY CRUCIAL TO THE VERDICT OF THE JUDGE.

THE APOSTLES WHO WERE WITH JESUS WERE EYEWITNESSES. HEAR PETER:

2 Peter 1:16 For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty.

THOSE WHO EXECUTED JESUS LIKE A COMMON CRIMINAL CHARGED HIM FOR BOTH TREASON (A POLITICAL CRIME) AND BLASPHEMY (A RELIGIOUS CRIME). THE POLITICAL AND RELIGIOUS ORDERS OF HIS DAY CONSPIRED TO NAIL HIM WITH THE MASSES HAILING THEIR ACTION. SO IT IS TODAY. AND SO IT WILL BE TILL HE COMES AGAIN.

THESE FORCES TRIED TO ENSURE HE WOULDN'T RISE FROM THE DEAD. AFTER THIS FAILED HERE IS WHAT THEY DID NEXT:

BEFORE the resurrection:

Mat 27:62 Now the next day, that followed the day of the preparation, the chief priests and Pharisees came together unto Pilate,

Mat 27:63 Saying, Sir, we remember that that deceiver said, while he was yet alive, After three days I will rise again.

Mat 27:64 Command therefore that the sepulchre be made sure until the third day, lest his disciples come by night, and steal him away, and say unto the people, He is risen from the dead: so the last error shall be worse than the first.

AFTER the resurrection:

Matthew 28:11 Now when they were going, behold, some of the watch came into the city, and shewed unto the chief priests all the things that were done.

Mat 28:12 And when they were assembled with the elders, and had taken counsel, they gave large money unto the soldiers,

Mat 28:13 Saying, Say ye, His disciples came by night, and stole him away while we slept.

Mat 28:14 And if this come to the governor's ears, we will persuade him, and secure you.

Mat 28:15 So they took the money, and did as they were taught: and this saying is commonly reported among the Jews until this day.

THIS GANG UP HAPPENED BY THE INFLUENCE OF the god OF THIS EVIL WORLD SYSTEM. THIS FORTUNATELY WAS A FATAL ERROR:

1 Corinthians 2:8 Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

HIS DEATH WAS THE SOLUTION FOR HUMANITY'S SALVATION. SATAN WAS BEATEN DESPITE HIS 'VICTORY'. THE CREATOR AND SAVIOUR CAUGHT SATAN IN HIS OWN CRAFTINESS. JESUS IS ALIVE!

The verdict is your!

(1) (Reply)

AAU Confers The Doctor Of Science Honorary Degree On Rev. Chris Oyakhilome(Pics) / Mecca Crane Collapse: 87 Dead In Saudi Arabia - BBC News [pics] / Christians: God Created Man In His Own Image, Is God Circumcised

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.