Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,589 members, 7,958,821 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 03:35 AM

Please Advise Him - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Please Advise Him (886 Views)

A Friend Is About To Tender His Resignation Tonight Please Advise / My Boss Nags Each Time Its Time To Pay Salary. Please Advise Me. / Please Advise. We Were Told To Resign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Advise Him by Livintainment: 3:36pm On May 25, 2015
Hello Nairalanders, My friend is faced with two critical and important options that can make or marr his life,future and destiny..
He just Graduated from one of the nigerians polytechnic..HND holder..and hes guidian called him last week to give him two options..
which is
1. The man is willing to give him 700,000 to start up a business of his own and forget anything about school

OR

2. To sponsor him back to school by working out direct entry for him at unilag to 300l Just to get BSC.. and will take care of all the bills truout the stay in skul..

now my friend is confused,dont know if he should go bck to school and get BSC, cos of the HND discrimination or just to take 700k and go into business at least t strt up sometin..

please ur candid advice is need please..

cc @ishilove @lalasticlala @1forall @CrazyMan pls fp
Re: Please Advise Him by BeeBeeOoh(m): 3:42pm On May 25, 2015
With d the rate of unemployment in Nigeria now, I will advice him to take the 700K & look for a business 2 start up, because The last time i checked, unemployment don't differenciate a B.sc holder from a HND holder..

#myopinionthough

2 Likes

Re: Please Advise Him by Nobody: 3:50pm On May 25, 2015
He should go back to school cos 700k is too little to start-up a business

1 Like

Re: Please Advise Him by missKiffy(f): 3:59pm On May 25, 2015
Gbaghan:
Like seriously?? 700k is to small to start a business, I hear you
Re: Please Advise Him by Nobody: 4:06pm On May 25, 2015
missKiffy:

Like seriously?? 700k is to small to start a business, I hear you
Please mention
Re: Please Advise Him by Livintainment: 4:24pm On May 25, 2015
lool.. hmmm
Re: Please Advise Him by chrisley024(m): 4:55pm On May 25, 2015
I see no need going for a BSc. He should do pgd and then go for Masters.

700k. Errm... To get a shop will take 2/3 of that money.
Re: Please Advise Him by Yustash001(m): 5:08pm On May 25, 2015
BeeBeeOoh:
With d the rate of unemployment in Nigeria now, I will advice him to take the 700K & look for a business 2 start up, because The last time i checked, unemployment don't differenciate a B.sc holder from a HND holder..

#myopinionthough
seconded joor...I can only advise him to go back to school if the man assure him of a VERY LUCRATIVE job after graduating...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Advise Him by Larryjay4u: 1:10pm On May 26, 2015
He should collect the 700k and start a business. With time, he can enrol himself for a B.Sc and still employ graduates as his secretary, manager etc.

Jobs like Dry cleaning (basic start up), buying and selling (e.g trackers) and more will cost less than 700k to start.
Re: Please Advise Him by Nobody: 4:53pm On May 26, 2015
If he has a good business plan, he should take the 700k and start a business, then with time enrol for Bsc or PGD..

But if no good plan, he better enrols for Bsc or PGD instead of throwing money to the winds....
Re: Please Advise Him by Livintainment: 5:25pm On May 26, 2015
MarvellousGod:
If he has a good business plan, he should take the 700k and start a business, then with time enrol for Bsc or PGD..

But if no good plan, he better enrols for Bsc or PGD instead of throwing money to the winds....
OKAY
Re: Please Advise Him by BobUg28(m): 11:40am On May 27, 2015
If I am in his shoes, I will go for the 7hk first. Establish a very lucrative business outlets. Then when the business starts running smoothly , I 'll now go for the latter.

Already he had acquired the preliminary level of of education which is needed to run the business.

So in a nutshell, I 'll advice him to go for the money only if he has flair/passion for business.
Re: Please Advise Him by Linzo(m): 12:22pm On May 27, 2015
My advice is this, go back to school and work hard get 1st class or 2.1 in a marketable course it will give up a large leverage to much more good firms and then go into business in a big way. I know some people will antagonize my opinion and say you should go for the 700k but believe me that same uncle of yours will not let you alone when you graduate well in your Bsc. NB: Please do not go for PGD.

Again starting up a business with 700k in a place like Lagos will be a waste of resource because it will take more longer than what you expect to get your principal before talking of profit.

Settle dawn study well and pass with a good grade, in as much there are fewer jobs in Nigeria there are thousands of the companies out their looking for sound graduates with good grade. Dont allow any poor mind to discourage you from going back to school, so many persons who will advice you otherwise are poor perfomed graduates with poor grades

Go for Bsc.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Need Help Please. / Urgent Vacancy!!!!!! / Advice Needed Urgently On ICT Related Courses In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.