Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,621 members, 7,809,290 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:20 AM

10 Unbelievable But True Facts About Nigeria. - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 10 Unbelievable But True Facts About Nigeria. (39623 Views)

10 Unbelievable And Shocking Facts About Nigeria Today / 15 Interesting Facts About Nigeria / 12 Things You Didnt Know About Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Unbelievable But True Facts About Nigeria. by emilyone(f): 7:10pm On May 26, 2015
Nigerians are happy people because we strongly believe that when there is life there is hope grin

1 Like

Re: 10 Unbelievable But True Facts About Nigeria. by Litmus: 9:14pm On May 26, 2015
The Bleaching is total lies. As a person with fair-skinned siblings that have have grey and light blue eyes i can testify to how people see fair-skinned Nigerian women of which there are probably millions since significant Igbo, Calabar, Isoko, Beni, Northern populations are fair and assume that they are bleaching.

Besides there are no substantiated records out there defining Nigerians as the worlds number one bleachers. At various times, various nations have attracted a form of labeling to one extent or another as a campaign strategy to highlight the dangers in bleaching. Aljazeera came up with a bogus statistic a few years that positioned Nigeria and South Africans as the highest bleachers in the world. Interestingly and significantly the part about South Africa was hastily drooped by subsequent News outlets that carried the news and widened it. I suspect the reason for this is that they soon realized that South Africa has a number of tribes that are fair-skinned for example the San bush people, Hottentots and of course there are significant mixed race people. However for Nigeria, people are largely ignorant that Nigeria has significant fair-skinned ethnics, and so the false narrative was allowed to continue. The point of this example is to illustrate the possibility that, having coming across a large percentage of Nationals of these two countries that are fair-complexioned, assumptions informed by ignorance was made that bleaching was the likely reason since it is ignorantly assumed that sub-saharan Africans are either very dark or black skinned.

Anyhow, this is not to suggest that people don't bleach, they do, but that there is no solid evidence to back up the assertion by the poster. If anything, India and the Arab nations are the greatest bleachers in the world. This is little known.

1 Like

Re: 10 Unbelievable But True Facts About Nigeria. by Revolva(m): 9:18pm On May 26, 2015
Nigeria is a useless shameful and regrettable country to live in
Re: 10 Unbelievable But True Facts About Nigeria. by shammahyaro(f): 10:15pm On May 26, 2015
the ladies actually bleach due to the preference of fair ladies than black ones.From my humble view,its the taste of men,that trends women design

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Unbelievable But True Facts About Nigeria. by onyedikafreeman: 10:36pm On May 26, 2015
the longest bridge in africa is not the third mainland bridge. The longest bridge in africa is presently in egypt. the 6th october bridge cairon, egypt (20.5km)

1 Like

Re: 10 Unbelievable But True Facts About Nigeria. by Litmus: 11:23pm On May 26, 2015
Another thing some fail to recognize with Nigeria is that people that are actually very fair can, in many cases, appear very dark or dark brown while in Nigeria. Consequently you see these people on Facebook or in different media such as TV during CNN news or something and you wonder where are these fair people. However, when they go to Europe their truer much fairer complexion becomes manifest in the temperate climate.

1 Like

Re: 10 Unbelievable But True Facts About Nigeria. by amnestylaw1(m): 5:15am On May 27, 2015
david777:
It surprises me when some ploggers just post stuffs on net without having concrete evidences to substantiate it. I.e 1. How do you know the richest Pastor in d world, do u have his statement of account? 2. According to d information at my disposal, Oyedepo only has 1aircraft and not 4. I have my evidence. Pls always verify ur information b4 dissemination.

Bishop David Oyedepo, the founder of the Living Faith World Outreach Ministry, has been named the world’s richest pastor with a net worth of $150 Million.

According to US website, richestlifestyle.com, Bishop Oyedepo is “a prosperous pastor, who owns private jets and homes in the US and the UK.”

In the list also are 4 other Nigerian Pastors, bringing the number to 5 pastors from Nigeria included in the publication.

Below is the list of the top ten richest pastors in descending order:

10. Joseph Prince – Net worth: $5 Million (Singapore)

8. Chris Okotie – Net worth: $10 Million (Nigeria)

8. Matthew Ashimolowo – Net worth: $10 Million (Nigeria)

7. T.B. Joshua – Net worth: $15 Million (Nigeria)

6. T. D. Jakes – Net worth: $18 Million (United States)

5. Billy Graham – Net worth: $25 Million (United States)

4. Creflo Dollar – Net worth: $27 Million (United States)

3. Benny Hinn – Net worth: $42 Million (United States)

2. Chris Oyakhilome – Net worth: $50 Million (Nigeria)

1. David Oyedepo – Net worth: $150 Million (Nigeria).

]dailypost.ng/2014/10/08/bishop-oyedepo-named-worlds-richest-pastor/
Re: 10 Unbelievable But True Facts About Nigeria. by Meti99(m): 7:19am On May 27, 2015
you forgot to mention that nigeria has the best presidoe for the whole world.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Emir Sanusi, Wife, Children, Aliko Dangote Attend Polo Event In London / Meet 50 Obas Who Rule Lagos With Oba Rilwan Akiolu / Ooni Ogunwusi Leads In Worship In Church During Service (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.