Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,194 members, 7,953,698 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:49 PM

Pay As You View - Satellite TV Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Pay As You View (1365 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pay As You View by Nobody: 8:41am On May 26, 2015
I have been consistently baffled by the unwillingness of Nigerians to simply fight for their right and their joy at being used as the oil of the wheel of another country's economy. It is no longer news that we have spent roughly a decade as a prisoner of DSTV. Satelite TV is an integral part of a society that craves information but DSTV has made it hard to come by for the average civil servant in Nigeria. In South Africa and Ghana, the amount paid is a fraction of what we pay per month in Nigeria and it is comparable to paying through one's nose. The DSTV monopoly has consistently killed other Satelite TV outfits in Nigeria. I remember the case of HiTV and the malicious ways DSTV killed the ambition of that Nigerian outfit. Obviously, DSTV is another tool that the rich men use to widen the gap between the rich and the poor and the malicious law makers have consistently folded their arms while enjoying some bribes they took from the company. I know someone will come out and say if you can't pay the monthly subscription then make do with what you have but that is unfair on Nigerians that have been consistently cheated by these guys. I urge Nigerian youths to voice out and liberate Nigeria from the shackles of DSTV. Thanks!

Re: Pay As You View by guass(m): 3:23am On May 27, 2015
mohammedabiodun:
I have been consistently baffled by the unwillingness of Nigerians to simply fight for their right and their joy at being used as the oil of the wheel of another country's economy. It is no longer news that we have spent roughly a decade as a prisoner of DSTV. Satelite TV is an integral part of a society that craves information but DSTV has made it hard to come by for the average civil servant in Nigeria. In South Africa and Ghana, the amount paid is a fraction of what we pay per month in Nigeria and it is comparable to paying through one's nose. The DSTV monopoly has consistently killed other Satelite TV outfits in Nigeria. I remember the case of HiTV and the malicious ways DSTV killed the ambition of that Nigerian outfit. Obviously, DSTV is another tool that the rich men use to widen the gap between the rich and the poor and the malicious law makers have consistently folded their arms while enjoying some bribes they took from the company. I know someone will come out and say if you can't pay the monthly subscription then make do with what you have but that is unfair on Nigerians that have been consistently cheated by these guys. I urge Nigerian youths to voice out and liberate Nigeria from the shackles of DSTV. Thanks!
It's a matter of time, DSTV will soon look like MTN that has strong competitors.

1 Like

Re: Pay As You View by satelliteDISH(m): 7:14am On May 27, 2015
The rights to air premiership in africa should not b given to dstv alone. i want fifa president to look into this.
Re: Pay As You View by vodacom: 5:33pm On May 30, 2015
satelliteDISH:
The rights to air premiership in africa should not b given to dstv alone. i want fifa president to look into this.
dem shoot gun for your head to buy DStv? if u non like am,port go anoda paytv period. Pay as you view will be more expensive than you think. for example to watch a particular channel, you might pay N500 or more to watch certain channels.
Re: Pay As You View by godofwar666(m): 11:59am On Jun 03, 2015
mohammedabiodun:
hello sir, you sent me a msg just now, pls i cant get through the mail can you chat wit me here? Thanks.
Re: Pay As You View by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jun 03, 2015
godofwar666:
hello sir, you sent me a msg just now, pls i cant get through the mail can you chat wit me here? Thanks.
I was captivated by the stuffs you posted sir ........the trado stuff
Re: Pay As You View by godofwar666(m): 10:06pm On Jun 03, 2015
mohammedabiodun:
I was captivated by the stuffs you posted sir ........the trado stuff
stuff? Where? When? Please i dont understand you sir. Thanks
Re: Pay As You View by Nobody: 5:56am On Jun 05, 2015
On your timeline

(1) (Reply)

Echolink Receivers Thread / Who Knows About Startimes Decoder / Man Transmits DSTV Signal To 500 Homes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.