Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,155 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:41 AM

See How Fuel Scarcity Boosts My Productivity - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / See How Fuel Scarcity Boosts My Productivity (849 Views)

CBN Sells $230 Million To 16 Banks, Boosts Financial Market / Naira Gains as Nigeria’s Central Bank Boosts Dollar Supplies - Bloomberg / FG Declares Emergency Over Fuel Scarcity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See How Fuel Scarcity Boosts My Productivity by barry40: 9:13am On May 26, 2015
It is true that for every adversity, there are opportunities. When I say that fuel scarcity boosts my productivity, many may quickly think that I am one of those guys carrying Jerry Can selling fuel by the road side at very exorbitant prices. No! The scarcity and the hike in price affected me too. But instead of bemoaning the situation, I quickly realised that I may not be able to do anything about the situation. What I needed was to adjust some things and quickly adapt. See what I did below:

1. Since I cannot afford to put on my generator for a long time the way I used to do, I only put on my generators in the evening time. Firstly, I use my bigger generator to power the pumping machine. When the tank is full, I change to "I-pass-my-neighbour" which consumes less fuel. During this period, I ensure my two laptops are fully charged, ready for wok the following day. Meanwhile, this second laptop has been lying there since except when I need some information from it.

2. Since I don't have all day long to work with the laptops, I simply prioritize my work thereby forcing me to focus on the most important ones. It also forces me to work faster to avoid battery power outage. Surprisingly, the time that seemed not enough for me to perform my tasks now becomes more than enough. This even enables me to do more.

3. I reduce the length of time I stay on the internet. I limit myself to those websites that give me what I need. Do you want to find out the websites: Here are my list and the reasons for my choice

a. www.nairaland.com: I choose this website as it keeps me updated about the current situation in Nigeria. Though some subjects may not be important to me but I know where to get what I need on the site. Every vital happening in Nigeria is just at a click to be get updated.
b. www.businessinfohub.com. I read business articles a lot. Since I don't have time to start searching or browsing various websites, I go directly to this website because from there, I can choose from tons of articles which are curated from various top websites on small business and entrepreneurship in general. They do the search for me, then I read.

That has been my experience so far! You can share your own experience for other people to read.

1 Like

Re: See How Fuel Scarcity Boosts My Productivity by barry40: 5:36pm On Jun 01, 2015
It's actually a blessing in disguise
Re: See How Fuel Scarcity Boosts My Productivity by 400billionman: 3:19pm On Jun 04, 2015
How much is involved sir ?

1 Like

Re: See How Fuel Scarcity Boosts My Productivity by OCTAVO: 4:30pm On Jun 04, 2015
400billionman:
How much is involved sir ?
Good question. Was expecting to see how much he made.

(1) (Reply)

Do You Know About Coconut Slicing Machine? / How To Buy Brazillian And Spanish Tiles For Beauty Of Your Homes And Offices. / How Forex Restrictions Is Hurting Exports

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.