Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,251 members, 7,953,939 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 09:23 AM

UNN Students Protest Over Power Failure - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNN Students Protest Over Power Failure (8525 Views)

LAUTECH Students Protest Over 7 Months Strike (Pics, Video) / How UNN Students Eat During Exam (photos) / See What Is Trending Among UNN Students And Staff ( Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNN Students Protest Over Power Failure by nosike3(m): 1:50pm On May 26, 2015
Vivipop:
This reminds me of the 2009 riot/protest over increament in school fees. Opi junction was blocked, and at the end our voices were heard. I hope their voices will be heard again this time. Nigeria shames me sometimes.
that riot was fun but the 8k reparation fees wasn't funny! angry

1 Like

Re: UNN Students Protest Over Power Failure by kaboninc(m): 1:54pm On May 26, 2015
Vivipop:
A night before that day, Lion fm had already announced the evacuation of all students from the school premises and hostels on or before 7 am the next day. They never cared how the students would do so that night. Anyways, my friends and i couldn't wait to know what would happen after 7am the next day. A friend picked us up that night and we left for Amaofia that night, two days later, we all dispersed. The strike was the longest i've encountered and the 8k reparation fee was annoying but at the very end, we were heard.
One day, the weary and bitter voices of Nigerians will be heard. Who knows, that day might just be around the corner. cheesy

Lol.

I was just returning from the stadium when the boys at Mbanefo and Alvan began chanting anti-Bartho slogan. There was this rumour that the VC was going to increase the school fees. So the students mobilized and took to the second gate where they demobilized the security and took over the gates. That day was just memorable.

The loot was something else. I remember Chitis was ransacked. Then Senior Staff Bar where students stole the most claiming that that was where the Professors sat to decide who and who would grace F and E! Then CEC Guest House. It was at that point the Soldiers took on those of us still in school.

The guys who matched to Opi Junction, chai, I pity that guy who owns the depot distributing Nigerian Breweries products. Then VC was even lucky. The damage done at his residence, window screen of all brand new cars/trucks were destroyed. It was just free for all. Then they sent ZOMBIES from the Nigerian Police Force. Loool.

Those guys dealt with us. Sent us packing with our meal cooking on the stove. They appeared to know all the shortcuts around the boys hostel.

That day, them hear am.

About our voices being heard, I tell you, our voices are being held. Just that we're sending the wrong message!

1 Like

Re: UNN Students Protest Over Power Failure by nosike3(m): 1:56pm On May 26, 2015
Gistwitherico:

These students are new. They obviously don't know what is reparation?
8k no be beans! cry

1 Like

Re: UNN Students Protest Over Power Failure by Mitsurugi(m): 2:47pm On May 26, 2015
Vivipop:
This reminds me of the 2009 riot/protest over increament in school fees. Opi junction was blocked, and at the end our voices were heard. I hope their voices will be heard again this time. Nigeria shames me sometimes.

Greatest Lioness! grin

1 Like

Re: UNN Students Protest Over Power Failure by kritikali(m): 3:11pm On May 26, 2015
PDPwayoo:

sorry if u r offended. I love things in a civilized manner.
1. if university student are protesting with leafs what will market women do?
2. if UNN students r protesting with leaf what will university of Maidugiri students do?

my brother, check am na.

You didn't have to be a bigot to make ur point clear, mind u unimad was once one of the best uni in Nigeria if not for the crisis..dyu even know the kinda ppl that go to the sch, oh lemme guess BH shey?? The way u compare show how uncivilise u re despite wantin tins to b done in a civilised manner! *Sips kunu zaki*
Re: UNN Students Protest Over Power Failure by dubemivan(m): 3:54pm On May 26, 2015
Vivipop:
I can recall back then... I was in my First year. It really pained me the aftermath of that protest especially the reparation fee though I wasnt involved in the violence. This is a mess up country sha!

1 Like

Re: UNN Students Protest Over Power Failure by Nobody: 3:55pm On May 26, 2015
kritikali:

You didn't have to be a bigot to make ur point clear, mind u unimad was once one of the best uni in Nigeria if not for the crisis..dyu even know the kinda ppl that go to the sch, oh lemme guess BH shey?? The way u compare show how uncivilise u re despite wantin tins to b done in a civilised manner! *Sips kunu zaki*

U dont have sense. No need to argue with a small boy like you. Go and wash plate, your mother is calling you.
Re: UNN Students Protest Over Power Failure by kritikali(m): 7:53pm On May 26, 2015
PDPwayoo:

U dont have sense. No need to argue with a small boy like you. Go and wash plate, your mother is calling you.

It shall not be well with you fool..e-idiot
Re: UNN Students Protest Over Power Failure by Nobody: 8:01pm On May 26, 2015
kritikali:

It shall not be well with you fool..e-idiot

when adults r talking u shut up............ go and help ur mother in the kitchen.
Re: UNN Students Protest Over Power Failure by Caliph69: 8:03pm On May 26, 2015
kaboninc:

That day, I was sleep walking. cheesy

That was a day I won't forget in a hurry.
BTW, Kaboninc...sounds familiar. Is it KB
Re: UNN Students Protest Over Power Failure by kritikali(m): 8:17pm On May 26, 2015
PDPwayoo:

when adults r talking u shut up............ go and help ur mother in the kitchen.

Mtchew..so much nonsense frm an adult
Re: UNN Students Protest Over Power Failure by kaboninc(m): 8:42pm On May 26, 2015
Caliph69:

That was a day I won't forget in a hurry. BTW, Kaboninc...sounds familiar. Is it KB
Nope. Its kaboninc!
Re: UNN Students Protest Over Power Failure by yuncka: 7:38am On Jun 02, 2015
Vivipop:

hope say U pay Ur reparation fee... grin
Re: UNN Students Protest Over Power Failure by Iamxtopher(m): 9:15am On Jun 02, 2015
The issue ain't just about light not being in the UNN Campus only, it's about we not having adequate power since the beginning of the semester in all the Campuses.. (UNN, UNEC and UNTH), No Power, No Internet Service since the beginning of the semester (8th April) ..

Come on that's Unfair na.. how do you want students to work.. Students of Architecture like me, we don't even have power in our studios and you want us to keep calm?
Re: UNN Students Protest Over Power Failure by phoenix90(m): 6:31pm On Feb 05, 2017
Vivipop:
That 2009 protest was the best agitation for change I've ever seen happen. The students were united, the anger have been brewing for so long a time and when it came (the protest) there was no holding back. We could have marched to Abuja if it were to be the solution to our quest. And today 2face chickened out. #WhatAShame

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ibrahim Shamwifu Score 399 In JAMB Is A Great Job / Obi Distribute Laptops & Printers To Anambra Schools / Ebonyi Wins Democracy School Debate 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.