Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,215 members, 7,818,729 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:12 PM

Fellow Nairalanders, I Need Your Opinions Please - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Fellow Nairalanders, I Need Your Opinions Please (784 Views)

I Need Your Opinions Please Rush In Here!!!!!! / Udemy And Lynda.com Paid Course Gathering Service (opinions) PICS ADDED / Help Me Out Fellow Nairalanders, I Cant Sign In To My Paidverts Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fellow Nairalanders, I Need Your Opinions Please by Ozize(m): 6:37pm On May 26, 2015
Good day nairalanders. So, I have decied to set up a technology review website and am torn between making it a forum and making it a blog like gadgetreview.com or theverge.com. The review forum is set up to allow registered users review and comment on gadgets themselves with their first hand usage and observations giving each review a precise description of the product, as for the blog as we all know I will have to do the reviews myself whether I have used the product or not. I find that the blog type is very common but I have never come accross the forum type. I will so much appreciate your opinion, thanks in advance.
Re: Fellow Nairalanders, I Need Your Opinions Please by fattbabakay(m): 7:32pm On May 26, 2015
Making it a forum requires visitors steadily..And Nigerians will hardly take the time to review a product so far they aint gaining anything in return. I'll advise you make it a blog and take the pain to do it yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Fellow Nairalanders, I Need Your Opinions Please by Ozize(m): 8:22pm On May 26, 2015
fattbabakay:
Making it a forum requires visitors steadily..And Nigerians will hardly take the time to review a product so far they aint gaining anything in return. I'll advise you make it a blog and take the pain to do it yourself.
thank you so much Babakay, opinion noted.
Re: Fellow Nairalanders, I Need Your Opinions Please by webzyweb(m): 8:40pm On May 26, 2015
Making it a blog is best, because it can easily grow with you efforts and by writing articles that satisfies audience queries / solve their quest for knowledge on tech stuff.

If you make it a forum, you will need have to get users, sensible ones that can contribute to the topics, it takes time for it to grow.

You can easily grow in users and traffic in months by using a blog .
Re: Fellow Nairalanders, I Need Your Opinions Please by Dmayor7(m): 10:34pm On May 26, 2015
Ozize:
Good day nairalanders. So, I have decied to set up a technology review website and am torn between making it a forum and making it a blog like gadgetreview.com or theverge.com. The review forum is set up to allow registered users review and comment on gadgets themselves with their first hand usage and observations giving each review a precise description of the product, as for the blog as we all know I will have to do the reviews myself whether I have used the product or not. I find that the blog type is very common but I have never come accross the forum type. I will so much appreciate your opinion, thanks in advance.

May i refer you to this topic on nairaland..

Blog or Forum

Also here is my answer on it...

My answer to this question at hand

Hope it helps....

Kudos..
Re: Fellow Nairalanders, I Need Your Opinions Please by Ozize(m): 12:14am On May 27, 2015
webzyweb:
Making it a blog is best, because it can easily grow with you efforts and by writing articles that satisfies audience queries / solve their quest for knowledge on tech stuff.

If you make it a forum, you will need have to get users, sensible ones that can contribute to the topics, it takes time for it to grow.

You can easily grow in users and traffic in months by using a blog .

Thanks so much webzyweb.
Re: Fellow Nairalanders, I Need Your Opinions Please by Ozize(m): 12:15am On May 27, 2015
Dmayor7:

May i refer you to this topic on nairaland..

Blog or Forum

Also here is my answer on it...

My answer to this question at hand

Hope it helps....

Kudos..
thank you mayor, will check it out right away.
Re: Fellow Nairalanders, I Need Your Opinions Please by oteneaaron(m): 9:34am On May 27, 2015
hey op.. .. in my best opinion... start with a blog.. . always encourage ur readers to comment on ur articles or videos..... den over time u cud incoporate a forum to ur blog with..... buddypress or bbpress. but let d river start flowing with a blog first...... wish u all d best in ur blogging journey!

1 Like

Re: Fellow Nairalanders, I Need Your Opinions Please by Ozize(m): 3:50pm On May 27, 2015
oteneaaron:
hey op.. .. in my best opinion... start with a blog.. . always encourage ur readers to comment on ur articles or videos..... den over time u cud incoporate a forum to ur blog with..... buddypress or bbpress. but let d river start flowing with a blog first...... wish u all d best in ur blogging journey!
Nice one Aaron, will surely keep that in mind. Thank you.

(1) (Reply)

6 Ways To Drive Targeted Traffic To Your Blog / PLS HELP! Has My Account Been Blocked? / How To Get Adquet Ad Code And Place It On Blogger And Wordpress Blogs. Video Inc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.