Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,855 members, 7,817,531 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:52 PM

Are True Christians An Endangered Species Or Something: - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are True Christians An Endangered Species Or Something: (1753 Views)

Types Of People True Christians MUST Not Associate With In The Church / How Can You Identify True Christians? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are True Christians An Endangered Species Or Something: by No2Atheism(m): 7:33pm On Feb 13, 2009
True Christians don try and suffer through the ages,

First the Pharasees conivved to get them banned, yet that did not succeed.
Herod tried to kill some of them, yet that did not succeed.
Romans tried to kill them off, yet that did not succeed.
Catholics tried to kill them off, yet that did not succeed.
I.s.l.a.m tried to kill them off, yet that did not succeed.
Communism tried to suppress and kill them off, yet that did not succeed.
Now Atheism and Evolution has joined the ranks of those trying to kill them off, yes off course, we know that would also not succeed.

Glory be to God Almighty, Creator of Heaven and Earth (in 6 literal 24 hours days), our Father in Heaven, SO IT IS.
Re: Are True Christians An Endangered Species Or Something: by RichyBlacK(m): 7:38pm On Feb 13, 2009
No2Atheism:

True Christians don try and suffer through the ages,

First the Pharasees conivved to get them banned, yet that did not succeed.
Herod tried to kill some of them, yet that did not succeed.
Romans tried to kill them off, yet that did not succeed.
Catholics tried to kill them off, yet that did not succeed.
I.s.l.a.m tried to kill them off, yet that did not succeed.
Communism tried to suppress and kill them off, yet that did not succeed.
Now Atheism and Evolution has joined the ranks of those trying to kill them off, yes off course, we know that would also not succeed.

Glory be to God Almighty, Creator of Heaven and Earth (in 6 literal 24 hours days), our Father in Heaven, SO IT IS.

Do you know when the hour as a measure of time was adopted?
Re: Are True Christians An Endangered Species Or Something: by osisi2(f): 7:41pm On Feb 13, 2009
The word lives on and grows in leaps and bounds, no matter what the devil and his many cohorts say and do
Jesus Christ,the one who split the Calendar into B.C (before Christ) and A.D (in the year of the Lord) lives on and the Bible continues to be the most translated book in the world and the best seller of all times. cool
Re: Are True Christians An Endangered Species Or Something: by osisi2(f): 7:43pm On Feb 13, 2009
RichyBlacK:

look at a moderator going off topic
I need to ban you grin
Re: Are True Christians An Endangered Species Or Something: by RichyBlacK(m): 7:47pm On Feb 13, 2009
**osisi:

look at a moderator going off topic
I need to ban you grin

People just open their mouth and shout "24 hours" as if it has always been used. grin

I thought the Bible said "a day is a like a thousand years" or something like that.

I believe that truth is ONE, and that the Bible and science are both true.
Re: Are True Christians An Endangered Species Or Something: by debosky(m): 7:48pm On Feb 13, 2009
RichyBlacK:

Ol boy see me see trouble oh!  cheesy
The guy is arguing over the same matter with me on another thread. Ignorant Christians like this are the most DANGEROUS.  sad
Re: Are True Christians An Endangered Species Or Something: by No2Atheism(m): 8:17pm On Feb 13, 2009
@RichyBlacK

I or anyone else does not need to know the agree unit of time that is used to measure a single day, whether they are using a "sand time glass" or "sun shadown dial" or "atomic clocks" is completely and totally irrelevant.

The issue here is that GOD HIMSELF, told us (everybody), the definition of a single day.

God Himself told us that a single equals "the light part of the day i.e. daytime" + "night part of the day i.e. night time".

So talking about who invented what or when it was invented is just mere semantics meant to deviate from the obvious,

Gen 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
Gen 1:2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
Gen 1:3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
Gen 1:4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.
Gen 1:5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

The only reason i am using 24hours as the unit of time within a single day is because that is what is generally agreed to the unit of time in a day, if the agreed unit of time was 30 hours or 50hours or 1 million hours, it does not change the FACT that GOD HIMSELF SAID AND TOLD US THAT A SINGLE DAY CONSISTS OF DAY TIME AND NIGHT TIME, HOW WE MEASURE OR DIVIDE THOSE DAY TIME AND NIGHT TIME IS COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT IN KNOWING THAT GOD WAS TALKING ABOUT A LITERAL DAY.
Re: Are True Christians An Endangered Species Or Something: by No2Atheism(m): 8:26pm On Feb 13, 2009
@DEBOSKY,

The guy is arguing over the same matter with me on another thread. Ignorant Christians like this are the most DANGEROUS.

Thank you for the insult, being insulted is a little price to pay in the big scheme of things,

At least thank God am the one you are insulting and not the Bible because its obvious that bible clearly said something you do not agree with, yet fortunately for me what was said by the bible is not something which can be changed by man.

So far i have not used my own words to do the explanation, I have restricted myself to the Bible verses (for people to crosscheck) since I know that that is the only thing is infallible, everyone of us is fallible, hence the reason why i quickly admitted the fact that the use of 24hours is not necessary since it is not something etched in stone but rather something which i did because 24hours is something everyone had agreed to as the unit of measuring the amount of time in a day.

Nonetheless that still does not take away that fact that GOD HIMSELF MADE IT VERY CLEAR FOR ALL TO SEE IN GENERATIONS PAST, OUR GENERATION AND GENERATIONS TO COME , that HE was simply talking about a single day cycle that equals "night + day".
Re: Are True Christians An Endangered Species Or Something: by jagunlabi(m): 1:12pm On Feb 14, 2009
What or who is a "true christian"?Can we have a definition,please?
Re: Are True Christians An Endangered Species Or Something: by manmustwac(m): 2:11pm On Feb 14, 2009
@post
How can u say that you Christians are an endangered species when 99.9% of you living in Nigeria are all completely brainwashed and delusional with your christian beliefs? Pls stop fooling yourself
Re: Are True Christians An Endangered Species Or Something: by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:21pm On Feb 14, 2009
A true Christian is one who has been born again because of his faith in the Gospel truth which can only be found in the Bible
[list]
[li]Of His own will begat He us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of His creatures. - James 1:18[/li]
[/list]

[list]
[li]Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever. - 1 Peter 1:23[/li]
[/list]

And it doesn't stop there, as true Christians we must continue to trust and obey the word of God and to understand what we believe, why we are Christians and must be able to articulate this belief reasonably and biblically.

True Christians must believe Matt.19:4; Mark 10:6; Exodus 20:11; and the rest of Scripture as the final authority in all matters, especially as it relates to the foundation for Christian doctrines such as who is the last Adam?, the reason for the gospel, the works of Jesus Christ, John 3:16, marriage, sin etc all found in Genesis.  Especially the answers that the Bible has for the questions below:

[list]
[li]1.  Who created?------------God[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]2.  What was created?  ----All things[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]3.  How was it created?--- By His Power[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]4.  When was it created?—In the beginning[/li]
[/list]
[list]
5.  How long did it take to
     Create?------------------- 6 days

And He answered and said unto them, "Have ye not read, that He which made them at the beginning made them male and female," Matthew 19:4

"But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female.  For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and cleave to his wife; And they twain shall be one flesh: so then they are no more twain, but one flesh.  What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder."  Mark 10:4-9

"For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it."  Exodus 20:11

For by Him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones or dominions or principalities or powers:  all things were created by Him, and for him.”  Colossians 1:16

A true Christian would trust the word of God as the final authority above the ideologies and philosophies of men.
Re: Are True Christians An Endangered Species Or Something: by Nobody: 7:23pm On Feb 14, 2009
please who are the true christians and what is the criteria for being a good christian
Re: Are True Christians An Endangered Species Or Something: by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:46am On Feb 15, 2009
chukwudi44:

please who are the true christians and what is the criteria for being a good christian

Here is a ready made answer tailor made for your very important question: Who is a true Christian?

The questions are often asked, “Who is a Christian? How do I know a Christian if I meet one? Does every Matthew, Luke, or John pass for a Christian? Is everyone who raises up his hand in response to a preacher’s call to repentance a Christian? Does everyone who passes through the church isle to the altar pass for a Christian? Are all those in church pews during church services Christians? Who is a Christian? Finally you may ask, “Am I a Christian?”

A soul winner on evangelism met a drunk drifting down a lane. In his attempt to help him discover the true purpose of living’ he asked, “Are you a Christian?” The answer came quick and sharp “What do you think I am? A Pagan?” This is a pitiful point.

A brilliant preacher full of energy and zeal got the pass mark of his congregation. But his life at home showed a pattern of pride and jealousy found in the fallen angel - Lucifer.

A gifted and talented lady-soloist sings like an angel and prays like a prophet but she talks and acts with thunder and volcano in her voice. Her red-hot temper, contentiousness and confusion are marks of her presence at home or at work. Are these Christians? A ‘Niagara’ of stormy words is an indication of the absence of Christ in the heart.

Being a Christian is not a new label: It is a new life. The word ‘Christian’ first occurred in the New Testament. It was not in the Old Testament. “The disciples were called Christians first in Antioch” (Acts11:26). From the first use of a word, the true meaning and significance of the word become clear. Disciples were called Christians.

‘Disciple’ is a prominent word in the New Testament. It did not have any place in the Jewish Religion. One of the disciples in Antioch referred to as a Christian was in Jewish religion (Galatians 1:13) before he became a Christian. Living by the Mosiac code of “ordinance, touch not, taste not, handle not,” the ceremonial washing in holy water is ignorance of true discipleship and Christianity. Christianity centres on Jesus Christ - His love, life and light. A Christian therefore is the person who lives the life of Christ as revealed in the New Testament.

The New Testament opens with Jesus Christ who saves from sin (Matthew 1:21) and closes with Jesus Christ, the King who will come quickly - Revelation 22:20. Christ died to make you a Christian. He did not have to die to make you a churchgoer; you can do that on your own. But you cannot overcome sin in your natural human nature. Christ died to suffer for you-through Christ’s merit. If you confess your sins and ask for pardon and grace you will be forgiven. Peace and joy will come into your heart. You will never be the same again. Christ died to make you live - through definite faith in His precious Blood; your heart and life are changed. Christ died to reconcile you to God. Through His meritorious sacrifice, a love relationship is established between you and God. Christ died to give you a new heart and life like His. You can only enjoy a new heart at the expense of another.

The Christian life radiates the beauty of Christ’s lifestyle - humility, obedience, love, integrity and newness of life. Check up if you are a Christian. If not, why not? “Be not deceived: God is not mocked: For whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap” (Galatians 6:7). Remember that “not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter the kingdom of heaven: but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in Heaven.”

You can decide to confess your sins to God today and repent - make a wholehearted change of life. Ask for pardon from God in the Name of Jesus, the only one Mediator between God and man (1 Timothy 2:5). Believe God for His mercy. Changed and transformed, begin to live a Christian life.

1. Pray everyday especially before you go out in the morning and before you sleep in the evening.
2. Read the Bible everyday especially in the morning before you begin the day and before you sleep in the evening. (Start with the gospel according to John)
3. Fellowship with Bible-believing Christians.
4. Be conscious of the presence of Jesus EVERY TIME; therefore, do not do whatever will displease Him.
5. Send for more tracts to give to your friends as you share your testimonies with them.
Re: Are True Christians An Endangered Species Or Something: by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:19pm On Feb 15, 2009
The Biggest Question of All was when Jesus wanted His disciples to articulate in His presence their beliefs about Him.  So He asked them the biggest question of all time:  "Who do you say that I am?" (Matt. 16:15).  Your answer to Jesus' question will determine your eternal fate; it will determine where you will be living 200 years from now.

It is true that He asked the disciples' and the Jews' perception but it is also true in our contemporay day of the divergent erroneous views that different religious people have of Him.

[list]
[li]Christian science adherents believe that He was the offspring of Mary's self-conscious communion with God.[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]Spiritualism believes He is not the Son of God, just a perfect being.[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]Jehovah's Witnesses believes that Jesus was a man who used to be angel Michael. shocked[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]Mormonism believe that Jesus is both the Father and the Son. [/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]Mordernism believes that He was a good man that His deluded followers took Him as a god(does that sound familiar? [/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]Christadelphianism believes that Jesus Christ is not divine.[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]Seventh Day Adventism believes that Jesus in His humanity partook of our sinful nature.[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]Baha'ism believes that Jesus Christ is only one of many manifestations of God, ie one of many Messiahs, and that His sufferings was no more than those other prophets.[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]I'slamism believes that Jesus Christ was one of the prophets that is coming back to die shocked[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]Rosicrucianism believes that He is the highest initiate of the sun period, not the only begotten Son of God.[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]Other New Age Movements like the Grail Message and other gnostic religions have their weird views of Him as Master, Christ-energy consciousness.  For them Jesus was only a man, while the Christ is the God essence that indwelt Him and other all other humans.[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]The RCC claim that Peter and by succession the present pope is regarded as the vicar of Christ on earth taking the place of Jesus Christ in the world.  The pope is viewed as the ruler of the world and supreme over all.  They wrongly claim that Christ appointed Peter as the first pope and Bishop of Rome.[/li]
[/list]

The disciples were a bit stunned by the question, and only the apostle Peter attempted an answer.  His answer needs to be your answer: "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God" (Matt.16:16).  The amazing thing about this answer is that Peter did not come up with it on his own.  It had come from the Heavenly Father (Matthew 16:17).  God Himself helped Peter mold the correct answer to this all-important question.  So, when you read this answer, realise that it is a divinely given response!  "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God."

(To be continued)
Re: Are True Christians An Endangered Species Or Something: by Image123(m): 8:35pm On Feb 15, 2009
Yes i think christians are kinda like an endangered species in that we'll soon be out of the earth when the rapture takes place.Its not going to be a easy time for unbelievers,I tell you.Jesus is coming soon
Re: Are True Christians An Endangered Species Or Something: by KunleOshob(m): 10:53am On Feb 16, 2009
The truth is that true christians who live a christ like life and keep his commandments (Love your neighbour as your self) are now almost extinct. Most people just assume they are christians becos they profess the faith or they are church goers. Worse still is the pentecostal ill informed definition of christianity which mistranslates the concept of being born again in the bible. Anyway as the good books says by their fruits we shall know them. Ask yourselves how many christians truely show the fruits of the spirit as defined in the bible??
Re: Are True Christians An Endangered Species Or Something: by MadMax1(f): 12:36pm On Feb 16, 2009
KunleOshob:

The truth is that true christians who live a christ like life and keep his commandments (Love your neighbour as your self) are now almost extinct. Most people just assume they are christians becos they profess the faith or they are church goers. Worse still is the pentecostal ill informed definition of christianity which mistranslates the concept of being born again in the bible.

How do Pentecostals ill-define 'born again'?
Re: Are True Christians An Endangered Species Or Something: by mnwankwo(m): 1:21pm On Feb 16, 2009
@Olaadegbu

Other New Age Movements like the Grail Message and other gnostic religions have their weird views of Him as Master, Christ-energy consciousness. For them Jesus was only a man, while the Christ is the God essence that indwelt Him and other all other humans

Your statement above concerning the Grail Message is wrong and was not taken from the Grail Message. The Grail Message teaches that Jesus Christ is the son of God, that is, Jesus Christ is God the son. The basic teaching of the Grail Message is that human beings are not God nor are the divine. Thus no human being or indeed any other being can become Jesus Christ. Human beings are creatures of God but Jesus is God the son. Thus accept that you are either ignorantly or delibrately misinforming your audience. I advice you to retract your statement on the Grail Message. In addition the Grail Message is not a new age movement but a book of 1000 plus pages on the origin, the mechanism and structure of creation. Stay blessed

1 Like

Re: Are True Christians An Endangered Species Or Something: by KunleOshob(m): 4:06pm On Feb 16, 2009
Mad_Max:

How do Pentecostals ill-define 'born again'?
Did paul or any of the apostles ever preach being born again when they went about spreading the gospel (good news)? The concept of being born again as is explained by the pentecostal movement today is a poor understanding of what Jesus was saying in John 3:16. Go and read the whole passage again from verse 1 to the end. Howcome this all important concept appears only once in the bible? Only John recorded it out of all the four gospels and none of the apostles ever used the concept in spreading christianity.
Re: Are True Christians An Endangered Species Or Something: by Recognise: 6:40pm On Feb 16, 2009
deleted
Re: Are True Christians An Endangered Species Or Something: by Nobody: 7:11pm On Feb 16, 2009
WHAT JESUS REALLY MEANT BY BEING BORN AGAIN WAS BAPTISM BY WATER AND GIFT OF THE HOLY SPIRIT BUT UNFORTUNATELY PENTECOSTALS HAS BASTARDISED THAT TERM 'BORN AGAIN'.iMAGINE SOME ONE ASKING YOU TO RECITE PRAYERS CONTAINED IN A CHRISTIAN TRACT AND AFTERWARDS TELLING YOU THAT U ARE NOW BORN AGAIN.WITHOUT WATER BAPTISM IF U LIKE FAST AND PRAY FROM NOW TILL THE COMMING OF JESUS YOU ARE NOT BORN AGAIN
Re: Are True Christians An Endangered Species Or Something: by MadMax1(f): 12:38pm On Feb 17, 2009
KunleOshob:

Did paul or any of the apostles ever preach being born again when they went about spreading the gospel (good news)? The concept of being born again as is explained by the pentecostal movement today is a poor understanding of what Jesus was saying in John 3:16. Go and read the whole passage again from verse 1 to the end. Howcome this all important concept appears only once in the bible? Only John recorded it out of all the four gospels and none of the apostles ever used the concept in spreading christianity.

I just finished reading John 3. Do you have any idea how interesting what you said is? I haven't come across it before. You have to explain it some more. Born again means baptism by water and the Spirit of God? And that's the Gospel according to Pentecostals?What's the Gospel according to the apostles?
Re: Are True Christians An Endangered Species Or Something: by KunleOshob(m): 12:58pm On Feb 17, 2009
Being a christian simply means being christlike, the first people to be called christians in the bible were called so becos they were living a christlike life and people saw christ in them(unlike today's christians) what does it mean to be christlike? simply living a life of love and compassion for others and keeping your self free from sin. But today pentecostals tell you that you have to be bornagain to be a christian even though they don't have any scriptural basis for this. Mind you i am a baptist and the baptist church is regognized as the first pentecostal church but i don't allow church doctrine to control me rather i seek the word directly myself.

Mad_Max:

I just finished reading John 3. Do you have any idea how interesting what you said is? I haven't come across it before. You have to explain it some more. Born again means baptism by water and the Spirit of God? And that's the Gospel according to Pentecostals?What's the Gospel according to the apostles?
What the scriptures said is "born of water and born of the spirit"(symbolic language) not baptism by water. Another example of interpretation problems we have in the church. I would post a link that further underlines this mis-understanding shortly.
Re: Are True Christians An Endangered Species Or Something: by KunleOshob(m): 1:34pm On Feb 17, 2009
@Mad_Max
You can check out the link below for more insight as to what "born again" really means.
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-143706.0.html
Re: Are True Christians An Endangered Species Or Something: by Nobody: 5:45pm On Feb 17, 2009
@KUNLE OSHO

PLEASE CAN YOU PLEASE TELL ME WHY CORNELIUS AND HIS HOUSEHOLD STILL NEEDED BAPTISM EVEN AFTER HAVING RECEIVED THE HOLY SPIRIT
Re: Are True Christians An Endangered Species Or Something: by Lady2(f): 12:00am On Feb 18, 2009
What the scriptures said is "born of water and born of the spirit"(symbolic language) not baptism by water. Another example of interpretation problems we have in the church. I would post a link that further underlines this mis-understanding shortly.

Whoa, slow down, what?

Symbolism?

So what was John using to baptise?
What did he use to baptise Jesus?
What they were never really baptised? What did the Gospels do, tell that Jesus and all those that were baptised in the Jordan weren't really baptisd by water? because the Jordan really isn't a body of water, and they just stood there pretending to be using water. It was just symbolism?

WHAT?
Seriously Kunle, you are going to have to explain this one to me.
Re: Are True Christians An Endangered Species Or Something: by KunleOshob(m): 11:21am On Feb 18, 2009
~Lady~:

Whoa, slow down, what?

Symbolism?

So what was John using to baptise?
What did he use to baptise Jesus?
What they were never really baptised? What did the Gospels do, tell that Jesus and all those that were baptised in the Jordan weren't really baptisd by water? because the Jordan really isn't a body of water, and they just stood there pretending to be using water. It was just symbolism?

WHAT?
Seriously Kunle, you are going to have to explain this one to me.

Born of water as used in John 3 does not necessarilly translate to water baptism, if you recall Jesus himself was baptised by John the baptist (does that imply that Jesus became born again ) it is quite evident that the culture of baptism by emersion precede christianity and it was adopted in to christian doctrine however, the reason for this is not explicit in the bible we can only make assumptions. I am a baptist and baptism by emersion is one of our fundermental doctrines even then i believe it is mostly symbolic what is more important is to receive the holy spirit in out lives to guide us as christians.
Re: Are True Christians An Endangered Species Or Something: by KunleOshob(m): 12:37pm On Feb 18, 2009
This what Apostle Paul had to say about baptism:

1 Corinthians 1:17:
17 For Christ didn’t send me to baptize, but to preach the Good News—and not with clever speech, for fear that the cross of Christ would lose its power.
Re: Are True Christians An Endangered Species Or Something: by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:47pm On Feb 18, 2009
m_nwankwo:

@Olaadegbu

Your statement above concerning the Grail Message is wrong and was not taken from the Grail Message. The Grail Message teaches that Jesus Christ is the son of God, that is, Jesus Christ is God the son. The basic teaching of the Grail Message is that human beings are not God nor are the divine. Thus no human being or indeed any other being can become Jesus Christ. Human beings are creatures of God but Jesus is God the son. Thus accept that you are either ignorantly or delibrately misinforming your audience. I advice you to retract your statement on the Grail Message. In addition the Grail Message is not a new age movement but a book of 1000 plus pages on the origin, the mechanism and structure of creation. Stay blessed

What I said was that the New Age movements of which the Grail message is one and of their general teachings.  To me the Grail message movement is just one of the near and far eastern movements; others are cults like the Baha'i, Hare Krishna, Yoga, Transcedental Meditation, Divine Light Mission (Elan Vital), Rajneesh Foundation (Osho) etc.

If you are however claiming that the Grail message movement does not belong to the above group or that its beliefs are any different from the New Age or gnostic religions, can you then kindly answer the following questions?

[list]
[li]Why do you call Jesus Christ the son of God? (notice the small letter case you used in spelling the son of God instead of the Son of God), I am not interested in the superficial meanings or semantics but I will rather scratch the surface to see what is embedded underneath.[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]Do you accept that Jesus Christ is your Lord and Saviour?[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]Do you pray to God in the name of Jesus?[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]Do you accept that Jesus came and died as a sacrifice for our sins, that is, as a substitunary atonement for our sins?[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]Do you believe that Jesus died and was buried and physically rose up the third day, that is the literal resurrection (flesh and blood).[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]Do you have some secrecy in your group or movement, that is, do you have an open invitation to all your meetings or is it conducted in secrecy, which means unless you are a 'cross bearer' you can't go to certain meetings?[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]Do you believe in reincarnation or in a literal heaven or hell?[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]Do you believe in Evolution or in the creation account as recorded in the book of Genesis?[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]Do you believe in the canon the the Scriptures, the Bible, as the Word of God and final authority or not?[/li]
[/list]

Answers to questions as these will determine whether your are a true Christian or a cult group.

Check the link below to see how the devil has succeeded in deceiving mankind as to who Jesus Christ really is.

http://www.worldministries.org/IntNL/Ephesus.pdf
Re: Are True Christians An Endangered Species Or Something: by mnwankwo(m): 7:31pm On Feb 18, 2009
@Olaadegbu

OLAADEGBU:

What I said was that the New Age movements of which the Grail message is one and of their general teachings. To me the Grail message movement is just one of the near and far eastern movements; others are cults like the Baha'i, Hare Krishna, Yoga, Transcedental Meditation, Divine Light Mission (Elan Vital), Rajneesh Foundation (Osho) etc.

If you are however claiming that the Grail message movement does not belong to the above group or that its beliefs are any different from the New Age or gnostic religions, can you then kindly answer the following questions?

[list]
[li]Why do you call Jesus Christ the son of God? (notice the small letter case you used in spelling the son of God instead of the Son of God), I am not interested in the superficial meanings or semantics but I will rather scratch the surface to see what is embedded underneath.[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]Do you accept that Jesus Christ is your Lord and Saviour?[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]Do you pray to God in the name of Jesus?[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]Do you accept that Jesus came and died as a sacrifice for our sins, that is, as a substitunary atonement for our sins?[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]Do you believe that Jesus died and was buried and physically rose up the third day, that is the literal resurrection (flesh and blood).[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]Do you have some secrecy in your group or movement, that is, do you have an open invitation to all your meetings or is it conducted in secrecy, which means unless you are a 'cross bearer' you can't go to certain meetings?[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]Do you believe in reincarnation or in a literal heaven or hell?[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]Do you believe in Evolution or in the creation account as recorded in the book of Genesis?[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]Do you believe in the canon the the Scriptures, the Bible, as the Word of God and final authority or not?[/li]
[/list]

Answers to questions as these will determine whether your are a true Christian or a cult group.

Check the link below to see how the devil has succeeded in deceiving mankind as to who Jesus Christ really is.

http://www.worldministries.org/IntNL/Ephesus.pdf

Go and read your original post to which I replied. The issue in question is your false assertion that the Grail Message teaches that Jesus is a man and that Christ is the God essence in him and that this God essence is also present in all human beings. In my reply to your post, I pointed out to either your falsehood or ignorance on this issue. If ignorance is the problem, you would have retracted your misinformation. However since you have refused to retract your information, then it is clear that you are spreading falsehood. When it became clear to you that you have nothing to cling on, then the small letter used for son become an issue. I challenge you to quote even a single word from the Grail Message that supports your false accusation.

Check my postings and you will find my answers to the questions you asked. It does not lie in your power to decide who is a christian. Thus I am indifferent to whatever label you want to attach to me. I can only smile at your easily refutable assertions? Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Are True Christians An Endangered Species Or Something: by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:38pm On Feb 18, 2009
KunleOshob:

Did you say only Apostle John recorded the Word Born again?  Who were the Apostles speaking in the following verses? 1 Peter 1:23; James 1::18; 2 Cor.5:17-21 and Ephesians 5:26

The two Agents of the New birth are;
[list]
[li]The Holy Spirit (John 3:3-5; 1 Cor.6:11) and [/li]
[/list]
[list]

[li]The Word of God (1 Peter 1:23; James 1:18; Eph.5:26; John 15:3 [/li]
[/list]
A true Christian is one who has been born again because of his faith in the Gospel truth which can only be found in the Bible and by the workings of the Holy Spirit.

[list]
[li]Of His own will begat He us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of His creatures. - James 1:18[/li]
[/list]

[list]
[li]Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever. - 1 Peter 1:23[/li]
[/list]
Re: Are True Christians An Endangered Species Or Something: by KunleOshob(m): 11:11am On Feb 19, 2009
@OLAADEGBU
The fact still remains that the concept of being born again is greatly mis-understood by the pentecostal movement tongue

(1) (2) (Reply)

For Trinity Sunday / 2011 - Year Of Divine Turnaround / Afraid That My Children May Turn My House Into Church, I Sold It To Build Mosqu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 171
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.