Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,942 members, 7,952,790 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:58 AM

In Dilemma Over Account Opening In Nigeria. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / In Dilemma Over Account Opening In Nigeria. (373 Views)

Help with my clickbank Account opening / Banks In Dilemma Over Idle $5bn Deposits / Banks In Dilemma Over Idle $5bn Deposits (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

In Dilemma Over Account Opening In Nigeria. by ausdy(m): 8:49pm On May 26, 2015
So... I contacted one of the banks for an account oopening few weeks ago, the lady I spoke with forwarded the form info which I fill scanned and sent to them.
Ever since then the bank is doing everything possible to frustrate my effort. sad
My thiught is..it seems it's impossible to open an account in nigeria from outside nigeria.
And again is there any bankers or anyone who
Have gone through this? I told them I'm willing to provide any document they might need, but for the sake of incompetence they seem not to know how to go about it.
Does any bank really offer this service? And can I please get a help from here on how to go about this?
Any help will be highly appreciated.
Thanx nairalanders.
Re: In Dilemma Over Account Opening In Nigeria. by arbitrage: 2:13am On May 27, 2015
Surely, Know Your Customer (KYC) policy of address verification exercise will hold you as you will not have the recent utility bill to present nor the house address to visit you. But then, I think some banks like GTBank have a kind of account targeted at Nigerians in diaspora or else, ask your family or friend to open for you.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

5000mt Dpk For Sale 76 Less 2 / Promote Your Businesses With Us Today Lets Show You How / Free Video Tutorials On Photo Editing For Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.