Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:58 PM

Establishing An IT Firm In Calabar ( Cross River ) - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Establishing An IT Firm In Calabar ( Cross River ) (1238 Views)

How To Add More Cross Columns To Your Blog / Best Web Design Firm In Portharcourt, Abuja, Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Establishing An IT Firm In Calabar ( Cross River ) by digitite: 6:30am On May 27, 2015
Calabar has been known as a quite, peaceful, neat and serene environment to live.

So, I am thinking of setting up an IT firm in Calabar, Cross River. I would like to know the cost of :

A one bedroom office space with bathroom and perhaps kitchen facilities
State of electricity supply
Awareness of the industry
Pros and cons
And general cost of living.

Please anyone with such tangible information, should kindly relate better cool...
Re: Establishing An IT Firm In Calabar ( Cross River ) by Nobody: 4:50pm On May 30, 2015
digitite, i have similar ambition. I currently reside in Calabar. You can drop your contacts let's talk.
Re: Establishing An IT Firm In Calabar ( Cross River ) by Nobody: 6:55pm On May 30, 2015
digitite:
Calabar has been known as a quite, peaceful, neat and serene environment to live.

So, I am thinking of setting up an IT firm in Calabar, Cross River. I would like to know the cost of :

Pros and cons

Please anyone with such tangible information, should kindly relate better cool...

I'll get back to you with the right information regarding this. Give me some moment.
Re: Establishing An IT Firm In Calabar ( Cross River ) by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jun 01, 2015
digitite:

Pros and cons

Check out this info and you may find it interesting.

1) A one bedroom with restroom and perhaps kitchen will take maximum of 250k and minimum of 170k depending on the area.

2) Calabar cannot boast of constant power supply since it's still part of Nigeria and Nigeria as it's known today hasnt overcome the issue of power. But most times, the supply of electricity in the town can be said to be comparatively fair.

3) When you refer to IT, i want to believe it's not the general issue of teaching people on the use of MicroSoft applications cos such schools are not hard to get by these days unless you want to run your own despite others. But if it's some professional IT courses like AutoCad, GIS etc (i cant mention many), then go ahead cos many people in this town lack where to get such trainings. All you will need do is go around and see to the advertsing of the IT firm by either printing flyers and distribute them at strategic points like eatery houses etc, radio stations also charge comparatively low to air your goods and services.

4) Then the pros and cons i cant really say about. But what i can tell you is that you'll paying tax to government unless you want to play tax evasion of which you can play successfully if you know your game.

5) Cost of living in Calabar is not really hard. As a matter of fact, commodities in Uyo are more costly than Calabar and the town is peaceful especially the municipality area. You can make your movement at anytime without restriction or harassment by anyone.

Will answer any further question. Stay blessed.

1 Like

Re: Establishing An IT Firm In Calabar ( Cross River ) by digitite: 9:54pm On Jun 01, 2015
Godshand:

Check out this info and you may find it interesting.

1) A one bedroom with restroom and perhaps kitchen will take maximum of 250k and minimum of 170k depending on the area.

2) Calabar cannot boast of constant power supply since it's still part of Nigeria and Nigeria as it's known today hasnt overcome the issue of power. But most times, the supply of electricity in the town can be said to be comparatively fair.

3) When you refer to IT, i want to believe it's not the general issue of teaching people on the use of MicroSoft applications cos such schools are not hard to get by these days unless you want to run your own despite others. But if it's some professional IT courses like AutoCad, GIS etc (i cant mention many), then go ahead cos many people in this town lack where to get such trainings. All you will need do is go around and see to the advertsing of the IT firm by either printing flyers and distribute them at strategic points like eatery houses etc, radio stations also charge comparatively low to air your goods and services.

4) Then the pros and cons i cant really say about. But what i can tell you is that you'll paying tax to government unless you want to play tax evasion of which you can play successfully if you know your game.

5) Cost of living in Calabar is not really hard. As a matter of fact, commodities in Uyo are more costly than Calabar and the town is peaceful especially the municipality area. You can make your movement at anytime without restriction or harassment by anyone.

Will answer any further question. Stay blessed.

Thank you for taking your time to respond to this message. May the Lord shine your path. The information laid down is well noted. Meanwhile, as a starter, i want to explore the city before setting up long-term. I am establishing a Cloud Computer and Software Consultancy firm(that comprises a lot of things including web/software development).

Which part of calabar is quite affordable to start from? What is the cost of a self-contain and in fact, I don't mind even a room if that is to be the case...
Re: Establishing An IT Firm In Calabar ( Cross River ) by digitite: 10:20pm On Jun 01, 2015
offspec:
digitite, i have similar ambition. I currently reside in Calabar. You can drop your contacts let's talk.

email: digitite(at)hotmail.com
Re: Establishing An IT Firm In Calabar ( Cross River ) by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jun 01, 2015
digitite:

email: digitite(at)hotmail.com
I'll email you my phone number. You reach me let's talk
Re: Establishing An IT Firm In Calabar ( Cross River ) by digitite: 10:40pm On Jun 01, 2015
offspec:

I'll email you my phone number. You reach me let's talk

okay.
Re: Establishing An IT Firm In Calabar ( Cross River ) by Nobody: 11:29pm On Jun 05, 2015
digitite:

Thank you for taking your time to respond to this message. May the Lord shine your path. The information laid down is well noted. Meanwhile, as a starter, i want to explore the city before setting up long-term. I am establishing a Cloud Computer and Software Consultancy firm(that comprises a lot of things including web/software development).

Which part of calabar is quite affordable to start from? What is the cost of a self-contain and in fact, I don't mind even a room if that is to be the case...

Calabar municipality is like Victoria Island, Ikeja etc (in Lagos), Maitama, Asokoro (in Abuja) while Ojulegba, Ajegunle best describe Calabar south. Calabar south is more of ghetto area and negative security issues pop up every now and then while such cant be said of Municipality area. It all depend on what you want but i would suggest Calabar Municipality as most serious businesses are found in this area. Self-con goes btwn 80k to 180k depending on the area while just single room goes for 60k or less all per year. Sorry for replying late though. Any further questions?
Re: Establishing An IT Firm In Calabar ( Cross River ) by digitite: 11:53pm On Jun 05, 2015
Godshand:

Calabar municipality is like Victoria Island, Ikeja etc (in Lagos), Maitama, Asokoro (in Abuja) while Ojulegba, Ajegunle best describe Calabar south. Calabar south is more of ghetto area and negative security issues pop up every now and then while such cant be said of Municipality area. It all depend on what you want but i would suggest Calabar Municipality as most serious businesses are found in this area. Self-con goes btwn 80k to 180k depending on the area while just single room goes for 60k or less all per year. Sorry for replying late though. Any further questions?

Thank you. I really appreciate and value your input. I would prefer Calabar Municipality. I had prefer a one bedroom office space, I don't mind sleeping in it to stand my firm up.
Re: Establishing An IT Firm In Calabar ( Cross River ) by Nobody: 8:29am On Jun 06, 2015
digitite:

Thank you. I really appreciate and value your input. I would prefer Calabar Municipality. I had prefer a one bedroom office space, I don't mind sleeping in it to stand my firm up.

How soon will you be ready for start? If you need me to help sourcing for the accomodation, i'm all out to help.
Re: Establishing An IT Firm In Calabar ( Cross River ) by digitite: 11:12pm On Jun 10, 2015
Godshand:

How soon will you be ready for start? If you need me to help sourcing for the accomodation, i'm all out to help.

Could you please send your number to digitite(at)hotmail.com, so that we can keep in touch.

(1) (Reply)

Wapka Email Subscriber /newslatter Code / Please Fellow Nairaland How Does Naijaloaded,linda Ikeji Get Lots Of Traffic / Christmas 40% On Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting & Master Reseller Hosting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.