Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,221 members, 7,957,511 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 01:51 PM

What's Your Opinon On These Women Pregnant With Boko Haram Children? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What's Your Opinon On These Women Pregnant With Boko Haram Children? (804 Views)

Why You Should Not Marry These Women: Nurses, Police Women, Lawyers, TV Anchors / I'm 8 Months Pregnant With Hymen Still Intact, Can't Bear To Be Disvirgined / How To Get Pregnant With Twins That Are Girls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's Your Opinon On These Women Pregnant With Boko Haram Children? by Nobody: 10:56am On May 27, 2015
Please your opinion.
i heard it on AIT news this morning how a Catholic priest was advising that these women should not have an abortion as it is a sin before God.
To me, i know its bad to have an abortion, but its also dishearten to give birth to these children. some of these women were molested by multiple men.
what's your opinion?
no insult pls.
Re: What's Your Opinon On These Women Pregnant With Boko Haram Children? by Mariecakes(f): 11:03am On May 27, 2015
It is well oo....honestly, I know it is hard very hard but I dnt support abortion
Re: What's Your Opinon On These Women Pregnant With Boko Haram Children? by amacastel: 11:28am On May 27, 2015
The women are malnourished , traumatized and may not go tru the processes of pregnancy effectively their blood count is low which may likely cause prolong labour, delivery by cs, or possiblly death of the baby or mother. Abortion is most advisable in this case so they can pik up their life again cos taking care of a wanted child is no child play let alone taking kia of unwanted child by a terrorist. terrorist begets terrorist ABORTION is the onlky solution catholic church shld stp meddling in the affairs of usaid and shld keep their faith for their members. This is purely health related issue religion should have less interference

1 Like

Re: What's Your Opinon On These Women Pregnant With Boko Haram Children? by ireneidiva(f): 11:37am On May 27, 2015
amacastel:
The women are malnourished , traumatized and may not go tru the processes of pregnancy effectively their blood count is low which may likely cause prolong labour, delivery by cs, or possiblly death of the baby or mother. Abortion is most advisable in this case so they can pik up their life again cos taking care of a wanted child is no child play let alone taking kia of unwanted child by a terrorist. terrorist begets terrorist ABORTION is the onlky solution catholic church shld stp meddling in the affairs of usaid and shld keep their faith for their members. This is purely health related issue religion should have less interference
They have chances of dying if they bear the baby but no chances of dying if they commit abortion abi? If you know how many people die during abortion, you won't open your mouth to suggest it so easily.

3 Likes

Re: What's Your Opinon On These Women Pregnant With Boko Haram Children? by onegig(m): 4:42pm On May 27, 2015
ireneidiva:

They have chances of dying if they bear the baby but no chances of dying if they commit abortion abi? If you know how many people die during abortion, you won't open your mouth to suggest it so easily.
This is not in support or against abortion but your assertion here is wrong. People die of abortion because it's not legalised and they most times approach quack or unqualified health workers to carry out such operations in deplorable facilities. The risk of dying from abortion if carried out by a certified centre is as minimal as the removal of a traumatic tumor from a patient which is near zero.

@ i guess there's the principle of the lesser evil here and i guess there are precedents. If i can recall correctly abortion was allowed for some muslim women who were raped during a war between some middle eastern ethnicities some years back. The trauma of seeing a remembrance of what gory time they passed through and the pain of going through with the pregnancy is enough to sanction it in my own opinion. But all these has a limit and is open to more discussions by scholars.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Your Opinon On These Women Pregnant With Boko Haram Children? by Nobody: 5:31pm On May 27, 2015
God have mercy. it sounds complex.
Re: What's Your Opinon On These Women Pregnant With Boko Haram Children? by ireneidiva(f): 8:28pm On May 27, 2015
onegig:
This is not in support or against abortion but your assertion here is wrong. People die of abortion because it's not legalised and they most times approach quack or unqualified health workers to carry out such operations in deplorable facilities. The risk of dying from abortion if carried out by a certified centre is as minimal as the removal of a traumatic tumor from a patient which is near zero.

@ i guess there's the principle of the lesser evil here and i guess there are precedents. If i can recall correctly abortion was allowed for some muslim women who were raped during a war between some middle eastern ethnicities some years back. The trauma of seeing a remembrance of what gory time they passed through and the pain of going through with the pregnancy is enough to sanction it in my own opinion. But all these has a limit and is open to more discussions by scholars.
So what happens to the girls who are already say 8 months pregnant?
Re: What's Your Opinon On These Women Pregnant With Boko Haram Children? by raumdeuter: 9:21pm On May 27, 2015
Under 4 months should be aborted, over 5 months deliver and send the children for adoption

No woman should be forced to live with the horrific moments of her life
Re: What's Your Opinon On These Women Pregnant With Boko Haram Children? by Stillfire: 9:31pm On May 27, 2015
This is a big sensitive issue. Nobody should pressure or judge them. The authorities need to brief them or rather counsel them on whatever psychological, health, social etc risks/benefits they may incur by keeping or aborting the child and then the woman can make her decisions after weighing the risks. I don't want to be caught making such decisions for anybody. I would just respect whatever decision she makes.
Re: What's Your Opinon On These Women Pregnant With Boko Haram Children? by onegig(m): 12:00am On May 28, 2015
ireneidiva:

So what happens to the girls who are already say 8 months pregnant?

That's why there is a caveat at the end of that post . It's open to discussion and I guess what is best for the ladies should be done.

If anyone of them is at such stage I.e 7-8 months then life according to Islamic understanding has already been breathed into the foetus.( you should understand the religion gives certain stringent exceptions where abortion maybe permissible and my response is mostly hinged on those exceptions).

Also based health science we can all agree that the pregnancy is at an advanced stage by then and It would be advisable to allow such lady give birth and leave the kid up for adoption or whatever is suitable if the mother can't cope with the trauma of such event.

I believe the health team handling the cases would evaluate things on a case by case method and do what's best for the women in each scenario. No one should be judged by whatever decision they choose to make. The mother is the harbinger of life of a new born and her health both physically and mentally should always be held paramount in cases like this.

This is more reason we shouldn't have allowed the beasts in human skin called boko haram or whatever fester or spread in the first place. We wouldn't have found ourselves considering such repulsive discussions now if the people in position had taken the right steps at the right time to nip it in the bud.
Re: What's Your Opinon On These Women Pregnant With Boko Haram Children? by cococandy(f): 12:13am On May 28, 2015
Since abortion (unless it is done to save the life of the pregnant woman) is illegal in Nigeria, how can those of them who want to have abortions legally do it?
Will an exception be made for them?
It's high time they reviewed such laws.

That said, I feel very bad for them and wouldn't wish such on my enemy.

nobody should feel like they are in a position to dictate to these women how to handle this horrifying ordeal or judge them for whatever decision they take about it.
Re: What's Your Opinon On These Women Pregnant With Boko Haram Children? by Nobody: 4:22am On May 28, 2015
Those. Children would be scarred for life, they won't get no love from their mamas cos most of them were conceived through rape..
I saw a thread about a woman hacking her son to death on children's day.
Whatever these women choose to do with the pregnancy,i support.
To avoid touching stories

(1) (Reply)

This Programme Will Bring Change! / How Sex Can Improve Your Marital Happiness / 45 Ultimate Tips For Men. Number 40 Will Help You Go Far In Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.