Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,191 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:10 AM

The Convict, The Broken And The Storyteller Episode 7 - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Convict, The Broken And The Storyteller Episode 7 (436 Views)

The Convict, The Broken And The Storyteller Episode 8 / The Convict, The Broken And The Storyteller Episode 2 (intro Continued) / The Broken Oath - A Short Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Convict, The Broken And The Storyteller Episode 7 by barcaboi(m): 10:17pm On May 27, 2015
Storyteller (CBS) episode 7……the attack
Ghost looked down at his obviously frightened target with eyes blazing.
‘Collateral damage’, Ghost said with a shrug, laughing devilishly. Rahman felt tears dropping and found himself asking ‘why’. He prayed silently for a miracle for both his life and that of Tolu, whose pulse was faint by now.
‘Just one question before you go join your friend,’ the menace asked with a smirk on his face, ‘who is your source’.
‘You’ve got the wrong person’, Rahman said finding his voice; obviously at the point of breaking down. I just need to stall him till someone comes to our rescue, he reasoned.
‘Your book was too accurate about Don’, Ghost said touching his gun to his head, ‘no waste my time. Give me a name’.
Rahman was speechless. He wondered what the maniac wanted. Who is Don?, he wanted to scream but just held on to his friend.
Ghost made a call and kept his eyes on his target.
‘He doesn’t want to talk’, he said into his phone and just nodded as he listened. The street was deserted. Nobody wants to die, Rahman mused as he realised no miracle was coming. He said his last prayers.
‘All you need to do is give me a name’, Ghost said frustrated about Rahman’s perceived stubbornness, ‘give me a link to your source for ‘The drug mogul”.
‘Is this about a book?’, a rush of rage rushed through Rahman’s veins as he found his voice, ‘that was purely offhand’.
‘Shut your mouth’, Ghost barked and launched a kick at Rahman that sent the author sprawling, ‘see this mumu’.
Ghost wondered why Don did not order for his immediate demise. He was losing patience fast.
‘Who is your source?’, Ghost said aiming his gun at Rahman’s head; ready to pull the trigger.
Rahman closed his eyes and, for the umpteenth time, said his prayers.
Suddenly he heard a commotion; like someone hitting someone and a shot went off. He opened his eyes and saw someone on the floor and another man standing over him. He felt a pain in his chest and touched it with his fingers. He was shocked to feel a bullet wound and looked at it to confirm his fear. He could feel darkness coming over him and was unconscious before long.
Tobi watched as the author slumped and rushed to check him. ‘Abeg no die o’, he pleaded. He blamed himself for not interfering earlier. He was glad when he realised Rahman just fainted, though he was losing blood fast. He looked at the other two men on the floor.
He had watched as Ghost shot the other man and had watched the exchange from his hide out; undecided on whether to interfere or not. His instinct told him to. Your life depends on this, his mind told him. He wondered why his instinct did not come to his rescue when he was unceremoniously jailed. He had knocked Ghost senseless with a plank but the gun went off all the same. He carried Rahman and left the scene. Police go soon come, he reasoned. The lawyer barely looked alive so he left him to his fate. Sirens sounded faintly in the darkness so he passed a route he knew so well blending into the bush closeby. God please don’t let me go to jail for being kind again, he prayed silently. He saw an opening and decided to use it.
A car parked close to where he stood with the author. He hid from the headlamp and watched as the driver went to get something. He made his move; half dragging, half carrying Rahman. This guy too heavy sef, he groaned. He let his wounded new friend into the car; happy to find it open. He prayed he was not in a policeman’s car. I no wan go prison, he whispered.
Oge checked the water melon he wanted to get for his mother. He thought he heard his car door open and looked back to check but nothing was out of place so he paid for his items and went back to his car.
Unconsciously, he realised he was in Ella’s area. He thought of checking on her but changed his mind. She has better things to do, he sighed. He was about accelerating when he heard something behind him. A man groaned in pain. He slammed on his brake. He looked behind him and saw two haggard looking men. To make matters worse, one was bleeding like it was running out of fashion. His heart stopped momentarily.
www.realyans./2014/10/01/the-convict-the-broken-and-the-storyteller-links-to-the-part/

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Writers And Online Media- Ebooks / Did You Know / Brakes And Fakes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.