Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:42 AM

How Engineering Students Prepare For Exams (pic) - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Engineering Students Prepare For Exams (pic) (59018 Views)

University Of Maiduguri Students Preparing For Exams (Photo) / Student With Small-Stout While Reading For Exams (photo) / 1.4m Students Prepare As JAMB Announces UTME Dates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Engineering Students Prepare For Exams (pic) by Nobody: 10:55pm On May 28, 2015
Teempakguy:
head
I promise myself,the day when I perform Laplace transform,I go hold party.The thing is hard. cool
lol.I got lost too oo while taking systems and control
Re: How Engineering Students Prepare For Exams (pic) by Nobody: 10:58pm On May 28, 2015
Teempakguy:
head overheating ke?
Lol. I don promise myself, the day when I perform Laplace transform, I go hold party.The thing is hard.Respect cool
What year are you.
Re: How Engineering Students Prepare For Exams (pic) by idithlove(f): 11:01pm On May 28, 2015
Ok...over to the Engrs.
Re: How Engineering Students Prepare For Exams (pic) by Chuukwudi(m): 11:01pm On May 28, 2015
shocked
youngice:

just be very careful of mbaocha
mr D.O.R

Oh my Jingles!
Who art thou?
Re: How Engineering Students Prepare For Exams (pic) by nairalady(f): 11:06pm On May 28, 2015
lol

Reliable and affordable Inventory & POS management software - www.jstockinventory.com
Re: How Engineering Students Prepare For Exams (pic) by Nobody: 11:17pm On May 28, 2015
I don't play with the 1st month of lectures. That is when an A student grasps the concept and theory and can now run off to wherever he likes.

As an engineer, you must be able to grasp complex calculations and be able to solve problems around you. As for my studying pattern, i study like a mad man in courses involving theory and calculations. But once it is purely a design/calculation course, i take it nice and easy. Sleep all through the night, wake up in the morning and sleep again, revise for an hour and enter the hall.
Don't be decieved, i understand the fundamentals; studied all through the semester and have practiced them, what's left? My A

to all the potential engineers, make sure you have a brain for calculation and the ability to grasp complex formular if you really want to be graduate with a wonderful result. Engineering is easy, understand the principles and you are game.

Re: How Engineering Students Prepare For Exams (pic) by Nobody: 11:30pm On May 28, 2015
EbolaParasite:

Funny enough laplace transforms are actually easy. The problem is that once you miss it or develop hatred for the principles from the beginning, then it becomes difficult to catch up. Those people that you see in class that breeze through those problems are not geniuses. They simply understand the concept. Trust me, laplace is as easy as algebraic sums if you understand the concept.
my bad! Some how, i just knew that futoites would dominate this topic.
Make i talk true, eng 307 was the most challenging course in futo. Together with a friend, i read all night at CCE and (shhh, don't shout) entered the hall directly from there, no bathing. Lol, i always laugh when i remember it. I crammed the fourier series and immediately i saw the question, i started pouring. O my gawd
Re: How Engineering Students Prepare For Exams (pic) by alleazardous(m): 11:39pm On May 28, 2015
stevolinkon40:
No

They prepare and strategize how to successfully use exxpo for 8hours and read for 30mins
Re: How Engineering Students Prepare For Exams (pic) by Capableben(m): 11:45pm On May 28, 2015
Chuukwudi:

That's not true. The thing is that we always have hectic courses, sometimes two in one course. The worst part is that they will just attach two Units to it. We offer about 10 courses per semester of which 6 or more have practicals. We read, we really study, just to get a brief overview of the course and carry along with the lecturer but when exam mode is activated, our brains become sharp like a razor blade, we cover a whole course in a night before the exam, this is what we can't do ordinarily. But exam mode is real. It is great.,..,
I hail all Engineering students of FUTO.
I rep EEE

*Modified *
To drive my point further, Below is what AfricanGod2 has said ;

Please, help me. I want to switch to Futo from my school. How do I go about it?

Re: How Engineering Students Prepare For Exams (pic) by solreb: 11:45pm On May 28, 2015
Definitely not for engineering students. This is more apt for social sciences or humanities students
Re: How Engineering Students Prepare For Exams (pic) by Capableben(m): 11:46pm On May 28, 2015
[quote author=Chuukwudi post=34171584]

That's not true. The thing is that we always have hectic courses, sometimes two in one course. The worst part is that they will just attach two Units to it. We offer about 10 courses per semester of which 6 or more have practicals. We read, we really study, just to get a brief overview of the course and carry along with the lecturer but when exam mode is activated, our brains become sharp like a razor blade, we cover a whole course in a night before the exam, this is what we can't do ordinarily. But exam mode is real. It is great.,..,
I rep EEE

*Modified *

[/Please help me abeg, i wanna switch to futo from school. How do i do it?quote]
Re: How Engineering Students Prepare For Exams (pic) by Nobody: 11:53pm On May 28, 2015
EbolaParasite:

Again, speak for yourself. There are average students that find it easy. If you find it hard, it doesn't mean everyone else does.
Re: How Engineering Students Prepare For Exams (pic) by Nobody: 11:54pm On May 28, 2015
EbolaParasite:

Again, speak for yourself. There are average students that find it easy. If you find it hard, it doesn't mean everyone else does.
and yet again I reiterate they are in the minority. You have to work hard to graduate with an engineering degree
Re: How Engineering Students Prepare For Exams (pic) by holajeedayy: 12:06am On May 29, 2015
op u no b engineering student cz u too dull
Re: How Engineering Students Prepare For Exams (pic) by tempem: 12:08am On May 29, 2015
tundeotunba:
U meant lazy students nt Engineering students!
otunba. Omo mi ni de oya. Thanxs for today.

1 Like

Re: How Engineering Students Prepare For Exams (pic) by holajeedayy: 12:09am On May 29, 2015
hey you see in uniben i grad we read with out season few to xam real engine bois revise not read o boi
Re: How Engineering Students Prepare For Exams (pic) by holajeedayy: 12:12am On May 29, 2015
i say again op na guiding and counselling student
Re: How Engineering Students Prepare For Exams (pic) by qozyme24(m): 12:14am On May 29, 2015
Who told u its only engineering student's that read like that, may be you should stroll to FUTA and see the way guys are reading like hell is about to loose...I rep FUTA 2 D FULLEST TEAM MARINE
Re: How Engineering Students Prepare For Exams (pic) by ernecity(m): 12:24am On May 29, 2015
Hmmmm d@z NT tru @ all...I dnt knw Fr oda skulz bt in mouau wer I come frmz,frm de day we resume til d day we write our last paper u will find engineering students reading as if there is no tomorrow..flexing is NT even in d picture..NT wen u remember d plots of land dey will give u in d examination hall....as in sitting in a zigzag formation...anyday anytym engineering rocks.......I rep elect/elect..peace
Re: How Engineering Students Prepare For Exams (pic) by maybrowne(m): 12:43am On May 29, 2015
Whoever started this thread clearly doesnt know a thing about ebgineering students. Well it might be easy for university studenst (they do get lots of free time) but for a ploytechnic student as i finished from a polytechnic, you will need to be on your toes everytime. Engineering is not where you read a part f the theory and hope to get through, here you need to understand the basics to the CORE
Re: How Engineering Students Prepare For Exams (pic) by gbodimowo(m): 12:47am On May 29, 2015
Chuukwudi:

I rep EEE

*Modified *

badoo
Re: How Engineering Students Prepare For Exams (pic) by danose99(m): 1:15am On May 29, 2015
Aktor365:
that isn't us. This is who we re below.
oil dey ur head
Re: How Engineering Students Prepare For Exams (pic) by Nobody: 3:27am On May 29, 2015
We engineers don't read like that,,,, I read from the beginning of the semester to the ending of the semester... Why do u think that in unilag,overall best student in the whole of unilag is from engineering. We are not lazy,we are just too good and far more better than other departments.
Re: How Engineering Students Prepare For Exams (pic) by dounleedee: 4:26am On May 29, 2015
Most of you didn't get the gist.
The idea is that engineers calculate chronically
using dictates of the circumstance to determine
response to any given situation.

1 Like

Re: How Engineering Students Prepare For Exams (pic) by Chuukwudi(m): 5:15am On May 29, 2015
Capableben:

You mean via direct entry?
Re: How Engineering Students Prepare For Exams (pic) by Tobechuckwu(m): 6:18am On May 29, 2015
Understanding oneself is d key!Reading for hours doesn't determine ur result,but u just got to know ur peak period of d day nd enjoy ur readin in dat moment.Few days to examz is when one actually feels super nd reads for hours,eve of examz is best for Engr students,meeting guys in library,doing 10pm-5am,hmmm superb!
Re: How Engineering Students Prepare For Exams (pic) by sweetgala(m): 6:19am On May 29, 2015
Engineers study to know and understand not to cram, Engineering is very tasking and the most difficult course I can think of especially mechanical.

You will never be able to cram it all in, but if you learn to understand the principles , you just need to study some other details and you can apply the principles in any situation by just thinking. That's how I've studied through my 5 years honours programme.

A classmate's medical doctor recently gave him an exemption letter for stress during exams , he added when he was in college he was living with some engineering students , and he was amazed at how difficult and constantly busy their course was. Your average engineering report is so detailed and involved so much work that to put together 9 qualities pages could require weeks of work.
Re: How Engineering Students Prepare For Exams (pic) by castro316: 6:30am On May 29, 2015
sweetfreshboy:
Are u a Batch A Stream 2 Corp member planning to leave for Camp in a grand style without the hassle of hoping from bus to bus and amidst highly interesting and accomodating co-corp members?

How about if I pay on the bus terminal?
Re: How Engineering Students Prepare For Exams (pic) by Nobody: 6:33am On May 29, 2015
Chuukwudi:

With permission from you, I'm going to paste this on the first page for people to understand me clearer. Thanks.

It's no problem.
Re: How Engineering Students Prepare For Exams (pic) by castro316: 6:33am On May 29, 2015
Solve this

(mu)^2 %do engineering students!
Re: How Engineering Students Prepare For Exams (pic) by Abhay031: 6:36am On May 29, 2015
Lol.. Nice 1

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Check Out My Sister's Waec Result / 2017/2018 Agip Oil And Gas Local And International Postgraduate Scholarship / Edo Schoolgirls In Trouble After Matching With 'Dorime' (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.