Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:14 AM

Please Help, My Wife Wants To Leave Me - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please Help, My Wife Wants To Leave Me (22341 Views)

My Wife Wants To Buy The Following For The Baby / My Wife Is Threatening To Leave If I Can't Find Job / My True-Love Is Planning To Leave Me: Please Advise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Help, My Wife Wants To Leave Me by Pain(m): 4:17pm On Oct 02, 2006
Radiant:

pain, why don't u go sort out your distressed n painful life?

That was mean. I was only trying to be helpful.

Besides, I mite be a lone ranger but I aint distressed.
Re: Please Help, My Wife Wants To Leave Me by Radiant(f): 4:24pm On Oct 02, 2006
helpful by advising that? you kiddin me right?

Sorry if I was mean wink
Re: Please Help, My Wife Wants To Leave Me by Bolarge55: 10:03pm On Oct 02, 2006
UPDATE (FINAL):

Good news guys, my wife moved back home. We went for counseling and it opened my eyes to a lot of things. I’m ashamed to say that this is the first time I’ve actually really listened to her. She was really hurting and talked about a lot of things. I just sat and listened, without trying to argue or interrupt – thanks to the things that I’ve learned so far from the books I had been reading. Whao, what can I say?? I guess I’ve been a really terrible husband. I was raised in a polygamous family and always thought some things were just normal, and eventhough I had become a Christian years ago, I still had the same mindset. On the other hand, my wife who was raised in a monogamous family and is a well grounded Christian couldn’t stand a lot of the things that I did. She would speak up, I would argue and shout her down, and the issue would be swept under the carpet. Oftentimes I would resort to lying and gimmicks just to avoid trouble – unfortunately I didn’t know that she noticed all of those. It didn’t even occur to me once that all of these things had affected her over the years. I must admit I’ve been really selfish. She told the counselor that she was much happier as a spinster, and that really really hurt my pride. Anyway, I’ve resolved to become a better husband and have enrolled the both of us in 2 programs targeted towards couples who want to improve their marriage and make it the best it can possibly be. We attended one this Saturday and it was very enlightening for me. We will be attending every month for the foreseeable future.

Also, like some of you advised, I’ve given her access to all of my email, IM, phone records etc, and have cut off all the close feminine ties – none of them is on my IM list or phone contacts anymore. I know all of this is just a start, and I still have to work hard to rebuild the trust – I guess that’ll take some time. Right now, I’m just happy to have her back and hold her in my arms again. With time I guess I’ll begin to see the sparkle in her eyes once again, and hear the sweet sound of her laughter and of course, see the wedding ring back on her finger (she’s still not wearing it, but then that’s probably the least of my problems right now – I’ve decided not to push it, just let her be as long as she’s mine).

Thanks to all you nairalanders that helped. In case any of you is interested, may I recommend these two books to you: “Complete Husband” by Lou Priolo and “One Flesh” by Bob Yandian. There is also a series of dvds titled “love and respect” by Emerson Eggrichs. They contain very interesting insights on the responsibilities of the man as the head of the home. This is my very first time of reading books and watching dvds relating to the subject of marriage and relationships – I’ve always thought that stuff was fluffy and for the ladies (no insults intended). But boy! Was I wrong!! Peace everyone!
Re: Please Help, My Wife Wants To Leave Me by Bhola(f): 10:22pm On Oct 02, 2006
I am absolutely happy for you.
Re: Please Help, My Wife Wants To Leave Me by donjazzie(m): 10:26pm On Oct 02, 2006
i was jst tryin to say sumtin on why u nor give us situation report abt ur predicament b4 ur post came in Good for you sha if u like make u nor behave aft\er now make u go still dey error,if u jst Bleep up again she go wave.thanks to all the nairalanders wey contribute to this guy solutions.una too much
Re: Please Help, My Wife Wants To Leave Me by Radiant(f): 10:47pm On Oct 02, 2006
awwwwwwwwwwwww Bolarge, I'm so so happy for you. Your situation was really hurting me but Thank God for understanding and peace between you too. May God bless your wife for her change of mind. So happy men kiss kiss kiss
Nairaland, I hail una. This is a good testimony! cool
Re: Please Help, My Wife Wants To Leave Me by BigSis(f): 11:21pm On Oct 02, 2006
Compatibility is very important and coming having a similar upbringing.
Re: Please Help, My Wife Wants To Leave Me by windywendy(f): 11:56pm On Oct 02, 2006
awwww, all's well that ends well. Remember to stay faithful. Enjoy the rest of your married life smiley smiley
Re: Please Help, My Wife Wants To Leave Me by izoneb(f): 1:35am On Oct 03, 2006
I knew counseling would work.Thank God.Divorce is not a good thing!
Re: Please Help, My Wife Wants To Leave Me by kokoletz(m): 11:07am On Oct 03, 2006
Dude I wuld say u are d achitect of ur problem bt d basic truth is dt we are all human, no body I mean absolutely no body is above MISTAKE. I will also like you to know that she had forgiven u on several occassion which shows how much she loved u because love is something dt makes u compromise ur standard but u pushed her to d wall making her to fight back. It's very simply I believe she has family wit which you can plead wit to come to ur aid telling them wat u've done and making them to see beyond all reasonable doubt that u have learn from ur mistakes and u'll never go back to them. Also go to her physically plead with her to 4give u because of d child u both have and also promise her wit dt u'll never make the same mistake again, send her flowers, gift, text messages as a sign of repentance I believe dt wit all these she will 4give u. Good luck.
Re: Please Help, My Wife Wants To Leave Me by izoneb(f): 3:45pm On Oct 03, 2006
Koko they settled already its on same page with your comment!They gat counseled in church!
Re: Please Help, My Wife Wants To Leave Me by Radiant(f): 5:41pm On Oct 03, 2006
koko, dat matter has be done and dusted wink
Re: Please Help, My Wife Wants To Leave Me by Beautygyal(f): 6:00pm On Oct 03, 2006
@bolarge i'am really proud dat u and ur wife are happy couples now. I no i wasn't 1 of the people that really helped, but just wanna say that iam really sorry for wateva i said. Tha really taught me a lesson to watch my mouth, but i jus thought i should say sorry. May God bless u and ur households PC.
Re: Please Help, My Wife Wants To Leave Me by kokoletz(m): 7:19am On Oct 04, 2006
Guys I was unable to c d whole page, am happy for u man it's not easy to lose such a woman. Praise he da lord someboooody. Haleluyah
Re: Please Help, My Wife Wants To Leave Me by donjazzie(m): 8:59pm On Oct 04, 2006
ehya u don turn highly spiritual.praise the lord somebody
Re: Please Help, My Wife Wants To Leave Me by lauryn(f): 12:38am On Oct 13, 2006
interesting
Re: Please Help, My Wife Wants To Leave Me by Sista(f): 10:57pm On Oct 22, 2006
@Bolarge55

I am so happy to hear of your update.

It is good that you opened your mind to your wrong doings against your wife and saw your self as being in your wifes shoes. Once you were able to do that, birth was given to you and your wife expereincing for the first time, what it means to be as one.

Take care and stay on the right path. You have a very good woman, when you first posted, I knew she was not going to leave you. She has always understood you, now it is time for you to show her that you understand her and move on in life.

Peace

Sincerely Sista
Re: Please Help, My Wife Wants To Leave Me by prettysly(f): 3:54pm On Oct 31, 2006
you men are all the same, trying to be right at all times .what a shame!!!!!!!!. what is it that you are going to do to your wife to prove your innocence.nothng
you messed up
even if she accepts you that trust will never be there again.
Advice: just repent
Re: Please Help, My Wife Wants To Leave Me by Radiant(f): 6:31pm On Oct 31, 2006
*yawns*
Re: Please Help, My Wife Wants To Leave Me by Uche2nna(m): 11:34pm On Oct 31, 2006
@Radiant if u have nothiong to say y dont u log ofgf tongue tongue grin grin
Re: Please Help, My Wife Wants To Leave Me by izoneb(f): 12:41am On Nov 01, 2006
lol!
e reach to yawn she don tire!
Re: Please Help, My Wife Wants To Leave Me by Beautygyal(f): 1:12am On Nov 02, 2006
@ prettysly the man is back wid his wife all is well now try readin b4 u rite!!!!!
ah ah cheesy
Re: Please Help, My Wife Wants To Leave Me by Radiant(f): 11:33pm On Nov 03, 2006
Izoneb, how u doing?  smiley

Beautygal, that's why I yawned o  grin

Uche, leave me alone o. . . .I no b Lauryn  grin
Re: Please Help, My Wife Wants To Leave Me by Uche2nna(m): 11:38pm On Nov 03, 2006
You r damn rite u are not! grin grin grin grin
How is it going girl cheesy
Re: Please Help, My Wife Wants To Leave Me by Radiant(f): 11:46pm On Nov 03, 2006
I'm aight sweetie  grin grin grin

Hope u iz good too? wink
Re: Please Help, My Wife Wants To Leave Me by Uche2nna(m): 11:48pm On Nov 03, 2006
So u wan break a happy home abi! God no go gree grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Please Help, My Wife Wants To Leave Me by Uche2nna(m): 11:49pm On Nov 03, 2006
Yeah.I am doing good cheesy
Re: Please Help, My Wife Wants To Leave Me by Radiant(f): 12:01am On Nov 04, 2006
Uche2nna:

So u wan break a happy home abi! God no go gree grin grin grin grin grin
Na so u deh quick fall? angry angry angry

My hand no deh o grin grin grin
Re: Please Help, My Wife Wants To Leave Me by Uche2nna(m): 12:02am On Nov 04, 2006
Just warning you grin grin
Re: Please Help, My Wife Wants To Leave Me by Radiant(f): 12:19am On Nov 04, 2006
Ok grin
Re: Please Help, My Wife Wants To Leave Me by Akinagirl(f): 5:56am On Jan 24, 2007
dispicable, very dispicable, i cannot believe you let another woman say horrible things about ur wife, she deserves better! angry
Re: Please Help, My Wife Wants To Leave Me by Radiant(f): 6:29pm On Jan 24, 2007
Akina, grab your own husband tight. Bola is fine!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Single Nigerian Ladies In Diaspora, Any Reason Why You Turn Down Our Guys? / Minor Acts That Cause Damage In Marriages. / Why Do Women Generally Want More Kids?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.