Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,936 members, 7,956,518 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 01:15 PM

The Holy Spirit's True Identity - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Holy Spirit's True Identity (460 Views)

These 2 Nigerian Pastors Don’t Have The Holy Spirit In Them / The Holy Spirit Is Evil Spirit: Bible Evidence / Todd White - Interview - How Can We Find Our True Identity? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Holy Spirit's True Identity by yommyuk: 7:13am On May 28, 2015
God’s Spirit possesses three defining characteristics of person-hood: intelligence, will, and emotion. Let me prove these points by guiding you to some New Testament verses. First Corinthians 2:10-11 explains that the Spirit knows God’s thoughts and illuminates the truth for us. Later in the same book, He is identified as the One who determines the spiritual gift(s) of each believer (1 Corinthians 12:7-11). Finally, the Holy Spirit’s feelings are revealed in verses like Romans 15:30, which tells of His love, and Ephesians 4:30, which warns against grieving Him.

Consider also that Jesus spoke of a Helper who would come after Him (John 14:16, 14:26). Aiding and assuring others are the acts of a person, as is teaching—these are some of the Holy Spirit’s primary tasks.

Perhaps you misunderstand the Spirit of God as I once did. He isn’t an “it” any more than God the Father or Jesus Christ is. The Spirit is a member of the Trinity, and if you’re a believer, He is with you now. God has given you His Spirit as a special Helper—one who sticks closer than a brother or friend (Proverbs 18:24).
He is there for you whenever you need him.

John 14:26
But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you.

Romans 8:26
Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words.

John 14:15-17
“If you love me, you will keep my commandments. And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper, to be with you forever, even the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees him nor knows him. You know him, for he dwells with you and will be in you.

IT IS WELL GOD BLESS wink

(1) (Reply)

Tony Campolo Comes Out Of Closet In Support Of Full Acceptance Of Homosexuality / Hell Is Not A Respecter Of Person / Who Among These Three Is A Sinner?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.