Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,153 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:35 AM

Helping The Thinkers Believe, And Helping The Believers Think. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Helping The Thinkers Believe, And Helping The Believers Think. (4362 Views)

Why You Need To Fight The Believers. / Universal Atonement.did Jesus Died For All Men Or Only For The Believers? / Question For Believers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Helping The Thinkers Believe, And Helping The Believers Think. by An2elect2(f): 11:24pm On May 28, 2015
johnydon22:

Uuuuuhm have actually being reading the funny arguments, emotionally ladened and funny analogies tho but... Please i have only one question and i will go to bed.. feeling sleepy alreadysmiley

[size=20] Is it morally right to kill a bride found not to be a virgin? [/size]

It is not spiritually or morally right. My ans with conscience. Good night.
Re: Helping The Thinkers Believe, And Helping The Believers Think. by An2elect2(f): 11:26pm On May 28, 2015
johnydon22:

Uuuhm i think i have a second question too... Which moral law are you talking about?

Silly question. Please go and crash cool
Re: Helping The Thinkers Believe, And Helping The Believers Think. by johnydon22(m): 11:28pm On May 28, 2015
An2elect2:

Ok then good... How come Yahweh (God) your supposed moral giver, gave that law "brides should be killed if found not to be virgin" how come you don't think its moral when your supposed moral giver gave it?? smiley

2 Likes

Re: Helping The Thinkers Believe, And Helping The Believers Think. by johnydon22(m): 11:29pm On May 28, 2015
An2elect2:

Silly question. Please go and crash cool
Sounds like you don't even know which moral law you are talking about...wink common lets talk more sweety

1 Like

Re: Helping The Thinkers Believe, And Helping The Believers Think. by Anas09: 1:10am On May 29, 2015
My view. Its pointless discussing these issues with Atheist, because no more matter how glaring the truth is, they willingly close their eyes to it.
Its even worst when u quote from the scriptures. Never-the-less I will.
The Bible in Romans 1:19-22
Because that which may be known of God is clearly seen in them, for God had shown it unto them. 20m for the invisible things of him from creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse. 21. Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, niether were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish hearts was darkened.22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.
Reading through your thoughts, I wonder how, a human being will tell me that, moral laws which defines good and evil doesn't come from a law giver. So where and how did man came up with the concept of right and wrong?
Try as you may to refute the existence of a higher and a supreme being which everything revolves around. You will endup being foolish.
Am not a scientist and I can say very little in that field. But Most of the time, I sit and ponder. How does Bones form in a baby in the womb, starting with a blood clot. Am yet to listen to a scientist analyse sleep. No matter how great and powerful (strength wise) a man is, when asleep. A 5yr old can just end ur life. What about death? My brothers in humanity explain the concept of death to me. Why hasn't science come up with an antidote for death yet? Why can't we stop the process of aging, why can't science tell us what to do to stay alive and young as long as we live?
The Spirit expressly says, in latter days many shall depart from the truth, giving heed to lies and doctrines of the devil. they shall become lovers of themselves and haters of God.
A carnal man can not receive the things of the spirit; for they are foolishness unto him, that's because they are spiritually dis cerned.
This is my stand and makes a lot of sense to me. Man is created by God. Irrespective of our race, creed and preferences. In man God placed a conscience, an inherent trait that enables us know the right or the wrong thing. That is Conscience, the Spiritual-link to and with God. The Bible says, the Spirit of a man is a candle of the Lord, through it He searches the inward parts of a man. The Holy spirit at redemption awakens the Conscienc (spirit) in a man. No man is capable of placing Conscience in him/her. Because man naturally tiels towards badness. Any good or upright person fights to stay upright. Conscince convicts us when we do wrong. But no one fights to do evil because there's a nature of evil in man already.
Shalom.
Re: Helping The Thinkers Believe, And Helping The Believers Think. by Nobody: 5:05am On May 29, 2015
An2elect2:
What makes a sensible argument? copying and pasting your slave masters' works? or regurgitating what they have said?
And this is coming from a Christian...

1 Like

Re: Helping The Thinkers Believe, And Helping The Believers Think. by Nobody: 5:17am On May 29, 2015
Anas09:
My view. Its pointless discussing these issues with Atheist, because no more matter how glaring the truth is, they willingly close their eyes to it.
Because that which may be known of God is clearly seen in them, for God had shown it unto them. 20m for the invisible things of him from creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse. 21. Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, niether were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish hearts was darkened.22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

I thought John's response was straight forward and covered everything. I would have expected you to (try to) refute what he said rather than give up in the old fashioned way of quoting unrelated scripture.

Reading through your thoughts, I wonder how, a human being will tell me that, moral laws which defines good and evil doesn't come from a law giver. So where and how did man came up with the concept of right and wrong?
Try as you may to refute the existence of a higher and a supreme being which everything revolves around. You will endup being foolish.

'The selfish gene' is a very easy concept to understand. Utilitarianism and empathy are equally related; you can look them up whenever you actually get interested in your own OP.

Am not a scientist and I can say very little in that field. But Most of the time, I sit and ponder. How does Bones form in a baby in the womb, starting with a blood clot. Am yet to listen to a scientist analyse sleep. No matter how great and powerful (strength wise) a man is, when asleep. A 5yr old can just end ur life. What about death? My brothers in humanity explain the concept of death to me. Why hasn't science come up with an antidote for death yet? Why can't we stop the process of aging, why can't science tell us what to do to stay alive and young as long as we live? The Spirit expressly says, in latter days many shall depart from the truth, giving heed to lies and doctrines of the devil. they shall become lovers of themselves and haters of God.
A carnal man can not receive the things of the spirit; for they are foolishness unto him, that's because they are spiritually dis cerned.
This is my stand and makes a lot of sense to me. Man is created by God. Irrespective of our race, creed and preferences. In man God placed a conscience, an inherent trait that enables us know the right or the wrong thing. That is Conscience, the Spiritual-link to and with God. The Bible says, the Spirit of a man is a candle of the Lord, through it He searches the inward parts of a man. The Holy spirit at redemption awakens the Conscienc (spirit) in a man. No man is capable of placing Conscience in him/her. Because man naturally tiels towards badness. Any good or upright person fights to stay upright. Conscince convicts us when we do wrong. But no one fights to do evil because there's a nature of evil in man already.
Shalom.

I have never seen someone derail his own thread in such fashion.

2 Likes

Re: Helping The Thinkers Believe, And Helping The Believers Think. by johnydon22(m): 7:20am On May 29, 2015
Anas09:
With all this, you did not even make a single point, just the usual rambling as expected.

Anas09:

Maybe you couldn't understand the simple english. Pay attention to this... "Good and evil are concepts because they are names representing actions or events that are favourable or unfavourable to human well being" i think it was clear. . . . Now tell me exactly which Moral Law you are talking about exactly?

Anas09:

Try as you may to refute the existence of a higher and a supreme being which everything revolves around.
Actually nobody is trying to refute it, its up to you as the one who claim there is to prove it first. it remains a claim and your lack of proof in it is self refuting, and just like you other people think they have the supreme being too seeing that they have their own concepts too

Anas09:

You will endup being foolish.
Am not a scientist and I can say very little in that field. But Most of the time, I sit and ponder. How does Bones form in a baby in the womb, starting with a blood clot.
wonder no more https://www.boundless.com/physiology/textbooks/boundless-anatomy-and-physiology-textbook/skeletal-tissue-6/bone-formation-72/embryonic-and-fetal-bone-formation-439-9195/
Anas09:

Am yet to listen to a scientist analyse sleep. No matter how great and powerful (strength wise) a man is, when asleep. A 5yr old can just end ur life.
Its not so surprising that you have never read about sleep..
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep
Anas09:

What about death? My brothers in humanity explain the concept of death to me.
Characteristics of living organisms....Count it out if you know it... smiley... Something that is not alive doesn't die...so life and death negates each other and is dependent on each other for meaning.

Anas09:

Why hasn't science come up with an antidote for death yet?
Same reason why you haven't eaten the tree of life in the garden of eden and live forever...cool
Anas09:

Why can't we stop the process of aging,
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ageing. . . .Actually aging reversing formulas are out there and many celebrities use it. . . Michael jackson for example was younger than you at 50.
Anas09:

why can't science tell us what to do to stay alive and young as long as we live?
I am telling you now; Go and eat the tree of life in the garden of Eden according to d jewish mythology u believe or the golden apple of the gods in greek mythology. . both can make you live forever
Anas09:

The Spirit expressly says, in latter days many shall depart from the truth, giving heed to lies and doctrines of the devil. they shall become lovers of themselves and haters of God.
Shalom.
#Sighs. . .This is the part i just say. .

there is nothing like evil nature in man. . i don't know what exactly they teach you guys just to convince u that you are not worthy, that your very existence is a sin, that you are worthless just to sell you the crap that you are broken and needs saving. . . If human nature is evil, and according to u ur god created humans then isn't right to say ur god created humans to be evil? how can he an allegedly good perfect being bore out evil?
why then does he expect good from humans when he gave them an evil nature?

Their is nothing like evil or good nature. . .Man is born neutral. nobody is born good or evil, it is the choices we make in our actions that determines if we can be termed good or evil

Morality is not distinctively muslim, christian or hindu. morality is human it belongs to no ism.
and does not depend upon any book, creed or supernatural for foundation because morality itself is a foundation.

Mentally physically and emotionally we are the same. we all have potentials to great good or evil and to be overcome by disturbing emotions like anger, jealousy, hatred and suspicion but if we cultivate loving kindness, compassion and concern for others(empathy), there will be no room for anger, hatred and greed

1 Like

Re: Helping The Thinkers Believe, And Helping The Believers Think. by An2elect2(f): 8:14am On May 29, 2015
johnydon22:

Ok then good... How come Yahweh (God) your supposed moral giver, gave that law "brides should be killed if found not to be virgin" how come you don't think its moral when your supposed moral giver gave it?? smiley

How naughty can y'all be.

Hi!

*Who is the giver and the taker of life? GOD When death calls, we say God has taken what He gave. Can He not take it at any point in our lives??

*Who ordered for their killing? God or man? God! No man can decide on his own to kill another. If he does, we wonder if He is trying to play God! I should not harm any one cos i do not have any moral or spiritual grounds to do but God is not under any Law and Has every right and power to order that lives be taken

*Before you label God as merciless...well you already have but you know what? He is not. God did not punish men for nothing. They were first of all found guilty... Though a longsuffering and merciful God, He still had to be just! If you think men are innocent victims...then you need to go back and read up all the old testament killings to see what warranted those killings!

*Trying to make God look bad does not stop Him from existing! When did things become non existent because we don't agree with them?

*We are in the new testament now. The old testament( the shadow of things to come) is gone. You are in this dispensation. Why judge God or my religion based on the past you claim does not exist??

Have you seen any Christian killing anyone in the name of God? Why turn a blind eye to what you can see and focus on what you cant see to discredit Christianity... our books are fairy tales? why open them? are they not foolish to you?. SMH.
Re: Helping The Thinkers Believe, And Helping The Believers Think. by johnydon22(m): 8:31am On May 29, 2015
An2elect2:

Hi!

Lol... My question was simple "Why do you think killing a virgin is not moral when the supposed moral giver gave that law"

I don't quite see why you got defensive and came up with what you wrote up there which practically makes no sense or answered the question in any way. I am not trying to make ur god look bad at all, i asked a question based on the answer you gave me. . .You just resorted to attacks.

My dear, i asked you a question..
johnydon22:

Is it morally right to kill a bride found not to be a virgin?
your answer was
An2elect2:

your answer shows you do not think it to be moral. . . then i asked
johnydon22:

This was a very direct simple question.

Your god gave a law (which is regarded as a moral law) but you do not find this law moral. . how come?

actually by agreeing the law ur god gave is not moral, you are the one that just painted it bad and not me, why then resort to insults?. . .i think others reading this thread can clearly see a clear picture of the discussion.

so can you now stop the ad hominems and answer the simple question because i know there must be a reason why you dont find it to be moral...

[size=20] Why do you think killing a bride that is found not to be a virgin is not moral when your moral giver (god) gave this law thinking it is moral?[/size]

1 Like

Re: Helping The Thinkers Believe, And Helping The Believers Think. by An2elect2(f): 8:56am On May 29, 2015
Anas09:
Spot on. If this was not so glaring, the bible wouldn't call them fools.

I looked up the meaning of a fool. I came up with this: A person who lacks sound judgement and is of little intelligence. A jester. A joker.

When people cannot use their brain to decipher simple things, we call them fools, slow pokes not to insult them but to describe them perfectly. There are no good words for them.

We don't need loads of confused books to tell us there is God. We simply know that there is God just as we know there is air. The whole world from the very beginning have always known that there is God and lived their lives conscious of God. The onus lies on this people to prove to us that He does not exist. And we have all seen how stupid they sound each time they try to say something. Jokers.

Anas09:

This is the point! the whole point! what atheists have refused to see. They want us to consider their opinions of how God should have revealed himself. Jokers! God has given them expo. You want to know if i exist? look at what i made! look at this intelligence? Who attributes an intelligent work to mere accident!!? Nobody including atheists! hahahahahhahaha A man sees a pot on the stove...cooking. And he says maybe it got on the stove by chance...probably the fire lit by itself. What a joke! What nonsense! grin grin

Anas09:

hahahaha Guess what people? atheists have no fuc.king reasonable answer to this. They will end up stupid! One said, morality is a human concept, another says it is inherent but went on to contradict himself immediately! Joker! grin. IF THERE IS A LAW THEN THERE IS A GIVER. IF WE CAME BY ACCIDENT, OUR JUDGEMENT SYS/CONSCIENCE CANNOT BE RELIED UPON!
Anas09:

Am not a scientist and I can say very little in that field. But Most of the time, I sit and ponder. How does Bones form in a baby in the womb, starting with a blood clot. Am yet to listen to a scientist analyse sleep. No matter how great and powerful (strength wise) a man is, when asleep. A 5yr old can just end ur life. What about death? My brothers in humanity explain the concept of death to me. Why hasn't science come up with an antidote for death yet? Why can't we stop the process of aging, why can't science tell us what to do to stay alive and young as long as we live?
Shalom.
GBAM THAT IS THE EFFING TRUTH RIGHT THERE. grin grin
Re: Helping The Thinkers Believe, And Helping The Believers Think. by An2elect2(f): 9:09am On May 29, 2015
DProDG:

And this is coming from a Christian...

I only have my bible and i know the author!

You rely on dead white men's knowledge to refute truth! you are a joke!

go ahead and accuse us of slaving up to them...when you know nothing! Open the bible and tell me if men can come up with such wisdom!!?

Joker!! you guys are becoming so damn predictable and boring! step up your game! you need more books! common! grin grin grin
Re: Helping The Thinkers Believe, And Helping The Believers Think. by Anas09: 12:46pm On May 29, 2015
@An2elect2.
Thank you brethren.
The Bible says;
1 Cor 1:18-22. For the preaching of the gospel is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. 19 for it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and I will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent. 20 where is the wise? Where is the scribe, where is the disputer of this world (Pleatton)? Hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 for after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe. 22 for the Jews ask for a sign, and the greek seek after wisdom. But we preach christ crucified unto the Jews a stumbling block, and unto the greek foolishness. 25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
Atheist claim to be intellectuals, wise and logical. Up there is what God has to say concerning you. Keep up blocking ur hearts and refusing to see reason, even when its sterring u in the face.
Re: Helping The Thinkers Believe, And Helping The Believers Think. by plaetton: 12:54pm On May 29, 2015
DProDG:

I thought John's response was straight forward and covered everything. I would have expected you to (try to) refute what he said rather than give up in the old fashioned way of quoting unrelated scripture.

'The selfish gene' is a very easy concept to understand. Utilitarianism and empathy are equally related; you can look them up whenever you actually get interested in your own OP.

I have never seen someone derail his own thread in such fashion.
Hilarious, isn't it.

He says he is not a scientist( and he Obviously cannot grasp simple scientific concepts), but, alas, he deems himself competent to deny the very scientific ideas which he doesn't yet understand.
What a great folly.

3 Likes

Re: Helping The Thinkers Believe, And Helping The Believers Think. by plaetton: 1:05pm On May 29, 2015
An2elect2:

Hi!

*Who is the giver and the taker of life? GOD When death calls, we say God has taken what He gave. Can He not take it at any point in our lives??

*Who ordered for their killing? God or man? God! No man can decide on his own to kill another. If he does, we wonder if He is trying to play God! I should not harm any one cos i do not have any moral or spiritual grounds to do but God is not under any Law and Has every right and power to order that lives be taken

*Before you label God as merciless...well you already have but you know what? He is not. God did not punish men for nothing. They were first of all found guilty... Though a longsuffering and merciful God, He still had to be just! If you think men are innocent victims...then you need to go back and read up all the old testament killings to see what warranted those killings!

*Trying to make God look bad does not stop Him from existing! When did things become non existent because we don't agree with them?

*We are in the new testament now. The old testament( the shadow of things to come) is gone. You are in this dispensation. Why judge God or my religion based on the past you claim does not exist??

Have you seen any Christian killing anyone in the name of God? Why turn a blind eye to what you can see and focus on what you cant see to discredit Christianity... our books are fairy tales? why open them? are they not foolish to you?. SMH.

You must be really ignorant.

I guess you have never heard of the crusades?
Christians killer and comitted the worst forms of atrocities in the name of Jesus.
I also guess that you have never heard of the inquisitions and the horrors that church men comitted in the name of God.
And you have never heard of the 300yrs secterian wars in medieval Europe.

Gosh!
I wonder what garbage they are teaching you kids in school these days.

Pls shut up and stop showcasing your stark ignorance.

5 Likes

Re: Helping The Thinkers Believe, And Helping The Believers Think. by plaetton: 1:09pm On May 29, 2015
An2elect2:

go ahead and accuse us of slaving up to them...when you know nothing! Open the bible and tell me if men can come up with such wisdom!!?

Joker!! you guys are becoming so damn predictable and boring! step up your game! you need more books! common! grin grin grin

Oh gosh!
Hands over my face.
I feel sooo ashamed.

What system produces these kind of youths?

Are we doomed in Africa?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Helping The Thinkers Believe, And Helping The Believers Think. by An2elect2(f): 9:23pm On May 29, 2015
plaetton:

Christians killer and comitted the worst forms of atrocities in the name of Jesus.
I also guess that you have never heard of the inquisitions and the horrors that church men comitted in the name of God.

Gosh!

You are a big fool and the ignorant one here. When you lose necessary brain cells what every one expects next from you is to shut the hole on your face!! What makes an atheist are dogmas built on pure lies and wilful ignorance to rebel against God.

Now the question is what makes one a Christian?? You are so dumb and lost that any one with a Christian label is a Christian. The God you try cursing every day knows those that are His: 2Tim 2:19

and look what He said about those playing Christian: Matthew 7:23 :
"And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew
you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE
LAWLESSNESS."

You want to tell me shi.t about Christians, rely on that holy and true book. NO Christian kills/killed any one in the name of God! Don't throw atrocities committed by cults and lawless men in the name of whatever god they are serving at us!

Intelligent men do not think like you! go ahead and fool others with that garbage you call education...and watch us don't give a flying fuc.k!

Frogshi.t!!!!
Re: Helping The Thinkers Believe, And Helping The Believers Think. by An2elect2(f): 9:42pm On May 29, 2015
Anas09:
@An2elect2.
Thank you brethren.
The Bible says;
1 Cor 1:18-22. For the preaching of the gospel is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. 19 for it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and I will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent. 20 where is the wise? Where is the scribe, where is the disputer of this world (Pleatton)? Hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 for after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe. 22 for the Jews ask for a sign, and the greek seek after wisdom. But we preach christ crucified unto the Jews a stumbling block, and unto the greek foolishness. 25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
Atheist claim to be intellectuals, wise and logical. Up there is what God has to say concerning you. Keep up blocking ur hearts and refusing to see reason, even when its sterring u in the face.

Peeeew! When i engage myself with this people i do it with so much relaxation cos am on the right path. grin It's so simple and i can't remember nursing any fear because there is absolutely nothing to lose or fear.

Those on the wrong are always on the defensive smiley trying hard, working themselves up...atheism is hard work...no be moi moi o...you have to keep telling yourself God does not exist until you pass on.

And this comes with reading loads of books to block every ounce of simple sense in your head. These guys do not have the peace we enjoy...we've got to pity them, if not for anything but for that lack of peace.

Hehehe atheists chai eeya. As long as there is God there is hope er chai what a life even satan does not envy.

1 Like

Re: Helping The Thinkers Believe, And Helping The Believers Think. by Nobody: 10:22pm On May 29, 2015
An2elect2:

Lol... K

4 Likes

Re: Helping The Thinkers Believe, And Helping The Believers Think. by johnydon22(m): 10:31am On May 30, 2015
lol
Re: Helping The Thinkers Believe, And Helping The Believers Think. by johnydon22(m): 10:36am On May 30, 2015
[size=20] Why do you think killing a bride that is found not to be a virgin is not moral when your moral giver (god) gave this law thinking it is moral?[/size]

An2elect2 you seem not to have an answer to this?.?
Re: Helping The Thinkers Believe, And Helping The Believers Think. by Anas09: 1:48pm On May 30, 2015
Johnnydon
Let me now answer this question you keep bringing up.
The body of a child of God is the Temple of the Holy spirit so it should not be defiled until in marriage. Fornication and idolatry are one and the same sin, and God hates them to the point of removing anyone who commits it from amonsgt his people.
Jehovah is a moral and an upright God. He is the law giver, he has the prerogative to penalise any offender who disobey those laws, as He sees fit, so that it will serve as a deterrant to others.
You say there's no God, not because u r certain that there's no God, because anytime you open ur eyes you stire God in the face, but because you don't want to feel accountable to Him. In other words, you want to usurp his sovereignty and be god for urself. But when Calamity strikes you turn around and blame Him, instead of putting the blame on science.
Those who disobey God, chooses to obey satan, so the consiquence is there to receive. God is a just God who will not let any injustice go unpurnished.
The bride who knows the law says, she meets her husband chaste but goes on to commit fornication anyway, has already signed up for the consiquence.
AND, Johny please mention the names of brides that christians have stoned for marrying when they have lost their virginity.
Re: Helping The Thinkers Believe, And Helping The Believers Think. by plaetton: 2:36pm On May 30, 2015
Anas09:
Johnnydon
The body of a child of God is the Temple of the Holy spirit so it should not be defiled until in marriage. Fornication and idolatry are one and the same sin, and God hates them to the point of removing anyone who commits it from amonsgt his people.
Jehovah is a moral and an upright God. He is the law giver, he has the prerogative to penalise any offender who disobey those laws, as He sees fit, so that it will serve as a deterrant to others.
You say there's no God, not because u r certain that there's no God, because anytime you open ur eyes you stire God in the face, but because you don't want to feel accountable to Him. In other words, you want to usurp his sovereignty and be god for urself. But when Calamity strikes you turn around and blame Him, instead of putting the blame on science.
Those who disobey God, chooses to obey satan, so the consiquence is there to receive. God is a just God who will not let any injustice go unpurnished.
The bride who knows the law says, she meets her husband chaste but goes on to commit fornication anyway, has already signed up for the consiquence.
AND, Johny please mention the names of brides that christians have stoned for marrying when they have lost their virginity.
Lol.
So killing is moral, if it is done to preserve moral laws?
Yes or no?

And secondly, by your post, you are once again implying that Yahweh god 's morality is different from christian morality.

3 Likes

Re: Helping The Thinkers Believe, And Helping The Believers Think. by johnydon22(m): 3:01pm On May 30, 2015
Anas09:
Johnnydon
Am sure you dont even have any idea why i asked that question or maybe you didnt see my discussion with An2elect2. . The question was "Why does she An2elect2 find stoning brides that are not virgins to be immoral when the supposed law giver gave the law( meaning he thought it was moral)

How come what she finds to be moral different from what jehovah find to be moral?

Anas09:

So then stoning a non virgin bride is moral then since ur supposed moral Jehovah said it is...Very sick.

Anas09:

Am sorry I must sound offensive here but you are very sick and needs check up.
First; you assume stupendous nonsense about me and then spew rubbish that has nothing to do with the question.

You are the one who say there is a god and so is supposed to be substantiating the proof of your jehovah god just like muslims are faced with the burden of proving their allah god and hindu the burden of proving krishan (god)

I don't feel accountable to a mythical entity unproven and self contradictory. i am accountable to the laws of the federal republic of Nigeria. I am not a hypocritic sick moral tilted human being that commits atrocities then rush into the room to mumble words to the ceiling, come out and say he is forgiven, ridding himself of the guilt of your actions.
I take responsibilities for whatever i do. . Good or bad.

The bolded am sure you are not as daft as you appear in this post. please try and show some sanity in posts.
I know the difference between myth and reality, i don't go blaming mythical beings for occurrences if so i would be blaming zeus for thunder storms. I take absolute responsibilities for my circumstances unlike you who rush from church to church, crusade to crusade begging a mythical entity that seem aloof too.

Atheists dont go about blaming a mythical entity only found in the pages of a book for calamities. be it zeus, jehovah, allah, thor, odin, horus.

And how can someone blame science(studies)..(maybe if rain falls you blame it on chemistry) Dude you need to visit a psychiatric doctor
Anas09:

The bride who knows the law says, she meets her husban rid chaste but goes on to commit fornication anyway, has already signed up for the consiquence.
So then you find it morally okay for them to stone a bride found not be a virgin which unfortunately An2elect2 who my question was for based on our discussion dont find this to be right.

Anas09:

And this was exactly my point that you missed and dabbled into a discussion you dont even know.

Since you claim the jewish deity Jehovah god to be ur moral giver, why then are you not stoning young brides that are not virgins as the moral giver stipulated in his laws?

is it that this moral giver's laws can be cherrypicked or you guys just dont like that part.

since he is the moral law giver, it should be canon that all his laws are moral, why then are you not following that moral law?
why then do you not find it okay to stone non virgins?

Next time please read a discussion before trying to reply a question with an out of context answer. This post shows you have no idea what i talked with An2elect2, please next time if you can't address a post directly and not dabble into ad hominems by assuming stupendous nonsense about me, don't mention me.

Read things before you comment on.it.

1 Like

Re: Helping The Thinkers Believe, And Helping The Believers Think. by malvisguy212: 3:05pm On May 30, 2015
An2elect2:

Lol, you dont know God then. You must be one of those jolly jolly Christians. You need to know the God that you are serving o!

Take this,

Isaiah 45:7

I form the light, and create darkness: I make
peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these
things.

Look at the f close to my monicker smiley
https://www.nairaland.com/2035915/did-god-create-evil-does
Re: Helping The Thinkers Believe, And Helping The Believers Think. by malvisguy212: 3:09pm On May 30, 2015
plaetton:

Gosh!

you say christians killing in the name of Jesus. Did christ say we should kill for him? Bible say vengeance belong to God.
Re: Helping The Thinkers Believe, And Helping The Believers Think. by malvisguy212: 3:21pm On May 30, 2015
plaetton:

Lol.
Nice of you to admit that your imaginary moral law giver is schizophrenic.
Now, what kind of MORAL laws should Anyone expect from a bible-certified schizophrenic.?
Seriously.
Most atheists define evil according to their own interpretation By defining evil
as things they don't like, they have
created a circular argument guaranteed
to "prove the non-existence" of God. The
Christian definition of evil is anything
done by one of God's spirit beings (humans or angels) against Him (or His
created beings). As such, God is never
responsible for evil - only His created
spirit beings.

Atheists say that since only God can
create, therefore He must have created
evil. However, at this point the atheist
has redefined the meaning of create. Evil was not created. Evil is manifested
(committed) by free-will beings. Nice play on words, but it doesn't stand up to
examination.
Re: Helping The Thinkers Believe, And Helping The Believers Think. by plaetton: 3:29pm On May 30, 2015
malvisguy212:
you say christians killing in the name of Jesus. Did christ say we should kill for him? Bible say vengeance belong to God.

Jesus said "do not think that I come to bring peace, but that I come to bring the sword, to set son against father, and Brother against Brother."

Ironically, that seems to be the only promise that Jesus ever fulfilled.

Beautiful, isn't it?

1 Like

Re: Helping The Thinkers Believe, And Helping The Believers Think. by malvisguy212: 3:37pm On May 30, 2015
plaetton:

Jesus said "do not think that I come to bring peace, but that I come to bring the sword, to set son against father, and Brother against Brother."

Beautiful, isn't it?
and did the bible ever mention Jesus carrying a sword? Here , Jesus was teaching about spiritual choice we will make and how it gonna affect us.

the bible is clear, world peace is not among the will of God, you live in a universe where people will never agreed with the spiritual choice you make, world peace will be impossible.

1 Like

Re: Helping The Thinkers Believe, And Helping The Believers Think. by johnydon22(m): 3:38pm On May 30, 2015
malvisguy212:

Most atheists define evil according to their own interpretation By defining evil
as things they don't like, they have
For once in your life malvisguy stop using fallacious words to represent people's assertions.
Of all the times i have seen you discuss with atheists on the concept of morality i have never heard them term evil as "things they dont like"
They have always maintained its a concept that represents Actions or events unfavourable to human survival or well being

malvisguy212:

created a circular argument guaranteed
to "prove the non-existence" of God. The
Christian definition of evil is anything
done by one of God's spirit beings (humans or angels) against Him (or His
created beings). As such, God is never
responsible for evil - only His created
spirit beings.
No atheist is linking evil to an imaginary being or trying to prove it's inexistence, how they bother to disprove what have not been proven.

It actually falls on you to prove it exists hence it remains a claim until proven. . so don't expect any atheist to attribute anything to ideas (god) they literally lack belief in.

malvisguy212:

Atheists say that since only God can
create, therefore He must have created
evil. However, at this point the atheist
has redefined the meaning of create. Evil was not created. Evil is manifested
(committed) by free-will beings. Nice play on words, but it doesn't stand up to
examination.
Actually atheist don't attribute creation of anything to any mythical being in any form...And am sure i have treated this with you in one of your threads showing you evil is not a thing (that can be termed created) But a concept representing the abstract notion of actions or events unfavourable to human survival or well being.

You christians make that assertion by quoting Isaiah 45:7

Just like i have seen you quote many times and An2elect did here too

things.

So why blame an atheist for using your own words hewn from ur own bible against you the same way we use quran against it.

Learn how to represent people's words exactly as they asserted and stop baseless deceptive straw man fallacies. . i thought deception was supposed to be a sin

1 Like

Re: Helping The Thinkers Believe, And Helping The Believers Think. by plaetton: 3:42pm On May 30, 2015
malvisguy212:
and did the bible ever mention Jesus carrying a sword? Here , Jesus was teaching about spiritual choice we will make and how it gonna affect us.

the bible is clear, world peace is not among the will of God, you live in a universe where people will never agreed with the spiritual choice you make, world peace will be impossible.

Gosh!

Pls read you post again, and see if you will learn something.
Re: Helping The Thinkers Believe, And Helping The Believers Think. by malvisguy212: 3:55pm On May 30, 2015
johnydon22:
For once in your life malvisguy stop using fallacious words to represent people's assertions.
Of all the times i have seen you discuss with atheists on the concept of morality i have never heard them term evil as "things they dont like"
They have always maintained its a concept that represents Actions or events unfavourable to human survival or well being

No atheist is linking evil to an imaginary being or trying to prove it's inexistence, how they disprove what have not been proven.

It actually falls on you to prove it exists hence it remains a claim until proven. . so don't expect any atheist to attribute anything to ideas (god) they literally lack belief in.

Actually atheist don't attribute creation of anything to any mythical being in any form...And an sire i have treated this with you in one of your threads showing you evil is not a thing (that can be termed created) But a concept representing the abstract notion of actions or events unfavourable to human survival or well being.

You christians make that assertion by quoting Isaiah 45:7

Just like i have seen you quote many times and An2elect did here too

things.

So why blame an atheist for using your own words hewn from ur own bible against you the same way we use quran against it.

Learn how to represent people's words exactly as they asserted and dont baseless deceptive straw man fallacies. . i thought deception was supposed to be a sin
do atheists like evil? You say no atheist is linking God to evil? Here what pleatton say in response to an2lect who quote from the book of isaiah say God created evil :
plaetton:
Lol.
Nice of you to admit that your
imaginary moral law giver is
schizophrenic.
Now, what kind of MORAL laws
should Anyone expect from a bible-
certified schizophrenic.?
Seriously.

Beckwith argues that a non-personal
ground of an objective moral law that
transcends human subjectivity "is
inadequate in explaining the guilt and
shame one feels when one violates the
moral law. For it is persons, not rules or
principles, that elicit in us feelings of
guilt and shame." [15] As Paul Copan
asks: "Why should we feel guilt towards
abstract moral principles?"[16] Since it
would be inappropriate to feel guilt or
shame before an abstract (impersonal)
moral principle, and since it is
appropriate to feel guilt and shame
before the objective moral law, that
moral law cannot be an abstract moral
principle. In other words, objective moral
values must be ontologically grounded in
a transcendent personality before whom
it is appropriate to feel moral guilt (it's
worth noting that the possibility of
objective forgiveness for moral guilt is
equally dependent upon the moral law
having a personal ground).
These four arguments form a powerful
cumulative case for the first premise of
the moral argument.
http://www.bethinking.org/morality/can-moral-objectivism-do-without-god

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

MEET The Lovely Wife & Children TB Joshua Has Left Behind (full Photos) / Prayer Points For Fasting Period February 2008 / Atheist, Why Not Face Front?...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 183
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.