Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,879 members, 7,817,589 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:04 PM

Advice For Folks - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Advice For Folks (907 Views)

Your Advice For A Beginner Database Administrator? / Pls Who Knows Anythin About Sap, And What Is Your Advice For A Newbie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice For Folks by webstar(m): 8:43pm On Feb 14, 2009
Hey ! folks, lets get to do more better stuffs than Just talking and talking, our country is kinda back dated in net security, lets research find security bugs and vulnerables in most of our sites, online applications and stuffs, I think this will go along way to help.
Most banks in this country are not safe, I dont wanna mention names but I recently got into the user table of a bank last week, peoples financial infos so unsafe, it happened with a very simple sql bug which I beleive a good programmer can fix, lets forget about this debating on how to build websites this and that they shuld be for younger ones, lets research new things, lets not just learn what other people has done but lets do our own stuffs by this, 9ja will go so way up.

Thx folks, just a word of advice.
Re: Advice For Folks by Nobody: 8:09pm On Feb 15, 2009
I get your point. Problem is that many people are just trying to make money and go about doing rubbish just because they have the right connections and stuffs like that. So even with the right knowledge, they are just interested in getting a project done, get money and rush off into the next project.
Re: Advice For Folks by webstar(m): 9:20pm On Feb 15, 2009
This is true, but I bet you some good guys have not shown seriousness, I have some white dudes just like this, they research alot and man reaserch pays, I had a research on cookie management with an egyptian dude last christmas, we discovered a loop in the admin cookie of a Kuwait bank, we reported this and got paid, I found one on January on a saudi bank, I have reported this and yet to hear from them.

The thing about here is you might report an get into trouble but all same if we dont do it I bet some bad guys will make coins from them someday, all same man lets fix what we can and leave the rest for em fates,

Giz to the good guysssss
Re: Advice For Folks by Nobody: 2:09am On Feb 16, 2009
I dont scatter with laughter here, so you have now turned yourself to cookie tracker! or Mr Leaky Cookie.
Now that happens to be a good work, but like you said, it does not promise to be lucrative like that.

Call me lazy, but most of the programming work that i do, i dont bother to use too much skills, i just make it presentable and that is all. As long as my clients are satisfied and i get paid. o-pari

If i mistakenly find a leaky cookie or a leaky admin session - hmmmmmmmmm
Re: Advice For Folks by webstar(m): 6:47am On Feb 16, 2009
anyway, ur dreams matters on this issue, I work on security stuffs and research, cos I want to me like great coders, like napster, nilab check, www.sni-lab.com
this guy is good, he is my good friend in IRC, he thought stuffs on web hacking, I dont really beleive in theory but man, I like been different, u can call it weird but most whites people call hackers, thats what they do to survive, so I am not an exception, there re many other bugs and vulns, check wiki and sourceforge, hotscripts you will get what I mean.

All same working for one purpose, Betterment, Greetings to the good guys
Re: Advice For Folks by jacob05(m): 11:45am On Feb 16, 2009
@webstar
Men , i love your style .zju yot tt t t tt.we need people like you who don't just code for the main purpose of making that much money but for the fun and interesting part of it. Would like learning from you.

(1) (Reply)

A Step Forward / Freetraining On Electronics Projects Circuit Design And Construction / Pls Help Solve This Program

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.