Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,364 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:40 PM

Important Proverbs From Our great grand fathers - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Important Proverbs From Our great grand fathers (742 Views)

Guy Poses With His 101-Year-Old Great Grand Mother / This Woman Becomes A Great Great Great Grand Mother / New Craze In Town- Ladies Retaining Their Fathers Name After Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Important Proverbs From Our great grand fathers by Nobody: 11:16pm On May 28, 2015
our forefathers were so intelligent even though they never saw the four walls of a classroom!
Below are some of the famous quotes and Proverbs from them that I will be sharing, feel free to add to it

1. Too much discussions bring arguments
2. If you educate a man, you educate an individual but if you educate a woman, you educate a family.
3. A leader cannot reign without the support of the elders.
4. When two brothers fight to death, a stranger will inherit their father's estate.
5.A brave man only die once but a coward dies a thousand times
6. A child can play with his mother's breasts but not with his father's balls grin
7. Only a fool thinks he knows it all.
8. A home without a mother is a desert
9. Where you sit when you're old will tell where you stood in your youth
10. A man who always use force is afraid of reasoning
11. When you walk with unworthy people, you yourself become unworthy
12. A man is made in the battlefield and not at home
13. when a king has good counsellors, his reign will be peaceful
14. when there's no enemy within, the enemy outside cannot hurt you
15. Better to have an intelligent enemy than a foolish friend
16. A king has no friends
17. everyone loves a fool but no one wants him for a son
18. A man who does not tell lies will never marry
19. Better to be a lion for a day than a sheep all your life
20. A stubborn man's head is always full of scars

1 Like

Re: Important Proverbs From Our great grand fathers by Nobody: 7:41am On May 29, 2015
he who think he's leading but has no followers is only taking a walk
Re: Important Proverbs From Our great grand fathers by Nobody: 8:00am On May 29, 2015
a masquerade who tries too hard to outclass his colleagues will only expose his as5
Re: Important Proverbs From Our great grand fathers by Nobody: 11:11am On May 29, 2015
a king goes to war when insulted
Re: Important Proverbs From Our great grand fathers by breathless(m): 6:27pm On May 29, 2015
Meat wey you dey forbid, no take teeth share am.

"I no go fit climb up", na for ground you go talk so.
Re: Important Proverbs From Our great grand fathers by Nobody: 8:41pm On May 29, 2015
"I know I'm not edible".says the vulture "but I'll lay my eggs in the tallest trees because man is not to be trusted"

1 Like

Re: Important Proverbs From Our great grand fathers by Nobody: 10:44pm On May 29, 2015
for the sake of peace, hard decisions must be made
Re: Important Proverbs From Our great grand fathers by Nobody: 12:45am On May 30, 2015
strategy is better than strength
Re: Important Proverbs From Our great grand fathers by Nobody: 6:03am On May 30, 2015
a king's child is a slave elsewhere
Re: Important Proverbs From Our great grand fathers by Nobody: 11:27am On May 30, 2015
the man may be the head of the home but the wife is the heart
Re: Important Proverbs From Our great grand fathers by Nobody: 5:00pm On May 30, 2015
the head of a stubborn man is always full of scars

(1) (Reply)

Suggestions Are Welcome / Tragedy! 11-year Old Boy Blasted By Late Father’s Grenade In Makurdi / I Don't Check My Wife's Phone- Ikogbonna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.