Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,121 members, 7,821,843 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:59 PM

The 'slumdog' Was Not Entitled To Be A 'millionaire'. - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / The 'slumdog' Was Not Entitled To Be A 'millionaire'. (877 Views)

Slumdog Millionaire And Nollywood / Slumdog Millionaire (a Must Watch) / SlumDog Millionaire vs. City Of God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The 'slumdog' Was Not Entitled To Be A 'millionaire'. by Don1DeMaco: 1:18pm On Feb 15, 2009
The guy Jamal gave a wrong answer to the Rs 2,50,000 question in the movie.

He was asked to name the poet who wrote song "Darshan Do Ghanshyam Nath Mori Ankhiya Pyasi" and was given 4 options - Surdas, Tulsidas, Meerabai and Kabir.

None of the options was the question cos the poet that wrote the song was Narsinh Mehta.

Surdas which was the option choosen by Jamal in the movie wrote a poem/ song with a similar meaning titled "Ankhiya Hari Darshan Ki Pyasi".

Though all in all I still think it is a gr8 movie and it deserves all the recognition it is getting and hope it wins the Oscar for Best Picture Next week, though The Curious case of Benjamin Button is also a strong contender for us Brad pitt fans.

But fancy Frank Shuaib making the same mistake on Who wants to be a millionaire and I walk away with a cool million b4 they realise,
Re: The 'slumdog' Was Not Entitled To Be A 'millionaire'. by cabali(m): 2:41pm On Feb 15, 2009
who is Frank Shuaib
Re: The 'slumdog' Was Not Entitled To Be A 'millionaire'. by Don1DeMaco: 5:46pm On Feb 15, 2009
cabali:

who is Frank Shuaib

Sorry I meant to write EDOHO FRANK and not shuaib
Re: The 'slumdog' Was Not Entitled To Be A 'millionaire'. by cabali(m): 7:42am On Feb 16, 2009
All that one is yours. The movie gone past that level and I seriously doubt ur claims. off to google
Re: The 'slumdog' Was Not Entitled To Be A 'millionaire'. by Don1DeMaco: 5:06pm On Feb 16, 2009
Yep i agree with u and dats one of the reasons why i said i still hopes it wins the oscar award for best pic.

yep it'll also be very nice since u have the internet to do ur own research on it.

all in all i was only trying to pass out info as a good film critic would do.
Re: The 'slumdog' Was Not Entitled To Be A 'millionaire'. by cabali(m): 7:36am On Feb 17, 2009
Then u can also take it to movie critic forum where u have to be strong or get a beat down
Re: The 'slumdog' Was Not Entitled To Be A 'millionaire'. by spikedcylinder: 10:39am On Feb 17, 2009
The criticisms you've raised are ignorable. tongue
Re: The 'slumdog' Was Not Entitled To Be A 'millionaire'. by busygirl(f): 10:24pm On Feb 18, 2009
For the questions he didn't know, he used his options. The first one was "Asking the Audience" while the other one was "removing two wrong options" Lastly he phoned a friend. I doubt your claims because I'm very sure that he used all the available options. Watch the film again grin

(1) (Reply)

Links To Free Movies / Test: Who Are You In The Movie 2012? / Friday Night Lights Episodes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.