Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,198 members, 7,818,661 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:09 PM

Cyber Cafe And Business Centre Thread, Ask Your Questions Here - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Cyber Cafe And Business Centre Thread, Ask Your Questions Here (7139 Views)

I Want To Start A Business Centre,need Advise And Guidelines / Latitude-cafe Restaurant Waiters Use Hoverboards To Serve Customers In Ibadan / Setup A Profitable Computer Business Centre (steps) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cyber Cafe And Business Centre Thread, Ask Your Questions Here by pukena(m): 12:25pm On May 29, 2015
By God's special grace, I have managed to build one of the largest Cyber Cafe and Computer Services Centre in Ijeshatedo, Surulere, Lagos. I was a regular aspiring entrepreneur few years ago, new in Lagos with no capital except for my laptop. But I had a big dream to build a big IT Solutions centre in Lagos. Though a graduate of Industrial Chemistry, I fell in love with computers and the web that prior to starting the business, I virtually spent my waking hours on the internet using a free wifi from a church in my area. That was when I learnt so much on my own on areas which include: Microsoft Packages, Corel Draw, Photoshop, Web development, PHP and MYSQL, Drupal and many other stuffs. I didn;t have money to enroll in any IT School. Today we have trained over 100 people since 2011 and many are already household names in the I.T buisness.

As a Cafe Owner, apart from the money you make from selling internet time, there are many other attendant businesses that keeps your cashflow on the blue. But the Cafe is usually the core business and that's why am building this thread around it.

Many Cafes have opened and closed and when people ask me why, I simply tell them Lack of knowledge. The success of your Cafe business is not a function of how much money you are ready to invest, as much as the ambiance is important, but a function of little little details that I would be sharing with some serious minded ones. Remember, as a Cafe owner, you keep making money from different sources: Computer training, Online registrations like JAMB, WAEC, GCE, NAVY, ARMY, IMMIGRATION, etc., web development, graphics design, etc.

PLEASE NOTE;This business is not for every one. It is very technical. So if you are interested, please ask your questions to know am not talking to myself.

Thanks.

RicherLife

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cyber Cafe And Business Centre Thread, Ask Your Questions Here by nas4q(m): 1:08pm On May 29, 2015
wow nice one I must say.
Modified:
What's the nature of your internet subscription? I mean buying equipments, installment and monthly subscription.
Re: Cyber Cafe And Business Centre Thread, Ask Your Questions Here by stadora(f): 1:36pm On May 29, 2015
Following.... pls ride on, am realy interested
Re: Cyber Cafe And Business Centre Thread, Ask Your Questions Here by pukena(m): 1:37pm On May 29, 2015
Ok dear, am waiting for them. Keep them rolling
nas4q:
wow nice one I must say.My question is loading
Re: Cyber Cafe And Business Centre Thread, Ask Your Questions Here by pukena(m): 6:07pm On May 29, 2015
I would really want to be sure people are interested in this business before I start making updates. I really have little or no time to write because of the limited time I have during the day, so for me to start making updates, I would really want to see some genuine interest.

Thanks

3 Likes

Re: Cyber Cafe And Business Centre Thread, Ask Your Questions Here by lexylexy(m): 7:32pm On May 29, 2015
Nice one. Dis a biz av been interested in but have no IT experience to go about it. Pls would like to know d type of network you use nd how many mb u use daily in ur cafe.
Re: Cyber Cafe And Business Centre Thread, Ask Your Questions Here by pukena(m): 11:00pm On May 29, 2015
ok, d issue of network choice has always been a hot topic in ds business. however, d choice of network depends of your perculiar situation and location. I hv virtually migrated from one network to anoda over the years until I found d one that works for me in terms of speed, profit and reliabilty. I started with mobitel but they werent stable. I switched to swift, then to cobranet and to spectranet. these are all good networks especially spectranet for a starter with few systemd. for e.g if your cafe has upto 5-7 systems, you can work with sprctranet lte for their 20gb monthly plan for 7k. it usually finishes before 2 weeks max depending on patronage. I used to recharge every 3 days when I used spectranet. as my cafe grew to over 20 systems, I had to find a better network to accomodate f growth and with unlimited data plan.

I hope I hv answered ur questions.
thanks
Re: Cyber Cafe And Business Centre Thread, Ask Your Questions Here by lexylexy(m): 11:46pm On May 29, 2015
So wats d better network u found and how often do u recharge? Also,how do u deal with d issue of yahoo boys in ur cafe?
Re: Cyber Cafe And Business Centre Thread, Ask Your Questions Here by ThundrCork(m): 6:46am On May 30, 2015
What can be done to avoid revenue leakage from those that work for you in your absence(You may not be there all the time). How can photocopies, prints and various online registration be monitored to ensure accountability?
Re: Cyber Cafe And Business Centre Thread, Ask Your Questions Here by pukena(m): 7:33am On May 30, 2015
lexylexy:
So wats d better network u found and how often do u recharge? Also,how do u deal with d issue of yahoo boys in ur cafe?

I dont use one network. no cafe does. no network in nigeria is 100% reliable. when one fails u switch to d other. however do to d size of my cafe I use cobranet outdoor, unlimited as my main network. i recharge 34 k per month. it is the best I hv used. it doesnt hv a data cap. it is measured in hours. not a good idea for starting though.

as for d issue of yahoo boys, u cant stop anyone from patronising ur cafe. u re like a danfo driver on duty, do stand by the door to screen those that enter ur bus? no. however its always a good practice to put a desclaimer notice on ur wall. again always deep freeze ur systems so dat as soon as u restart d system, it wipes off anything that can incriminate u. as for me, my cafe is close to a police station but I hv never had a visit from them since inception.

I hope I answered ur question

thanks
Re: Cyber Cafe And Business Centre Thread, Ask Your Questions Here by pukena(m): 7:46am On May 30, 2015
ThundrCork:
What can be done to avoid revenue leakage from those that work for you in your absence(You may not be there all the time). How can photocopies, prints and various online registration be monitored to ensure accountability?

Well that is always a problem in the business. but I will tell u how I handle mine. I personally ran the business myself for years before I employed my first staff. I did ds so I can understand not only the intricacies of the business but the cash flow pattern. I grew a certain level of customerbase that I know how much to make per day. so even when am not there, I know what to expect so its hard for my staff to doctor d figures significantly. however, u cannot totally eliminate occasional shortfalls or outright stealing. I must say in my case, I hv never actually suspected or experienced a staff stealing from me. they re mostly graduates of my computer school so we bond like family.
Re: Cyber Cafe And Business Centre Thread, Ask Your Questions Here by needinfo: 9:12am On May 30, 2015
pukena:

Well that is always a problem in the business. but I will tell u how I handle mine. I personally ran the business myself for years before I employed my first staff. I did ds so I can understand not only the intricacies of the business but the cash flow pattern. I grew a certain level of customerbase that I know how much to make per day. so even when am not there, I know what to expect so its hard for my staff to doctor d figures significantly. however, u cannot totally eliminate occasional shortfalls or outright stealing. I must say in my case, I hv never actually suspected or experienced a staff stealing from me. they re mostly graduates of my computer school so we bond like family.
nice to note.how much is it going to cost for renting a shop.like in your case, how much do you pay per month for your shop
Re: Cyber Cafe And Business Centre Thread, Ask Your Questions Here by pukena(m): 10:49am On May 30, 2015
needinfo:
nice to note.how much is it going to cost for renting a shop.like in your case, how much do you pay per month for your shop

It all depends on your area bro....
But here is a simple budget you can use:

Note: I started my venture first by squatting with a computer engineer/seller in his shop. My first business was computer training and web design which i did for like 2 years during which I have earned the right to pay for half of the shop and some 4 systems.

But because computer training and web design wasn't guaranteeing daily steady income, I decided to incorporate a cafe into my business. But before then, I understudied a close friend, who at that time, was running one of the most successful cyber cafe centers in my area.

To start off, here was my shoestring budget:

3additional 40gb, 1gb Desktop computers @ N15,000 each
Spectranet modem: N20,000 with a month subscription
D-Link switch(16 ports atleast): N16,000
Rent: depends on your area but shouldnt be below N40,000 per year
Chairs: 1,200 each

You can start with the above. Then grow with time.

Today our humble office costs us about 150,000 per year but I didnt start with that. Today we have state-of-the-art machineries and equipments you can find in a good business center but they all came in one after another.

So work with your purse.

Thanks
Re: Cyber Cafe And Business Centre Thread, Ask Your Questions Here by dennismukoro(m): 12:08pm On May 30, 2015
did u register to CAC. and also did u have any professional certificate. Wants to open 1
Re: Cyber Cafe And Business Centre Thread, Ask Your Questions Here by ariyebaba(m): 5:32pm On May 30, 2015
@ op, i run a cafe too.................

As an addendum to what OP stated above.If u must run a successful cafe biz:

* u must be there frm am to pm n collect ur cash. I dont allow my staff to handle cash.

* u must av a gud n fast internet service.

* u must be consistent,always available n be technically savvy.

* a good location

* clean n well organized cafe with gud lightning.

* friendly attitude,respect to all n inviting smiles.

* a catchy business name. I registered mine with CAC which give us advantage and edge above our competitors to supply lots of laptops to an organization.

More to come:..................................

Good job,OP

3 Likes

Re: Cyber Cafe And Business Centre Thread, Ask Your Questions Here by pukena(m): 6:05pm On May 30, 2015
ariyebaba:
@ op, i run a cafe too.................

As an addendum to what OP stated above.If u must run a successful cafe biz:

* u must be there frm am to pm n collect ur cash. I dont allow my staff to handle cash.

* u must av a gud n fast internet service.

* u must be consistent,always available n be technically savvy.

* a good location

* clean n well organized cafe with gud lightning.

* friendly attitude,respect to all n inviting smiles.

* a catchy business name. I registered mine with CAC which give us advantage and edge above our competitors to supply lots of laptops to an organization.

More to come:..................................

Good job,OP

You just nailed it bro. where is your business location?
Re: Cyber Cafe And Business Centre Thread, Ask Your Questions Here by pukena(m): 6:09pm On May 30, 2015
dennismukoro:
did u register to CAC. and also did u have any professional certificate. Wants to open 1

Ofcourse you have to register your business with CAC, just like any other businesses. There are so many corporate jobs you can't do if you aint registered. That's number one.

Thanks
Re: Cyber Cafe And Business Centre Thread, Ask Your Questions Here by ariyebaba(m): 6:37pm On May 30, 2015
GRA,Ilorin.......................... Close to State Govt' offices,State hotel,FRSC.....................
pukena:

You just nailed it bro. where is your business location?
Re: Cyber Cafe And Business Centre Thread, Ask Your Questions Here by ewizard1: 6:58pm On May 30, 2015
Nice one i'm reading here...

I would like to venture into this to but like to start differently.

WiFi - I want to open a Hotspot point with a small shop-box where i can sell tickets. Users can be anywhere close to the location, log in the ticket and Browse!

ISSUES
For a starter, the issue of data is very crucial, some people (like me grin ) would head to a cafe with my laptop whenever i want to download a large file or update my AV Programs, etc. Sometimes, the Cafe attendant keeps asking "Please, who's downloading" because it sometimes cause other users experience slow speed.

Some young guys (kids) would remember the cafe just to download Musics, Files, Applications to their Phones, Devices etc.

Here are my questions!

1. Do you think its a good decision dedicating a data cap for Ticket Durations? eg. 1Hour users got just 100mb... etc
would it discourage some customers?

2, Issue with USB Ports, i do think of disconnecting USB Ports on PCs so users can not access their device when plugged in. Users who need to access files, CV, Docs etc needs to bring their drive to the Admin table, then the file is sent to the user;s PC via Network sharing.

3, Issue of Power, what do you think about using Laptops instead of these Desktop/Tower PCs becasue of power consumption.

Thanks
Re: Cyber Cafe And Business Centre Thread, Ask Your Questions Here by pukena(m): 6:59pm On May 30, 2015
ariyebaba:
GRA,Ilorin..........................
Close to State Govt' offices,State hotel,FRSC.....................

What network do you use and what timer name.
Re: Cyber Cafe And Business Centre Thread, Ask Your Questions Here by ariyebaba(m): 8:14pm On May 30, 2015
I use MTN HYNET,#4000,3GB
Very fast,blazing............wit only few hours of down time dat do occurs once in 3/4 months.
Alternatively, i use USB modem to quickly get some things done for customers who r in hurry. While others come back or dropped wot dey want to do with me. It has helped me to attract n retain customers frm far n near.
pukena:

What network do you use and what timer name.
Re: Cyber Cafe And Business Centre Thread, Ask Your Questions Here by pukena(m): 8:27pm On May 30, 2015
ewizard1:
Nice one i'm reading here...

I would like to venture into this to but like to start differently.

WiFi - I want to open a Hotspot point with a small shop-box where i can sell tickets. Users can be anywhere close to the location, log in the ticket and Browse!

ISSUES
For a starter, the issue of data is very crucial, some people (like me grin ) would head to a cafe with my laptop whenever i want to download a large file or update my AV Programs, etc. Sometimes, the Cafe attendant keeps asking "Please, who's downloading" because it sometimes cause other users experience slow speed.

Some young guys (kids) would remember the cafe just to download Musics, Files, Applications to their Phones, Devices etc.

Here are my questions!

1. Do you think its a good decision dedicating a data cap for Ticket Durations? eg. 1Hour users got just 100mb... etc
would it discourage some customers?

2, Issue with USB Ports, i do think of disconnecting USB Ports on PCs so users can not access their device when plugged in. Users who need to access files, CV, Docs etc needs to bring their drive to the Admin table, then the file is sent to the user;s PC via Network sharing.

3, Issue of Power, what do you think about using Laptops instead of these Desktop/Tower PCs becasue of power consumption.

Thanks

I think you have a nice and innovative idea. However, in cafe business, you must first define your main market target. The main people that would pay you back for your stress after the whole day are those same boys who would come in the morning, pay for bulk time and stay all day working (you know what I mean). Putting a data cap for time for such customer is a big deterrent. Unless you are targeting a normal walking user who just browse for 30min or 1 hour.

I don;t think your hotspot idea will work for heavy users without complications. You need a controlled environment like a shop where you can monitor the activities of your customers.

However, if you still go on with the idea, disconnecting their USB ports could be a nice idea, if they are using your systems. But again, it will make your work more hectic helping them transfer file through network sharing.

Finally, using laptops. Again who is your market targets. Laptops might not last long with heavy usage. and they are easy to steal. I think, though you hotspot idea is good, putting up a shop and using strong desktop computers will do you a world of good. All you need is a strong generator.

1 Like

Re: Cyber Cafe And Business Centre Thread, Ask Your Questions Here by ewizard1: 8:41pm On May 30, 2015
pukena:

***Edited***

Ok, thanks.
Re: Cyber Cafe And Business Centre Thread, Ask Your Questions Here by dennismukoro(m): 11:41am On Jun 25, 2015
just got a big shop. 4 good prize. Will do the registration of business next week with co operate affair. Got like 8system and a big generator for power incase Nepa rubbish.. Am starting with computer training and IT consultant also registration of varios school exam. Targetting secondary schools and jambite around. Fliers and business card ready after registration Will update as it goes.
Re: Cyber Cafe And Business Centre Thread, Ask Your Questions Here by Ikonz(m): 3:32am On Jun 26, 2015
dennismukoro:
just got a big shop. 4 good prize. Will do the registration of business next week with co operate affair. Got like 8system and a big generator for power incase Nepa rubbish.. Am starting with computer training and IT consultant also registration of varios school exam. Targetting secondary schools and jambite around. Fliers and business card ready after registration Will update as it goes.

That's great bro!

Keep it strong & never deter, we will be to hear from your updates & improvements
Re: Cyber Cafe And Business Centre Thread, Ask Your Questions Here by debbydee(f): 9:32am On Jun 26, 2015
Nice tread i am gaining something.

i just love nl.

1 Like

Re: Cyber Cafe And Business Centre Thread, Ask Your Questions Here by Fash0622: 1:44pm On Jun 26, 2015
Nice thread op,

I am considering starting my cafe again in ibadan after closing it down in Lagos last year.
Do we have any cafe owner who has some cafe equipments for sale in ibadan? Pls call me on 08063900409.

Regards.
Re: Cyber Cafe And Business Centre Thread, Ask Your Questions Here by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jun 26, 2015
Nice one, I've passion for business center/Cafe, ICT and other things attached... But the capital to start from.

How many desktop should I budget in mind at the start (minimum)

How much does a desktop cost, good quality...

Thanks @op
Re: Cyber Cafe And Business Centre Thread, Ask Your Questions Here by Nipeks(m): 11:39pm On Jun 26, 2015
@pukena

Help me to review this budget

STUDIO
- Graphics.
- Animation.
- Video Editing.
- Sound Engineering.

SIDE BUSINESS
-
Cyber Cafe.
- Photostating.
- Pinting.
- Typsetting.
- Online Services.

STUDIO BUDGET
-
Desktop PC (High Spec) - N80 000.
- UPS - N10 000.
- Graphics Tablets (2) - N30 000.
- Microphones, Headphones - N30 000.
- Isolation Booth - N20 000.

BUSINESS CENTER BUDGET
- Desktop PCs (Tokunbo) (6) - N100 000.
- All-in-One Photocopier, Laser Printer, Scanner - N40 000.
- UPSs (Tokunbo) (6) - N40 000.
- Modem, Router, Cables RJ-45 Jacks - N30 000.
- ISP Subscrption - 20 000/Month.

MISCELLENOUS BUDGET
- Rent - N50 000/Year.
- Funitures and Decors - N30 000.
- Generator - N30 000.

[s]EMPLOYEES[/s]
[s] - Computer Operators and Sales Manager (3) - N5 000 - N 10 000/Month.[/s]
[s] - Artists , Voice Actors and Animators - Me and my team[/s].

LOCATION - ??

ESTIMATED BUDGET = N500 000.

1 Like

Re: Cyber Cafe And Business Centre Thread, Ask Your Questions Here by Dasshboard(m): 7:35pm On Jul 20, 2015
Nice thread. Keep the good work up.

1 Like

Re: Cyber Cafe And Business Centre Thread, Ask Your Questions Here by Megateq(m): 4:24am On Jul 24, 2015
I will advise you to go for laptops. Six laptops will amount to 150k. In that case , no need of ups and power consumption will be drastically reduced. In my cafe in Akure, I have 15 laptops and my daily fuel consumption is around 500naira from 8th till 6pm

2 Likes

Re: Cyber Cafe And Business Centre Thread, Ask Your Questions Here by Nipeks(m): 9:09am On Jul 24, 2015
Megateq:
I will advise you to go for laptops. Six laptops will amount to 150k. In that case , no need of ups and power consumption will be drastically reduced. In my cafe in Akure, I have 15 laptops and my daily fuel consumption is around 500naira from 8th till 6pm

Really? I have never seen a cafe using laptop. You know laptops are portable and very easy to steal. Secondly, desktops are stronger and and lasts longer than laptops especially when it will be used by random people.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ogun Food Traders Lament Low Sales, Blame Economic Hardship / Toilet Roll/serviette Making Machine Needed / Fire Raze Potiskum Central Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.