Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,219 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:51 AM

Rear Main Seal Repair Concentrate...stops Annoying Oil Leaks?! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Rear Main Seal Repair Concentrate...stops Annoying Oil Leaks?! (2904 Views)

Innoson Stops 85% Production Due To PMB's Policies, May Join 2Baba Protest / Engine Seal Burst And Oil Leaks When Ac Is Put On / Reasons Why Front-wheel Drive Sucks And Why Rear-wheel Drive Is best (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rear Main Seal Repair Concentrate...stops Annoying Oil Leaks?! by Nobody: 1:26pm On May 29, 2015
I recently purchased Rear Main Seal Repair Concentrate.
Ever since i bought my Nigerian used 07 Accord 2 years ago...i have been plagued with a perplexing
oil shortage, getting to the minimum limit usually 1 month after an oil change and requiring 1 litre top up monthly
However, more recently progressed to annoying oil spillages when i park...
I had to change the top seal, but alas, the problem appears to be coming from the crankshaft/ Rear main seal.
My mechanic said that will be a 2 day job requiring an engine overhaul and dismantling to access the seal location....Lailai

That didn't sit well with me, so further research into my problems and i discovered this preparation...So i ordered a box from the USA.
I have more than i need, so i want to sell to anybody who's in my shoes and wants to give this a shot. A bottle goes for 6k...but i can sell to you my nairalanders for 5k. So quote me and order yours now

Re: Rear Main Seal Repair Concentrate...stops Annoying Oil Leaks?! by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:45pm On May 29, 2015
gmyguy:
Ever since i bought my Nigerian used 07 Accord 2 years ago...i have been plagued with a perplexing
oil shortage, getting to the minimum limit usually 1 month after an oil change and requiring 1 litre top up monthly
I had to change the top seal, but alas, the problem appears to be coming from the crankshaft/ Rear main seal.
My mechanic said that will be a 2 day job requiring an engine overhaul and dismantling to access the seal location....Lailai

That didn't seat well with me, so further research into my problems and i discovered this preparation...So i ordered a box from the USA.
I have more than i need, so i want to sell to anybody who's in my shoes and wants to give this a shot. A bottle goes for 6k...but i can sell to you my nairalanders for 5k. So quote me and order yours now

This is like pouring glue into your engine, it will begine to have funny engine noises and finally will die out with sludge build up. Your mechanic was right, replace your seals with original.
Re: Rear Main Seal Repair Concentrate...stops Annoying Oil Leaks?! by Nobody: 1:38am On May 30, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

This is like pouring glue into your engine, it will begine to have funny engine noises and finally will die out with sludge build up. Your mechanic was right, replace your seals with original.
will let you know the outcome...
http://barsleaks.com/our-products/?category=all
Re: Rear Main Seal Repair Concentrate...stops Annoying Oil Leaks?! by blazeup(m): 11:18am On Aug 15, 2015
gmyguy:
will let you know the outcome...
http://barsleaks.com/our-products/?category=all
Please lets us know the outcome .. Regards
Re: Rear Main Seal Repair Concentrate...stops Annoying Oil Leaks?! by Nobody: 12:08pm On Aug 15, 2015
blazeup:

Please lets us know the outcome .. Regards
didn't work.

I think i have major probs. I also tried AT-205, no luck
Re: Rear Main Seal Repair Concentrate...stops Annoying Oil Leaks?! by kingreign(m): 9:23am On Aug 16, 2015
gmyguy:

That didn't seat well with me, so further research into my problems and i discovered this preparation...So i ordered a box from the USA.

all these concentrates and additives people put in their cars are snake oil as said by my niqqur, Lomomike the ex gestapo and terrorist leader of cartalk section in time past cheesy cool

just yesterday or day before yesterday, I was parked somewhere listening to a favourite radio station and they brought in a guest who was marketing another gimmick a snake oil called XFT, claiming XFT cleans engines, makes your car stop burning more fuel, make emission cleaner and other bla bla bla...
I knew it was a mega lie he was dishing out to gullible Nigerians just as the uncle of the rebellious lomomike (no offence) bought a sham device called "Fuel shark" which plugs into the cigarette lighter of a car to improve its MPG.
like seriously, when did it got to this extent that enlightened Nigerians now fall for this shyyte. is it because we re living in a shyytehole country or what... makes me wonder what our PCs, phones, tablets and et all are for... we no longer conduct personal research, no longer think critically outside the box. will I say the down turn of the economy made our brain shrankas the economy is shrinking too? undecided

back to topic, that shyyte you bought can't work for its nothing but fkae fake.... a product of lie and deception
solution to you problem is change your engine.
Re: Rear Main Seal Repair Concentrate...stops Annoying Oil Leaks?! by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:38am On Aug 16, 2015
kingreign:

all these concentrates and additives people put in their cars are snake oil as said by my niqqur, Lomomike the ex gestapo and terrorist leader of cartalk section in time past cheesy cool

just yesterday or day before yesterday, I was parked somewhere listening to a favourite radio station and they brought in a guest who was marketing another gimmick a snake oil called XFT, claiming XFT cleans engines, makes your car stop burning more fuel, make emission cleaner and other bla bla bla...
I knew it was a mega lie he was dishing out to gullible Nigerians just as the uncle of the rebellious lomomike (no offence) bought a sham device called "Fuel shark" which plugs into the cigarette lighter of a car to improve its MPG.
like seriously, when did it got to this extent that enlightened Nigerians now fall for this shyyte. is it because we re living in a shyytehole country or what... makes me wonder what our PCs, phones, tablets and et all are for... we no longer conduct personal research, no longer think critically outside the box. will I say the down turn of the economy made our brain shrankas the economy is shrinking too? undecided

back to topic, that shyyte you bought can't work for its nothing but fkae fake.... a product of lie and deception

Please just change the leaking oil seal op.

2 Likes

Re: Rear Main Seal Repair Concentrate...stops Annoying Oil Leaks?! by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:39am On Aug 16, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Re: Rear Main Seal Repair Concentrate...stops Annoying Oil Leaks?! by Nobody: 9:45am On Aug 16, 2015
This is garbage.

If your front or rear crank main seal is leaking oil, the ONLY solution is to replace it. This rubbish works by making tired oil seals swell, in an attempt to make it fit more snugly in its recess. Unfortunately, this also makes it go soft, whereby it can actually get blown out by oil pressure, with catastrophic consequences.

3 Likes

Re: Rear Main Seal Repair Concentrate...stops Annoying Oil Leaks?! by Nobody: 9:53am On Aug 16, 2015
gmyguy:
the problem appears to be coming from the crankshaft/ Rear main seal.

That didn't seat well with me, so further research into my problems and i discovered this preparation...

I would wonder what your "research" entailed.

Because if you had chosen to research rear crank main seal replacement, you would have realised the seal replacement simply requires the transmission is removed, along with the the torque converter / drive plate or clutch / flywheel, to gain access to the crankshaft rear main seal. From start to finish, budget 4 hours, max 6 if your "mechanic" is a bone head like yours appears to be.

Engine overhaul? Lol. Sometimes I have no sympathy for guys that actively permit these roadside menaces to rip them off.

2 Likes

Re: Rear Main Seal Repair Concentrate...stops Annoying Oil Leaks?! by kingreign(m): 10:29am On Aug 16, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Please just change the leaking oil seal op.
op no talk say na oiyel seal.. him say engine dey leak oiyel

EDITED: oh I don see am from him thread, him say na the main rear oiyel seal dey leak oiyel.
Re: Rear Main Seal Repair Concentrate...stops Annoying Oil Leaks?! by Nobody: 8:05pm On Aug 16, 2015
kingreign:

MY neighbour has also suggested that. Perhaps i use the engine till it packs up then?
Re: Rear Main Seal Repair Concentrate...stops Annoying Oil Leaks?! by Nobody: 8:15pm On Aug 16, 2015
Siena:

I would wonder what your "research" entailed.

Because if you had chosen to research rear crank main seal replacement, you would have realised the seal replacement simply requires the transmission is removed, along with the the torque converter / drive plate or clutch / flywheel, to gain access to the crankshaft rear main seal. From start to finish, budget 4 hours, max 6 if your "mechanic" is a bone head like yours appears to be.

Engine overhaul? Lol. Sometimes I have no sympathy for guys that actively permit these roadside menaces to rip them off.

I did some research, but didn't find anything conclusive. That's how i discovered Bar's leaks and AT-205. I also follow some mechanic youtube channels...Scotty Kilmer and occasionally ask questions.

In the economic sense of it, I don't see a point spending too much money fixing a car without a significant after market value.

I once bought a jetta for 500k, used 150k to fix it when it got faulty, excluding the 25k monthly maintenance for >12months and 16k monthly fuel. Eventually sold off the car for 250k after using it for 18 months.

So, i tried using Honda place for servicing my car, but they have outrageous rates. My mechanics are 1) the guys Honda parts sellers recommend at Oyingbo where their parts are sold here and occasionally Mobil oil/ Total oil filling station mechanics, and they both independently arrived at that verdict. Honda Accord 2007 manual. However, if you can recommend another mechanic, i will check him out after weighing cost of a new engine vs replacing the seals
Re: Rear Main Seal Repair Concentrate...stops Annoying Oil Leaks?! by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:10pm On Aug 16, 2015
gmyguy:

I did some research, but didn't find anything conclusive. That's how i discovered Bar's leaks and AT-205. I also follow some mechanic youtube channels...Scotty Kilmer and occasionally ask questions.

In the economic sense of it, I don't see a point spending too much money fixing a car without a significant after market value.

I once bought a jetta for 500k, used 150k to fix it when it got faulty, excluding the 25k monthly maintenance for >12months and 16k monthly fuel. Eventually sold off the car for 250k after using it for 18 months.

So, i tried using Honda place for servicing my car, but they have outrageous rates. My mechanics are 1) the guys Honda parts sellers recommend at Oyingbo where their parts are sold here and occasionally Mobil oil/ Total oil filling station mechanics, and they both independently arrived at that verdict. Honda Accord 2007 manual. However, if you can recommend another mechanic, i will check him out after weighing cost of a new engine vs replacing the seals

I would love to see this car.

Free diagnosis, address is in my signature.

1 Like

Re: Rear Main Seal Repair Concentrate...stops Annoying Oil Leaks?! by Nobody: 11:57pm On Aug 16, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

I would love to see this car.

Free diagnosis, address is in my signature.

is that fagba?...i stay after v/i...will find time in 2 weeks...am so busy with work and the traffic of that area no be beans...but like siena said, i got another recommendation like that on youtube
Re: Rear Main Seal Repair Concentrate...stops Annoying Oil Leaks?! by Nobody: 11:57pm On Aug 16, 2015
Thank you all for sparing time...if i was ignorant, i wouldnt have started this topic. Thanks
Re: Rear Main Seal Repair Concentrate...stops Annoying Oil Leaks?! by dicksonadams(m): 7:21am On Nov 19, 2023
Thank you all for sparing time...if i was ignorant, i wouldnt have started this topic. Thanks

did you later VISIT gazzuzz

(1) (Reply)

SOLD Tokunbo Toyota Corolla 03, 1.65m SOLD SOLD SOLD / Airbus 'Transformer' Taxi That Can Be Picked Up By A Drone To The Sky (Photos). / The Fuel Consumption In My Honda Accord 2006, 4 Plugs Is Alarming

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.