Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,122 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:38 PM

Advice On How To Sell A Digital Video Tutorial Without Copying - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Advice On How To Sell A Digital Video Tutorial Without Copying (503 Views)

I Want To Sell A Ready-made Coldroom / Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon / Investor Wanted - I Want To Sell A Stake In My App. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice On How To Sell A Digital Video Tutorial Without Copying by mgolo(m): 2:39pm On May 29, 2015
dear all, we have a very short digital video tutorial for sale. We would not want it to be copied and sent to other people by early buyers. We would appreciate what to do, to overcome this. We will appreciate workable responses. Thank you.
Re: Advice On How To Sell A Digital Video Tutorial Without Copying by arbitrage: 4:10pm On May 29, 2015
mgolo:
dear all, we have a very short digital video tutorial for sale. We would not want it to be copied and sent to other people by early buyers. We would appreciate what to do, to overcome this. We will appreciate workable responses. Thank you.

I doubt if you can really control that but rather depend on the trust of early buyers. This is because if you make it downloadable after payment on your website, it will still take the trust of early buyers not to share their legally bought copy with their friends. If you make it on DVD and sell by postage, just think of entertainment DVDs out there in the market. It still depends on buyers not violating copyright rule. They may still show or share it with their family. The only way I have seen once was a UK website that sold real eBook to me in 2008/9. The document with its embedded videos have login and password to open after payment and downloading before you can read it on your computer. I thought that was all and I could open to read on another system but each requires log on again and validation by their system before you can view. It was real eBook and not the usual PDF we buy and download these days. But then, it still boils down to me not sharing my login and password with others after getting the access.I even tried to snip each page so that I won't need to login each time before reading but not possibly with the embedded videos.

1 Like

Re: Advice On How To Sell A Digital Video Tutorial Without Copying by mgolo(m): 8:45pm On May 29, 2015
We have decided to make it free @arbitrage
We are developing another business model to generate profit, though it will take time to build a crescendo of good profitability.
Thanks @arbitrage for taking time time to explain.
Re: Advice On How To Sell A Digital Video Tutorial Without Copying by arbitrage: 10:12pm On May 29, 2015
mgolo:
We have decided to make it free @arbitrage
We are developing another business model to generate profit, though it will take time to build a crescendo of good profitability.
Thanks @arbitrage for taking time time to explain.

It's my pleasure sir.

(1) (Reply)

Hire Your Drilling Mud Pump Machine / Recently Lifted Banned On Textiles Importation(business Opportunity) / Introducing Paragon Logistics Limited (3PL)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.