Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,008 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:42 AM

My Favorite Novel - Literature/Writing Ads - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Literature/Writing Ads / My Favorite Novel (516 Views)

I Need A Very Good Editor For My Novel I Want To Publish. / Erotic Romance Novel, Unhinged By His White Heat, For Free Download / A New And Smashing Nigeria Police Procedural Novel! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Favorite Novel by Kasimaramma2(f): 4:34pm On May 29, 2015
Readding is not just a hobby,buta way of expanding my tentacles to various fields.what is the best novel you have laid your hands on?can you give a synopsis of the plot?.....NB-dont mean overrated novels like purble hibiscus,or things fall apart'
Mine is THE JOYS OF MOTHERHOOD BY BUCHI EMECHETA.
Nnu ego was born out of wedlock to her father mistress,ona in ibusa.A maid of her father was brutally murdered for some trad... reasons.That maid spirit nevr gave nnu ego rest n made her life miserable.she married Amatokwu but was barren for years,Amatokwu married another woman n beat her half dead.she married Nnaife,who was very unattractive,she didnt like him but changed her mind when he gave her children.Nnu ego gave birth to a boy that died,in grief she attempted jumping down carter bridge until she was stoppd from commiting suicide.
All her life was full of hustling and raising children-seven in all and two abroad.Nnaife was sent to jail for attacking his daughter yoruba inlaw with a matchete.when he returned from prison,he was a broken man n lived the rest of his days with his new wife okpo.Nnu ego went to her father house where she was rejected n strted to live alone in ogboli.she was just fifty but she looked like a woman in her seventies due to hardship.she did not hear from her children who went abroad,but she bore it all until her senses started to give way.she used to wander in a sandy square called OTINKPU,where she told those that cared to listen that she had a son in EMEALIKA(she couldnt manage to pronounce the word america).one day,whilst wandering,she laid beside the road thinking she was on her bed,she died quietly.she was given a costly burial n a shrine built for her.stories however had it that she was a wicked spirit because anytime people went to her shrine to pray,she never answered.Nnu ego had it all,yet she refused to answer the prayers of people.

1 Like

Re: My Favorite Novel by Gabrendo(m): 10:49am On Jun 13, 2015
My favourite african novel is Ben okri's famished road
Re: My Favorite Novel by liveyourlife: 6:40pm On Jul 16, 2015
If Content is King, then the Writer is Queen. Monetize this Your Writing Talents.

Click Here!

(1) (Reply)

Content Writers /bloggers Needed / The Review Of ’21 Qualities Of Highly Attractive Women' / Entertainment Writers Wanted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.