Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,673 members, 7,820,362 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:41 PM

Help My Female GSD Is Refusing To Mate. What Sgould I Do? - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Help My Female GSD Is Refusing To Mate. What Sgould I Do? (2923 Views)

My GSD Is Aggressive Towards Me (Smart has died!!!) / How I Lost My Female German Shepherd Dog During Pregnancy. / My Female GSD Is Refusing To Mate With Male Dogs What Should I Do (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help My Female GSD Is Refusing To Mate. What Sgould I Do? by aguizm(m): 7:04pm On May 29, 2015
My 14 months old GSD that is on heat is refusing to mate. I got a male for her in her first few days of entering heat she refused the male mounting her, in fact she grew so aggressive towards the male. I had to consult Google and decided to wait a week and some days later for the bloody discharge to seize according to what I read online but she is still not playing balls. I had to get like 3 different studs still no show. What could be the cause.
Re: Help My Female GSD Is Refusing To Mate. What Sgould I Do? by adanduka: 7:08pm On May 29, 2015
She wants a Dangote rich stud wink

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help My Female GSD Is Refusing To Mate. What Sgould I Do? by elipheleh(m): 7:11pm On May 29, 2015
Those males are not rich. Must have been Nigeria bred dog

2 Likes

Re: Help My Female GSD Is Refusing To Mate. What Sgould I Do? by ITbomb(m): 7:29pm On May 29, 2015
Tie some dollar notes around the neck of the male if it is a Nigerian dog.
If it worked for human bitches, it should for the real bitchh

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help My Female GSD Is Refusing To Mate. What Sgould I Do? by aguizm(m): 8:06pm On May 29, 2015
adanduka:
She wants a Dangote rich stud wink
U don't sound funny bro

1 Like

Re: Help My Female GSD Is Refusing To Mate. What Sgould I Do? by arcbay(m): 8:22pm On May 29, 2015
You shld have brought this up in here before embarking on the mating thingy... Anyways, not too late. I'm sure it's her first time, that's the more reason she's reluctant. Notwithstanding, u need to wait till ovulation is at its peak, that'll be between 9-14 days depending on ur dog.

Also, u don't expect her to take it cool at the start... You need a setter, an expert to assist with the mating process.

1 Like

Re: Help My Female GSD Is Refusing To Mate. What Sgould I Do? by kolokolobi(m): 10:16pm On May 29, 2015
Apart from what arcbay had said some female dogs don't take to some male ones just like that. It may not be a bad idea to let her familiarise with the stu.d for a while. You'd see she is not far from being a bit.ch that she is actually.
Re: Help My Female GSD Is Refusing To Mate. What Sgould I Do? by aguizm(m): 11:53pm On May 29, 2015
arcbay:
You shld have brought this up in here before embarking on the mating thingy... Anyways, not too late. I'm sure it's her first time, that's the more reason she's reluctant. Notwithstanding, u need to wait till ovulation is at its peak, that'll be between 9-14 days depending on ur dog.

Also, u don't expect her to take it cool at the start... You need a setter, an expert to assist with the mating process.
Hmmm that means i took her out for mating too early and also too late. She is in her 18th day as i speak.Thanks for the advice boss.
Re: Help My Female GSD Is Refusing To Mate. What Sgould I Do? by aguizm(m): 11:57pm On May 29, 2015
kolokolobi:
Apart from what arcbay had said some female dogs don't take to some male ones just like that. It may not be a bad idea to let her familiarise with the stu.d for a while. You'd see she is not far from being a bit.ch that she is actually.
I had her returned to me after spending a day with the first stud because of her refusal and aggression on the stud. Got another stud again for her to my house , as I speak the stud has spent 3 good days now with her and still no show. Boss is it that I took her out for mating too early before the peak period of her heat or too late.
Re: Help My Female GSD Is Refusing To Mate. What Sgould I Do? by kolokolobi(m): 7:43am On May 30, 2015
Not necessarily. Back in the days I had a GSD that would turn against any stud I got to mate with her. I even got an experienced setter still no dice. On the next heat however I got a stud to stay over at my end and while I kept the stud sequested you could see she was flirting with him. When I was sure she will not be aggressive anymore I released both into same area with direct contact. I had barely turned my back and the stud was humping already. This went on for about 2 times within 3 hours and loads over the next three days. So I believe familiarisation is key. Although some studs are rabble rousing pros....They know how to get around some shakara bit.ches

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help My Female GSD Is Refusing To Mate. What Sgould I Do? by Eveezy(m): 11:55am On May 31, 2015
kolokolobi:
Not necessarily. Back in the days I had a GSD that would turn against any stud I got to mate with her. I even got an experienced setter still no dice. On the next heat however I got a stud to stay over at my end and while I kept the stud sequested you could see she was flirting with him. When I was sure she will not be aggressive anymore I released both into same area with direct contact. I had barely turned my back and the stud was humping already. This went on for about 2 times within 3 hours and loads over the next three days. So I believe familiarisation is key. Although some studs are rabble rousing pros....They know how to get around some shakara bit.ches
he has said it all, familiarisation is d key, I also have a female which on her second heat refused to mate cos d moment she showed aggression we took her to another stud and eventually gave up, on her third heat we brought in a stud, she would bark and show aggression, he was taken back and later brought back a week later, this time she was a lil bit calm cos wen we told her to stop and she would stop, we kept them together for some time, together in d sense that they could see themselves but restrained, we eventually kept them in same cage, they would bark at each other, the male was super aggressive too but only decided to be calm because of conji, after five days of them staying together, we almost gave up, then we saw that they were now calm with each other and she was now flirting with him, she would turn her backside to d male and the male thought that it was time for him to do shakara, so he barked at her and she ran but still came back, and before we knew it, they were mating, multiple rounds, d number I counted per day was twice but I was told they did it wen I was gone, and d next day it increased, they started mating on d seventh day of staying together

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help My Female GSD Is Refusing To Mate. What Sgould I Do? by aguizm(m): 12:16pm On May 31, 2015
kolokolobi:
Hmmm I would have come here for answers oooo before embarking on mating.
Re: Help My Female GSD Is Refusing To Mate. What Sgould I Do? by aguizm(m): 12:20pm On May 31, 2015
Am so full of regrets right now, I had to return the stud back to the owner after staying at my place for four days and the owner is insisting I pay for services not rendered ooo. I would have come here first before embarking on mating her. Yesterday made it 21 days since she came on heat, she is probably out of heat now.
Re: Help My Female GSD Is Refusing To Mate. What Sgould I Do? by Prodeegee(m): 9:33pm On May 31, 2015
aguizm:
Am so full of regrets right now, I had to return the stud back to the owner after staying at my place for four days and the owner is insisting I pay for services not rendered ooo. I would have come here first before embarking on mating her. Yesterday made it 21 days since she came on heat, she is probably out of heat now.

smiley sorrry bro

1 Like

Re: Help My Female GSD Is Refusing To Mate. What Sgould I Do? by okikiosibodu(m): 9:49pm On Oct 10, 2018
@Kolokolobi and Eveezy, was great learning from you two. Internet truly doesn't forget things
Re: Help My Female GSD Is Refusing To Mate. What Sgould I Do? by SaintAntonyfarm: 11:37am On Oct 11, 2018
aguizm:
I had her returned to me after spending a day with the first stud because of her refusal and aggression on the stud. Got another stud again for her to my house , as I speak the stud has spent 3 good days now with her and still no show. Boss is it that I took her out for mating too early before the peak period of her heat or too late.

I had very much same issues with my Eskimo. I just force mate and got very good results wink.
Re: Help My Female GSD Is Refusing To Mate. What Sgould I Do? by SaintAntonyfarm: 11:39am On Oct 11, 2018
aguizm:

Just force mate next time!
Re: Help My Female GSD Is Refusing To Mate. What Sgould I Do? by vinscent: 12:44pm On Oct 11, 2018
aguizm:

bro u r inexprnc...not all bitches agree to mate...esp d aggressive 1s at om...next time...look for an exprnx breeder wit a gud stud....u cn tie d mouth or muzzle d bitch...no mata hw crzy dt dog is...i will mate...1s ur tie a dog mouth....is a goal....d stud u moving to a new environs wont perform well lk its territory...
Re: Help My Female GSD Is Refusing To Mate. What Sgould I Do? by aguizm(m): 11:41pm On Oct 11, 2018
vinscent:

bro u r inexprnc...not all bitches agree to mate...esp d aggressive 1s at om...next time...look for an exprnx breeder wit a gud stud....u cn tie d mouth or muzzle d bitch...no mata hw crzy dt dog is...i will mate...1s ur tie a dog mouth....is a goal....d stud u moving to a new environs wont perform well lk its territory...

My dog is no more. It died precisely on the 8th of February 2017, its a day i don't wish to remember. It died with a month old pregnancy.
Re: Help My Female GSD Is Refusing To Mate. What Sgould I Do? by aguizm(m): 11:41pm On Oct 11, 2018
SaintAntonyfarm:

I had very much same issues with my Eskimo. I just force mate and got very good results wink.

My dog is no more.
Re: Help My Female GSD Is Refusing To Mate. What Sgould I Do? by Ogcruz: 6:05pm On Nov 09, 2018
I still don't understand o
Today makes my dog 14th day of the heat
She is still refusing and barks at any male that tries to mate her

(1) (Reply)

Pure Breed GSD Pups For Sale! / Pedigree Boerboel Available For Stud Service / 21 Rare Albino Animals That Are Stunningly Beautiful

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.