Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,926 members, 7,828,208 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:25 AM

Cashew Plantation Vs Palm Tree Plantation: Which Is More Profitable? - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Cashew Plantation Vs Palm Tree Plantation: Which Is More Profitable? (7927 Views)

Boy Falls Off Palm Tree And Dies In Anambra (Photo) / See What I Found In The Dead Palm Tree On Our Home Garden / Ooni Ogunwusi's Acres Of Cashew Plantation Excites NCAN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cashew Plantation Vs Palm Tree Plantation: Which Is More Profitable? by murshid09(m): 9:31pm On May 29, 2015
hello nairalanders.I have one acre of land presently and I'm contemplating on what cash crop to plant between cashew and palm tree. firstly let me quickly list similarities between the crops before little differences I know.both take 3 years before harvesting begin.(2)they are capital &labour intensive as per planting and harvesting.(3)both hate fire(4)at early stage farmer can plant other crops like plantain,cassava,maize,pineapple etc.(5)both can last for about 50yrs. DIFFERENCES:more cashew on the farm because it takes smaller space compare to palm tree. (2)palmtree undergo many processes than cashew nuts.(3) palm tree seed is expensive (4)there are lots of end products gain from palm tree but cashew has only Nuts.I love stop for now.pls any candid contributions.The QUestion now pls after harvesting which crop between the two is More PROFITABLE.waiting for your contribution with REASONS.

1 Like

Re: Cashew Plantation Vs Palm Tree Plantation: Which Is More Profitable? by leGeExus(m): 9:37pm On May 29, 2015
Ladies n Gentlemen,I want to introduce u to an incredible Gentleman goes by his name

Hgeexus
I dedicate dis FrontPage tin to my hit track #LeapYear get it via http://sunloaded.com/playlist9/hgesus-leap-year.

Another bang coming soon.thanks
Re: Cashew Plantation Vs Palm Tree Plantation: Which Is More Profitable? by psucc(m): 9:59pm On May 29, 2015
Better go for palm fruit.
Reason:

1. It does not require any form of treatment after the initial stage
2. Its yield is all round the year and you don't have to wait till the next season
3. They is a ready market for it at whatever stage of production
4. The value chain can be expanded to create employment.
etc.

1 Like

Re: Cashew Plantation Vs Palm Tree Plantation: Which Is More Profitable? by psucc(m): 9:59pm On May 29, 2015
Better go for palm fruit.
Reason:
q.
1. It does not require any form of treatment after the initial stage
2. Its yield is all round the year and you don't have to wait till the next season
3. They is a ready market for it at whatever stage of production
4. The value chain can be expanded to create employment.
etc.
Re: Cashew Plantation Vs Palm Tree Plantation: Which Is More Profitable? by murshid09(m): 10:02pm On May 29, 2015
pls genuine contributions with reasons from genuine farmers and not internet farmers.I go vex plant the two together if u don't help
Re: Cashew Plantation Vs Palm Tree Plantation: Which Is More Profitable? by murshid09(m): 6:59am On May 30, 2015
still waiting for more contributions
Re: Cashew Plantation Vs Palm Tree Plantation: Which Is More Profitable? by murshid09(m): 9:11am On May 30, 2015
still waiting
Re: Cashew Plantation Vs Palm Tree Plantation: Which Is More Profitable? by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:56pm On May 30, 2015
murshid09:
pls genuine contributions with reasons from genuine farmers and not internet farmers.I go vex plant the two together if u don't help
gringringrin
Plant the two together na and you will see what normally happen when 2 giant begin to drag space on your soil.

On a serious note, cashew is better than palm tree considering so.many factors

You will.need many acres of land for palm tree so that you can be able to add value to it as it will.not be profitable producing smaller quantity of palm fruit.

Cashew nut can be sold directly with or without processing.

You need processing facilities if you are venturing into palm tree production.
Re: Cashew Plantation Vs Palm Tree Plantation: Which Is More Profitable? by world1(m): 10:45pm On May 30, 2015
Lesgupnigeria:

gringringrin
Plant the two together na and you will see what normally happen when 2 giant begin to drag space on your soil.

On a serious note, cashew is better than palm tree considering so.many factors

You will.need many acres of land for palm tree so that you can be able to add value to it as it will.not be profitable producing smaller quantity of palm fruit.

Cashew nut can be sold directly with or without processing.

You need processing facilities if you are venturing into palm tree production.

Except you want to do a pilot project you can't plant any of these crops on 1 acre.
Re: Cashew Plantation Vs Palm Tree Plantation: Which Is More Profitable? by murshid09(m): 10:01am On May 31, 2015
thanks very much.needs more confusing reasons
Re: Cashew Plantation Vs Palm Tree Plantation: Which Is More Profitable? by Lesgupnigeria(m): 10:20pm On May 31, 2015
world1:

Except you want to do a pilot project you can't plant any of these crops on 1 acre.
Planting them on 1acre might not be all that profitable but if cashew and palm are planted on the same 1acre,you will get more from cashew than palm.
Re: Cashew Plantation Vs Palm Tree Plantation: Which Is More Profitable? by murshid09(m): 4:46pm On Jun 01, 2015
thank u sirs.more contributions
Re: Cashew Plantation Vs Palm Tree Plantation: Which Is More Profitable? by Anthrophile(m): 7:30pm On Jun 01, 2015
Palm plantation. proceeds from its products can sustain you year round. Imagine palm nuts,palm kernel oil and cake, fuel fibres, palm oil, broom sticks, palm wine, etc all at your beck and call. I tell you, your products will be needed by a wide range of people compared to what a cashew plantation can deliver.

2 Likes

Re: Cashew Plantation Vs Palm Tree Plantation: Which Is More Profitable? by murshid09(m): 8:38pm On Jun 01, 2015
hmmm.palm trees?pls more contributions.I'm grateful
Re: Cashew Plantation Vs Palm Tree Plantation: Which Is More Profitable? by murshid09(m): 6:23am On Jun 21, 2015
more contributions. OGA hotmas no dey for naira land again?what about doctor issa

1 Like

Re: Cashew Plantation Vs Palm Tree Plantation: Which Is More Profitable? by murshid09(m): 10:45pm On Jan 27, 2016
PLS MORE REASONR
Re: Cashew Plantation Vs Palm Tree Plantation: Which Is More Profitable? by AHAIFARM: 2:21pm On Jan 31, 2016
Adding values to farm produce commands more proce. value added to palm is easier . oga you mentioned palm winfe. this is possible after the tree is felled.
Re: Cashew Plantation Vs Palm Tree Plantation: Which Is More Profitable? by imhere: 2:42pm On Apr 27, 2018
If you are looking for a farming business that can secure your future, the best bet is Oil Palm Farming. It doesn't take a decade any more before you start getting returns from
it. In less than 4 years you are already smiling your way to the bank.

To know more about this and how you can successfully raise an oil palm plantation you can read it up here.

http://www.enibest.com.ng/oil-palm-farming/
Re: Cashew Plantation Vs Palm Tree Plantation: Which Is More Profitable? by imhere: 8:25am On May 03, 2018
Cashew farming business is as lucrative as Oil Palm farming. It is a long term earning, in less than 3 years you are already making a hit.

Someone once said Agriculture is a business and not a project, that's nothing but tge truth. Why don't you try cashew business out,, you will be glad you did. For now there is shortage in supply globally so marketing them isn't a problem....
http://www.enibest.com.ng/cashew-farming/

(1) (Reply)

More than 100 Acres Of Fertile Farm Land In Ijebu Igbo, Ogun State / Can You Supply Us With Good Agric Products? We Will Provide You With Capital. / List Of 19 Agric Products You Can Export From Nigeria And Make Dollars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.