Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,560 members, 7,820,026 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:37 AM

Some Blackberry 10 Tips N Tricks - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Some Blackberry 10 Tips N Tricks (916 Views)

5 Reasons Why You Should Choose Blackberry 10 Over Android / 10 Tips To Keep Your Phone Safe And Private / Get Google Play Store On Blackberry 10 Devices (OS 10.3+) - Android Version (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Some Blackberry 10 Tips N Tricks by samsard(m): 9:40pm On May 29, 2015
there are a few BlackBerry 10 tips and tricks that some users and newbies are still not aware of, especially on the keyboard
1) Swiping left-wards with a finger on your Keyboard deletes a word in your text editing box. Swiping with two brings deletes two words
2) Swiping upwards on a word that appears on your Keyboard inputs the same word in your Keyboard
3) Pressing any alphabet on the keyboard for up to 2 seconds capitalizes the alphabet
4) To bring down quick settings within an app without minimizing just swipe down with two thumbs (OS 10.3 upwards only)
5) To change the position of a minimized app on your home-screen, press such an app until it pulsate then drag to the desired position (OS 10.3 upwards)
6) Holding down the camera icon on the Lock-screen launches your camera regardless of wether or not your phone is locked (passworded) this is important for quick shots.
7) For the newbies, Swiping upwards from the bottom edge of your screen minimizes an app
cool To pull out the settings for any
native built for BlackBerry 10 app (like BBM, BlackBerry World and Whatsapp) simply swipe down form the top edge of your device within the app
9) To close or minimize your Keyboard, just press and hold the space-bar key for 2-3 seconds.
10) To reveal your symbols on your Keyboard, just swipe down on your Keyboard.
11) If you install a HD android game with data file, put the data/obb file in device/misc/android/data or OBB folder, data files placed in memory card will not work with installed gamed
12) To use Flash Share on BlackBerry 10 (between BB10 and Android only). First of all create a group on the android device, then switch on your Wifi, after which it will search and bring results like ADYBWFGdh8, just tap to that Wifi device name and connect after which you'll launch Flash Share, search, and join your friends 'already' created connection on the Android device after which you can now send to fro the Android device!
12) To delete an app, press and hold the app icon for 3 seconds
13) To check or bring up your OS version, type: "myver" without the quotation marks. For BlackBerry PIN, type: "mypin" without the quotation marks.
grin Nairalanders can add tips and tricks I may have left out.
For questions about BlackBerry 10 devices, go to the BlackBerry 10 devices thread https://www.nairaland.com/1241247/blackberry-10-devices-home-z10

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Some Blackberry 10 Tips N Tricks by dhorlipizzu(m): 9:45pm On May 29, 2015
Nice job boss.... I owe u one bottle of origin bitters... op explain more on the flashshare stuff... don't understand wah u meant by creating a group
Re: Some Blackberry 10 Tips N Tricks by samsard(m): 10:10pm On May 29, 2015
dhorlipizzu:
Nice job boss.... I owe u one bottle of origin bitters... op explain more on the flashshare stuff... don't understand wah u meant by creating a group
In flash share app, you'll see an icon for connect phone. That's where you get the option to create a group or join an existing connection + I think I'll take Fayrouz over Orijin at this moment. wink

(1) (Reply)

Apple Inc. Shows Innovative Iphone 7 Concept / List Of All Mobile Phones Prices And Specifications In One Place / My Samsung Got Blank This Morning..what Can I Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.