Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,054 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:17 AM

lost my dad 20 years ago . my experience. share yours - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / lost my dad 20 years ago . my experience. share yours (827 Views)

Twins Adorably Recreate Childhood Photo From 20 Years Ago / Mia And Rozonno McGhee That Had Sextuplets 6 Years Ago Vs Now (Photos) / I Snubbed Him 12 Years Ago In School, Today We Have 3 Kids (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

lost my dad 20 years ago . my experience. share yours by ademega(m): 8:29am On May 30, 2015
Exactly , 20 years ago I lost my dad . I was still a very small boy in pry 3 and I had other younger ones too. so many failed promises . for good 15 years we didn't see any family member let alone one lending a helping hand . the struggle was dirty and painful . meanwhile ,while dad was still alive ,we had more that 5 relatives staying with us . and only God knows how many had stayed with us and benefited from his philanthropic acts . just tell my dad your son has been academically unserious or you want to stop his schooling cos of school fees ,the next is mum receiving a visitor . not only that dad was everywhere ,uniting the family members and attending to every family problems for solution . as small as I was , during the burial ,I could still remember comments how my dad has helped one individual or the other and making them what they were . the funniest was subsequent promise of how they will extend the same kind gesture to his children and wife . in fact , I was tanking God in my small kid mind that it was good to lose ones father oh. Not knowing that was the beginning of suffering .
One of my uncles promised to take me down to his base to further my education . I did nessarry things and I left my school . I stayed at home for good 3 months without seen uncle . I only set my eyes on him after ten years .

There are days of hunger , days of rag clothes on , Christmas of normal EBA and okrosoup when slippers was the shoe .

The horrific life of changing from 3 bedroom apartment to a room and parlour in a face me ,I face you house where properties were dismantled to fit in the new abode .

The agoney of changing from private school to public school.
In all, like I do say we scaled through beyond anybody's expectation.
Thanks to God and mum who sacrifice all to give us the best .
We are yet to get their but right now we have all the reasons to thank God every minute .

1 Like

Re: lost my dad 20 years ago . my experience. share yours by kennyman20(m): 9:19am On May 30, 2015
ademega:
Exactly , 20 years ago I lost my dad . I was still a very small boy in pry 3 and I had other younger ones too. so many failed promises . for good 15 years we didn't see any family member let alone one lending a helping hand . the struggle was dirty and painful . meanwhile ,while dad was still alive ,we had more that 5 relatives staying with us . and only God knows how many had stayed with us and benefited from his philanthropic acts . just tell my dad your son has been academically serious or you Dont have u want to stop his schooling cos of school fees ,the next is mum receiving a visitor . not only that dad was everywhere ,uniting the family members and attending to every family problems for solution . as small as I was , during the burial ,I could still remember comments how my dad has helped one individual or the other and making them what they were . the funniest was subsequent promise of how they will extend the same kind gesture to his children and wife . in fact , I was tanking God in my small kid mind that its good to lose ones father oh. Not knowing that was the beginning of suffering .
One of my uncles promised to take me down to his base to further my education . I did nessarry things and I left my school . I stayed at home for good 3 months without seen uncle . I only set my eyes on him after ten years .

There are days of hunger , days of rag clothes on , Christmas of normal EBA and okrosoup when slippers was the shoe .

The horrific life of changing from 3 bedroom apartment to a room and parlour in a face me ,I face you house where properties were dismantled to fit in the new abode .

The agoney of changing from private school to public school
We are yet to get their but right now we have all the reasons to thank God every minute .

bro, everyone has got his or her own story.. Thank God u're able to scale through.. Wish u all d very best!
Re: lost my dad 20 years ago . my experience. share yours by adebayour26: 9:43am On May 30, 2015
15 years ago, precisely Sept 3, 2000; which was suppose to be his Birthday was actually his Death day. Being the last born & still young, I wasn't too bothered but I knew something was not right. Just as d Op said, there were promises. My Dad as I knew him was a very disciplined man, yet friendly & jovial.

To d Op, one mutual quality between ur Dad & my Dad was d active involvement in family affair....
To cut d whole story short, 15 years all the way has not been a joke at all. We 've had experiences that are good, bad & ugly but we can say God is so faithful through it all.

(1) (Reply)

What Is Wrong With This Picture / Is This Generation Ungrateful? Just Curious / Check Out This Unusual Wedding Ceremony

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.