Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,688 members, 7,955,580 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 09:42 AM

Watch: Paranoia Short Film - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Watch: Paranoia Short Film (13433 Views)

MUSTAPHA (anti-terrorism)- A Short Film By Mr Umanu Elijah / 'Action Film'- A Short Film Script By Sholay2011 / Poster For The Shortfilm- 'Paranoia' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Watch: Paranoia Short Film by Originalsly: 9:35pm On Jun 03, 2015
About the actors.....are they local?...are they professional?.....I'm watching the flix and kept doubting myself if more than 3 of our celebrity actors....bar none.... could have been so impressive. Talent starving for opportunity.

1 Like

Re: Watch: Paranoia Short Film by sholay2011(m): 9:40pm On Jun 03, 2015
Originalsly:
About the actors.....are they local?...are they professional?.....I'm watching the flix and kept doubting myself if more than 3 of our celebrity actors....bar none.... could have been so impressive. Talent starving for opportunity.
Looool.

Cnario, oya come answer where you get Seun and Judith oo? cheesy
Re: Watch: Paranoia Short Film by Nobody: 11:39pm On Jun 03, 2015
Originalsly:

sholay2011:

Looool.
Cnario, oya come answer where you get Seun and Judith oo? cheesy

I don't know how to begin answering this question, but I'll try anyhow.

First of all, Nollywood as we know it is full of mediocre actors, even though there is an abundance of real talents out there. There is a whole new underground Nollywood on the rise. Many of the actors in this category are not in a rush to get fame, they are not ready to cut corners to achieve success. They are working their way, one project at a time, up the ladder.

Judith Audu and Seun Kentebe are thorough professionals. I have monitored Seun's career for about 3yrs, so from the very moment I made up my mind I was going to shoot pArANoia, I knew he was the perfect actor for the job. For the Funmi role, I had a handful of people in mind, but when I sought Seun's opinion, he recommended Judith. I'd known Judith from afar, so I was like "Judith? As in Judith Audu? I can't afford Judith o! She's a big star". He promised to talk to her. She instantly fell in love with the script when I sent it to her, and the rest is history.

I'll like to work with them again, and so many other super-talented actors that I've been privileged to meet via nolly.com.ng.

In future projects, I'd like to work with Deyemi Okonlawon (absolutely!), Kiki Omeili (my only crush in Nollywood), Keira Hewatch, Hannah Ojo, Czar Ezeoke, Sandra 'Sanzye' Eze, Onajite, Chinenye Ike, Reginald Eze, just to mention a few.
Re: Watch: Paranoia Short Film by ugojamali(m): 7:55am On Jun 06, 2015
Hahahaha very nice movie. It dragged a bit in the beginning for me. Too much dialogue. Almost lost interest but the wait was well worth it. Events quickly escalated and I got sucked in.

Story, they say, is King. Yeah this movie got everything almost right. Nice picture. Good production design. I even see that the film maker observed the sacred rule of thirds so lacking in most nollywood films (keeping characters to the sides of the frame). Granted sound may have disappointed a bit. But then, sound is our major technical problem in film making. But what stands out for me is the story. And the writer.

You see the writer led me on a false path. I went into the house with the guy expecting to witness a murder, maybe a multiple murder. Instead I met the craziest woman ever. Totally hilarious... Totally eerie. Wow. And as he left the house, I felt his dream life vanishing.

You did a great job.

2 Likes

Re: Watch: Paranoia Short Film by sholay2011(m): 8:09am On Jun 06, 2015
ugojamali:
Hahahaha very nice movie. It dragged a bit in the beginning for me. Too much dialogue. Almost lost interest but the wait was well worth it. Events quickly escalated and I got sucked in.

Story, they say, is King. Yeah this movie got everything almost right. Nice picture. Good production design. I even see that the film maker observed the sacred rule of thirds so lacking in most nollywood films (keeping characters to the sides of the frame). Granted sound may have disappointed a bit. But then, sound is our major technical problem in film making. But what stands out for me is the story. And the writer.

You see the writer led me on a false path. I went into the house with the guy expecting to witness a murder, maybe a multiple murder. Instead I met the craziest woman ever. Totally hilarious... Totally eerie. Wow. And as he left the house, I felt his dream life vanishing.

You did a great job.
Your comments are life-giving. grin

Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Watch: Paranoia Short Film by Nobody: 9:57am On Jun 06, 2015
ugojamali:

You did a great job.

Thanks, glad you like it.

1 Like

Re: Watch: Paranoia Short Film by ugojamali(m): 10:26am On Jun 06, 2015
cnario:

Thanks, glad you like it.

Oh yes I liked it very much! I'll watch out for more.
Re: Watch: Paranoia Short Film by Nobody: 10:43am On Aug 23, 2015
Hi Cnario i cant access the mail i used for my nl. Can u mail me on this email instead pls?
Re: Watch: Paranoia Short Film by Nobody: 2:05am On Sep 07, 2015
They've said it all. Congrats Sholay! Good work Cnario smiley...Really enjoyed this short. And I'm sorry for being late..... *Road to Afrinolly competition!!! Yay!!!*

1 Like

Re: Watch: Paranoia Short Film by sholay2011(m): 2:11am On Sep 07, 2015
speedyboi:
They've said it all. Congrats Sholay! Good work Cnario smiley...Really enjoyed this short. And I'm sorry for being late..... *Road to Afrinolly competition!!! Yay!!!*
undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Watch: Paranoia Short Film by Nobody: 2:36am On Sep 07, 2015
sholay2011:

undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

What na?
Re: Watch: Paranoia Short Film by sholay2011(m): 2:40am On Sep 07, 2015
speedyboi:

What na?
Where have you been? !!!
Re: Watch: Paranoia Short Film by Nobody: 2:44am On Sep 07, 2015
sholay2011:

Where have you been? !!!

ema binu sir. Oke tibi niko je kari tohun. And off I go again....A mama see saw lerra wink grin cheesy

Congrats on the short once again smiley
Re: Watch: Paranoia Short Film by sholay2011(m): 2:47am On Sep 07, 2015
speedyboi:

ema binu sir. Oke tibi niko je kari tohun. And off I go again....A mama see saw lerra wink grin cheesy

Hmmm...thanks

1 Like

Re: Watch: Paranoia Short Film by prof800(m): 8:22am On Sep 07, 2015
speedyboi:

Írunmolè..! shocked

1 Like

Re: Watch: Paranoia Short Film by Nobody: 12:01pm On Oct 01, 2015
prof800:

Írunmolè..! shocked
grin
Re: Watch: Paranoia Short Film by creamynuela88: 2:28pm On Nov 03, 2015
creamynuela88:
This is so good! And funny too. Pls do I have permission to share?

Yes u do

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Which Old Movie Did U Watch On VHS Cassette / BBNaija S9: Ocee Reveals He Is Expecting First Child With Partner / Your Favourite Love Scenes In Movies?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.