Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,810 members, 7,956,068 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:54 PM

Diary Of An African Teen. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Diary Of An African Teen. (1818 Views)

"Emediong"(the Gods Have Blessed) An African Traditional Love Story / Diary Of An African Teen. / Ogbanje (an African Fantasy) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Diary Of An African Teen. by Nobody: 11:00pm On May 30, 2015
Note: This is purely fictional. It's my first story here and I hope you guys enjoy it.
Happy reading...

CHAPTER 1: MOI
I suppose you expect me to start with Dear diary. Right? Lol Fat chance.
Why would I do that? I'd rather take a different approach.

In case you don't know Dear Exercise Book, I'm Peace. Friends call me Pixie anyway so...feel free to do so.

The basic things you have to know are...I'm 15 years. The type you don't meet everyday. I'm Special...Weird... Different... Wise beyond my years...OK enough

My hobbies are cooking, dancing (If hopping like a diseased monkey classifies as dancing),reading (nothing overly educational please, thanks), and well...singing.

I sing like Florence Nightingale...mostly in my dreams anyway.

Before I forget, I should probably add my vices too. I only got one vice anyway.

Staring at cute guys.

Hey bookie don't gimme that look jor. It's perfectly normal, healthy even. I'm not alone in that. You, you, you and you...Okay I'm getting unhinged.

I'm Unifriendular! If you sweated through biology in School instead of letting people write on you, I bet you'd understand what I mean by that.
I have just one friend...She's cool and sweet and the best thing that ever...

I can't believe I'm starting to sound like a Lesbo. What? You don't know what that is? Arrgh books! What do they know?

So...that's just a little about me dear Yellow Exercise book. We'll get closer next time. Right now...I'm off to Facebook. There's this cute guy, he gives me the feels (really)

And...ironically he calls me SWEET BABY SIS!!! Of all the...!!!!!

Goodnight dear Yellow whatever... I need privacy to cry.
Re: Diary Of An African Teen. by ifex370(m): 12:06am On May 31, 2015
incase
Re: Diary Of An African Teen. by Nobody: 12:37am On May 31, 2015
ifex370:
incase

Noted. Thanks
Re: Diary Of An African Teen. by Nobody: 1:50am On May 31, 2015
CHAPTER 2: The most embarrassing thing!

Dear diary,
I'll go with this now...can't keep to that 'Yellowish book' stuff.

You'll agree with me that there's nothing worse than getting embarrassed in the presence of your dream guy, right?

If that annoying, always pregnant, fat irritant I have as an English Mistress in School ever gets back to her favourite essay topic 'The Day I Can Never Forget', I'll be sure to ace the test.

Today, Something unforgettable transpired, it has upset the balance of my world! I feel myself being sucked into a vortex.

Don't go serious on me now. I'm just being me. To the topic at hand.

I attend a nice school. Really, I love my school. It's in a quiet environment, conducive for learning. It's quite large and it's swarming with children of the elite. Those infuriating beings with their upturned noses. Pshaw.

They're the major reason I try so... hard to fit in! How else would I get Jesse to notice me? With girls like Adeola (a.k.a Idi mosquito) and Rhoda perching around him like pathetic flies. Hmm

I left late for school today. Jenny's fault. I waited for her at the bus stop but she wouldn't show up. I dialed her Screecher (Cell phone) and she picked on the third ring.
"Hey freak! What's keeping you?", I whined and shivered as the cold morning air rattled my bones through the thin layers of my school shirt. "I'm freezing out here"

"I'm sorry Pixie, no school for me today", Jenny replied. "Tobi's got the mumps. Have to watch him"

"Oh alright. Have fun while I run"

"That was dry" She deadpanned.

"What?"

"That thing you did with 'fun and run'. Were you trying to cook a rhyme or something?" Jenny burst into laughter.

I should probably warn you about Jenny's laughter. It's maniacal, depraved and purely evil. The type that freezes the blood and blah, blah, blah.

I was all by myself in school. Loner facade being my idea of coolness, I stayed alone till break time.

Rita, a slim dark girl three rows behind me walked up to me and sat on my desk. I totally ignored her. My eyes fixed on Jesse. Rhoda and a buxom new girl with a face like an Indian were clutching him like their worthless lives depended on it!

"Fools", I muttered aloud.

"What was that?" Rita asked? Apparently she'd been telling me something and I wasn't quite listening. Something about Zipper patterns, I grappled for something to say and finally managed a pathetic squeaky reply.

"Uh...nothing. You were saying?"

"Stand up, let me see your zipper", She drawled with a look of longsuffering in her eyes.

I looked towards Jesse's seat and noticed his attention was on us. I seized the opportunity...no harm in showing some flesh, Eh?
I stood and pulled my shirt from my waistband. Taking higher than was required, hoping he was still looking. I paid no attention to Rita who was poking at my zipper
"Ahhh!", I screamed. I was jarred brutally into reality. Rita had let go of my skirt, letting it fall freely and unhindered to the ground.

I was stark naked.

OK, that's a bit if an exaggeration but hey, I only had on my old comfy Minnie mouse short pant. The one with a mile wide hole at it's base.

My secret was exposed for all to see. Laughter exploded around me. It was like a dream. Even Jesse was looking and laughing. I'm so...done with him.

I'm tired Diary. I'll probably have swollen fingers tomorrow. Goodnight.

P.S: I'll just branch into Fb and bid him goodnight. You know who I mean.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:
OK. That was a long one. If you read, comment and tell me what you think. Imagine I'm drowning and the comment is s lifeline you're tossing me. LOL.

Re: Diary Of An African Teen. by Hawlahscho(m): 2:11am On May 31, 2015
who knows.
Re: Diary Of An African Teen. by Hawlahscho(m): 2:12am On May 31, 2015
GeeIsQueen:

Noted. Thanks
Lol
it seems you don't know what he means by in case. grin
Re: Diary Of An African Teen. by Hawlahscho(m): 2:12am On May 31, 2015
ifex370:
incase
Forget. it can't. grin
Re: Diary Of An African Teen. by Nobody: 6:58am On May 31, 2015
Hawlahscho:

Lol

it seems you don't know what he means by in case. grin

Uh...no, I don't. What does he mean?
Re: Diary Of An African Teen. by Dahprech(f): 7:38am On May 31, 2015
Hy geeisqueen u know am actually enjying d story just do good to update and finish it pls dont leave it halfway

1 Like

Re: Diary Of An African Teen. by Hawlahscho(m): 8:22am On May 31, 2015
GeeIsQueen:

Uh...no, I don't. What does he mean?

In case the thread makes front-page cool
Re: Diary Of An African Teen. by Nobody: 10:32am On May 31, 2015
Dahprech:
Hy geeisqueen u know am actually enjying d story just do good to update and finish it pls dont leave it halfway

Thanks a lot. I'm working on the update
Re: Diary Of An African Teen. by Nobody: 3:26pm On May 31, 2015
CHAPTER 3: The Funniest Yet

Dear Diary, [17th November 2013]
Yo, bookie. You know those moments that never fail to crack you up anytime you recall them? Well...I got one of those moments now!

Jenny thinks it's not funny. She thinks I'm mean. Ha! Well, I think she's a pest too. A rat precisely.

Last night, on a whim, I came online on 2go. Funny right? I haven't done that in months. So, I was online and guess who I saw?

XAVIER!

You don't know him right? I'll introduce you guys later. He's my 2go bestie. Lol. Had lots of good times, we did. (Reminiscing)

We got talking...or chatting. Anyone you wish to call it.

XAVIER: Hey, Peaches.

ME: Howdy handsome?

You just cringed right? Me too. I can't believe I actually texted him that. Let's continue.

XAVIER: Where the hell 've you been bae?

ME: Been around ya know, just growing up.

XAVIER: Hmm, weirdo. So, we've never really talked about your relationship status. You're dating right?

ME: Nah...

I activated my inner self. The mischievous, naughty side of me.

XAVIER: Really now? Why's that?

ME: You don't wanna know

XAVIER: Hit me

ME: Uh...I'm not into guys.

XAVIER: What? (confused emoticon) What're you into then?

ME: What's the opposite of boys? Tam, don't make me say this.

XAVIER: Girls!!?

ME: Yeah. You're probably disgusted now, hmm?

XAVIER: Uh...it's big to get by but I'm definitely not disgusted. Peaches, this isn't a prank, is it?

ME: I wish it was. I shouldn't have told you this. Tam, you hate me now right?

XAVIER: No, no Peaches. Don't be so hard on yourself. I only feel...you could have told me this earlier. I'll never judge you.

ME: (Crying emoticon) I'm sorry. So...so sorry. I'm going off. Really hate myself now.

XAVIER:.....Typing.....

I went offline! I had a really great laugh. Woke Ada from her snoring fit. Haha. So...funny.

Wait, don't give me that look, it was a joke. Really...you don't think I'm...

No way! I was joking with Tam. I'm strictly BOY-LY.

Have about 27 missed calls from him. Maybe he thinks I'm turning suicidal! That's the furthest thing from my mind. I love life too much for that.

A girl must always have fun oh. I'll tell him twas a joke later. He'll hate and ignore me for a week or so but, he'll come around eventually.

That's all. It's 10:43pm and...I gotta pee.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

OK. Happy Sunday. I'm putting a lot of effort into this and I sincerely wish you'll pause to comment! Bye...I gotta pee. Lol.
Re: Diary Of An African Teen. by ifex370(m): 6:24pm On May 31, 2015
Hawlahscho:

Forget. it can't. grin

who am I kidding... shit ain't going nowhere grin

no offence geels ,, we appreciate wink

1 Like

Re: Diary Of An African Teen. by Nobody: 6:53pm On May 31, 2015
ifex370:

who am I kidding... shit ain't going nowhere grin

no offence geels ,, we appreciate wink

Lol. Thanks. You've been noticed.
Re: Diary Of An African Teen. by chukwusi(m): 11:03pm On May 31, 2015
following

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Diary Of An African Teen. by SofiaAmrozia(f): 11:17pm On May 31, 2015
Ur story's cool. Kinda lyk me u knw. M followin u all d way. Rock on!
Re: Diary Of An African Teen. by Nobody: 3:30am On Jun 01, 2015
SofiaAmrozia:
Ur story's cool. Kinda lyk me u knw. M followin u all d way. Rock on!

Thanks dear. I'll update soon

(1) (Reply)

Romantic Novel! Check It Out! / Please Don't Scream / +18 THE PERFECT COUPLE (episode 7)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.