Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,815 members, 7,817,363 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:00 AM

What Type Of Battery Should I Go For? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Type Of Battery Should I Go For? (1406 Views)

What Type Of Car Can 750k Buy At This Time? / What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? / Advice Needed Should I Go For This Car? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Type Of Battery Should I Go For? by billy187(m): 11:17am On May 31, 2015
I have reached that feared point in the life of every motorist where my battery has decided to meet that Big Battery in the sky. grin

I will definitely have to buy another this week, but before that I would love to know which type of battery would most likely last longer-a maintenance free battery or one you have to top up now and then? What brand would be the best choice?

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Re: What Type Of Battery Should I Go For? by Lexusgs430: 4:40pm On May 31, 2015
For a normal car or start and stop technology?
Re: What Type Of Battery Should I Go For? by billy187(m): 10:32pm On May 31, 2015
Lexusgs430:
For a normal car or start and stop technology?

Its for a normal car boss. Its a 2003 Ford Focus SE wagon. The old battery; a Maintenance Free Bosche S3 lasted me a little over 2 years. Seems it lasted a tad too short for me though.
Re: What Type Of Battery Should I Go For? by billy187(m): 7:54pm On Jun 01, 2015
I really need your help here guys!
Re: What Type Of Battery Should I Go For? by sooperrescue(m): 5:22am On Jun 03, 2015
Any battery that has the manufacturing date in 2014 minimum

1 Like

Re: What Type Of Battery Should I Go For? by billy187(m): 6:15am On Jun 03, 2015
sooperrescue:
Any battery that has the manufacturing date in 2014 minimum

Thanks alot! How do i tell the manufacturing date? is it stamped on it or something?

1 Like

Re: What Type Of Battery Should I Go For? by sooperrescue(m): 7:11am On Jun 03, 2015
Ob top of the batterym you will see year and month. It should Start counting from 2014
Re: What Type Of Battery Should I Go For? by billy187(m): 1:12pm On Jun 03, 2015
sooperrescue:
Ob top of the batterym you will see year and month. It should Start counting from 2014
Thanks alot! You've been of great help!
Re: What Type Of Battery Should I Go For? by Kashif(m): 6:26pm On Jun 03, 2015
Delcor has never disappointed me. The last one lasted 34 months.
Re: What Type Of Battery Should I Go For? by billy187(m): 9:10am On Jun 04, 2015
Kashif:
Delcor has never disappointed me. The last one lasted 34 months.
Thanks!! do you have to top it up now and then?
Re: What Type Of Battery Should I Go For? by Kashif(m): 11:12am On Jun 04, 2015
billy187:

Thanks!! do you have to top it up now and then?

It is maintenance free.
Re: What Type Of Battery Should I Go For? by cretin: 3:06pm On Jun 05, 2015
billy187:
I have reached that feared point in the life of every motorist where my battery has decided to meet that Big Battery in the sky. grin

I will definitely have to buy another this week, but before that I would love to know which type of battery would most likely last longer-a maintenance free battery or one you have to top up now and then? What brand would be the best choice?

Thanks in advance!

IF U HVNT BOUGHT ALREADY THEN GOOD .

GO ONLINE, CHECK THE CCA RATING OF THE STANDARD/FOLO COME BATTERY FOR UR CAR...THEN WHEN U go market,, ensure the cca of the batt u r buying is at least upto the cca of the factory battery, gobe are the days when people buy batts based on only 12v 70amp/60amp etc......

cca and rca na the baba
cca = cold cranking amperes...ensure this is above 550, guessing judging by ur car size, xcheck to confirm
rca = reserve capacity amps ...ensure this is above 125mins
Re: What Type Of Battery Should I Go For? by billy187(m): 3:31pm On Jun 05, 2015
cretin:

IF U HVNT BOUGHT ALREADY THEN GOOD .

GO ONLINE, CHECK THE CCA RATING OF THE STANDARD/FOLO COME BATTERY FOR UR CAR...THEN WHEN U go market,, ensure the cca of the batt u r buying is at least upto the cca of the factory battery, gobe are the days when people buy batts based on only 12v 70amp/60amp etc......

cca and rca na the baba
cca = cold cranking amperes...ensure this is above 550, guessing judging by ur car size, xcheck to confirm
rca = reserve capacity amps ...ensure this is above 125mins

Thanks so much for this timely info!! I meant to buy the battery yesterday but fortunately heavy rains have kept me pretty much indoors-will surely use this. God bless you!

(1) (Reply)

Help I Need Tracker For My Newly Pruchased MAN DIESEL For Logistics / Need N300k Nigerian Used Car / Nigerians Bashes Man Who Claims His 4 Car Tyres Damaged By Lekki Flood Cost N5m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.