Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,704 members, 7,813,325 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:51 AM

Domain Name Registration, Webmaster Please Help With Suggestions - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Domain Name Registration, Webmaster Please Help With Suggestions (545 Views)

Experienced Webmaster, Please Help / Webmaster Please Explain This Pix / All Webmaster Please Assist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Domain Name Registration, Webmaster Please Help With Suggestions by Nobody: 1:54pm On May 31, 2015
I am a newbie Webmasters, I want Gurus in the house to help me out.
What determines where your webpages is located? what I mean is this, for instance www.punchng.com will only appear on Nigeria webpages in google, what determines that? Assuminmg I want my website to appear on webpages located in the UK or US, what do I do. Explaining futher, the example I gave www. punchng.com, the website will not appear as webpages domiciled in US (for instance), how will it be done if the owner of a fresh website intends to "domiclie" is website under the US webpages? In essence, such website will be classified a US website.
Thank you in advance for your help
Re: Domain Name Registration, Webmaster Please Help With Suggestions by Nobody: 2:28pm On May 31, 2015
Lols. meaningless post.
Re: Domain Name Registration, Webmaster Please Help With Suggestions by ITbomb(m): 2:35pm On May 31, 2015
There are two tools that would be of interest to you if you want to be rank high on Google search.
They are Google Webmaster and Google Analytica.

Google Webmaster is where you register your website/blog for Google to index it and show faster on search results, in the process of setting up your account, you will be asked which country is your preferred audience (sort of), that is where you choose Nigeria if you want it to show more on Nigeria search results but that doesn't stop it from showing elsewhere if your content is rich.

Google Analytica gives you a detailed overview of how your website/blog is performing.

Disclaimer: I am not the 'guru', just helping out while you wait for the gurus
Re: Domain Name Registration, Webmaster Please Help With Suggestions by oteneaaron(m): 4:36pm On May 31, 2015
this my friend is very nice inquiry you have made...... see, the FIRST step every intending website owner or blogger should brainstorm on, is picking the right domain name.......
you SHOULD pick a domain name that reflects your niche...... for example www.1st-webdesign.com is all about webdesign tutorials nd everything about coding ish........... www.alltechbuzz. com is all about tech..... . my blog ( co- blogger)...... . www.roviarsguide.com, well it's all about seo and web design... optimization nd internet-marketing GUIDE....... u get the gist?.. ..... ir if ur niche were entertainment..... ur domain name should relate to ur content....... it help a lot in SEO and when u start posting google adsense ads, ur PPC will be higher than normal domain-name websites....... i have been talking too much.... tell us ur niche... . nd we'll suggest SEO friendly domain - names.... (do this fast before someone registers the name u have in mind)..... peace out!!!!!!!
Re: Domain Name Registration, Webmaster Please Help With Suggestions by femzysticks(m): 8:51pm On May 31, 2015
The problem is not that I don't have an answer to your question
The problem is that I don't understand the question
Re: Domain Name Registration, Webmaster Please Help With Suggestions by ProGSM(m): 9:27pm On May 31, 2015
Emmm it is well with Nlander!
Re: Domain Name Registration, Webmaster Please Help With Suggestions by islet(f): 12:08am On Jun 01, 2015
Get a .us domain. In Google Analytics or Key planner tool signify you want your audience to be US only incase you want to advertise your business. You can use an IP changer when enrolling for Adsense, Adwords campaign etc. Submit your website to US directories or Article submissions sites with US addresses which is that of tour business. Register Google business page with your US address and a pin will be sent to the address to confirm it so search engines can take it to be a US business. Submit to Yellow pages. Etc

(1) (Reply)

Help Review My New Internet Startup Starttells / I Want To Restore My Sql Database / Please Do You Know How Too Work With This App Quoda

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.