Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,714 members, 7,824,023 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:38 PM

I Want To Restore My Sql Database - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / I Want To Restore My Sql Database (546 Views)

Join This Group On Fb To Get All Tutor Of Html, Css, My Sql Etc / How I Can Restore My Whatsapp Contacts / Please How Much Can I Charge To Build A Church Database? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Restore My Sql Database by EmilynManuela: 8:57am On Jun 26, 2015
Dear all,

I lost my database on my pc as I format my hard drive. Now could anyone guide me how I can get a copy of my ms sql server database from my hosting to work with my local pc? I need to have a local copy so that I can develop my site without internet connection. For your information, I'm using Hostforlife.eu hosting service. I have searched and tried many methods to do it, but no luck yet. For example, I created a backup on Hostforlife and restore backup file on my pc, but nothing happens. Then I created a new database, and re-created its structure same as the one on Hostforlife, then I used the import wizard to import data from them to my pc. Again, nothing happens. I hope someone can give me a way of getting back my database to my pc as it's really frustrated if I don't have my database run locally on my pc.
Thank you so much in advance smiley
Re: I Want To Restore My Sql Database by hilaryiwens05: 9:08am On Jun 26, 2015
Wat error messages are u getting??

1 Like

Re: I Want To Restore My Sql Database by Hazardd(m): 11:50am On Jun 26, 2015
whats this sql database of a thing
Re: I Want To Restore My Sql Database by dwebdesign(m): 1:41pm On Jun 26, 2015
Hazardd:
whats this sql database of a thing

sql means 'Sequential Query Language' . just as you use html to control you content layout, sql is used to control you database by using commands called queries in sequence. you can use it to add , delete, update, serialize data in your database and so on.
Re: I Want To Restore My Sql Database by dwebdesign(m): 1:43pm On Jun 26, 2015
EmilynManuela:
Dear all,

I lost my database on my pc as I format my hard drive. Now could anyone guide me how I can get a copy of my ms sql server database from my hosting to work with my local pc? I need to have a local copy so that I can develop my site without internet connection. For your information, I'm using Hostforlife.eu hosting service. I have searched and tried many methods to do it, but no luck yet. For example, I created a backup on Hostforlife and restore backup file on my pc, but nothing happens. Then I created a new database, and re-created its structure same as the one on Hostforlife, then I used the import wizard to import data from them to my pc. Again, nothing happens. I hope someone can give me a way of getting back my database to my pc as it's really frustrated if I don't have my database run locally on my pc.
Thank you so much in advance smiley

contact your hosting company.

most do monthly backup of websites under their control.

though it would cost you for them to do that for you. mail them.
Re: I Want To Restore My Sql Database by Hazardd(m): 5:40pm On Jun 26, 2015
dwebdesign:

sql means 'Sequential Query Language' . just as you use html to control you content layout, sql is used to control you database by using commands called queries in sequence. you can use it to add , delete, update, serialize data in your database and so on.

thanks..

(1) (Reply)

Htaccess Is It Htaccess.txt Or What / Post Your Web Programming Issue (HTML, CSS, Javascript, PHP, MySQL) / Nigerian Non Hosted Adsense Account For Sale At A Very Cheap Price.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.