Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,268 members, 7,829,581 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:02 AM

LG Optimus G Pro Custom Rom - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / LG Optimus G Pro Custom Rom (1180 Views)

Tecno L5 Custom ROM.. / LG Optimus G Pro Thread / Infinix Hot Note Pro Or LG Optimus Pro (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

LG Optimus G Pro Custom Rom by donhils: 3:39pm On May 31, 2015
Hey there. Are there people here who use LG Optimus G Pro? If you are here, pls is there any way to get Lollipop update on this device? I own it and since last year I've been on official Kitkat 4.4.2 but I need to upgrade.
Re: LG Optimus G Pro Custom Rom by ikechukz(m): 8:10pm On May 31, 2015
I'm currently running android 5.1.1.Just head over to xda forum.

1 Like

Re: LG Optimus G Pro Custom Rom by donhils: 10:46pm On May 31, 2015
ikechukz:
I'm currently running android 5.1.1.Just head over to xda forum.
Omg, you have a link to the xda forum where I can get the stuff? Plus where are you currently, may be I can meet you.
Re: LG Optimus G Pro Custom Rom by Amesko(m): 1:03pm On Jul 11, 2015
head there and you will keep yourself informed on android
Re: LG Optimus G Pro Custom Rom by Bratking(m): 1:35pm On Jul 11, 2015
donhils:
Hey there. Are there people here who use LG Optimus G Pro? If you are here, pls is there any way to get Lollipop update on this device? I own it and since last year I've been on official Kitkat 4.4.2 but I need to upgrade.

Throw your G pro into the nearest river and go get yourself a more reliable brand.
Re: LG Optimus G Pro Custom Rom by donhils: 4:50pm On Jul 11, 2015
Bratking:

Throw your G pro into the nearest river and go get yourself a more reliable brand.
Why should I throw it away? It's been working very well for close to 2 yrs now (which I know your s5 can never reach without lagging and looking very old), even without any pouch or screen protector, my G pro has survived 19 months. I won't throw it away, I'd rather keep it but I'm still sticking with LG brand. For your info, ALL shamesung phones lag.
Re: LG Optimus G Pro Custom Rom by Bratking(m): 5:15pm On Jul 11, 2015
donhils:

Why should I throw it away? It's been working very well for close to 2 yrs now (which I know your s5 can never reach without lagging and looking very old), even without any pouch or screen protector, my G pro has survived 19 months. I won't throw it away, I'd rather keep it but I'm still sticking with LG brand. For your info, ALL shamesung phones lag.

I no fit laff. If you truly understand the power of a snapdragon 801 chipset then you wouldn't have dropped that statement in bracket. phones with this superlative high end 32 bit chipset don't lag overtime ever. and most importantly they were designed to go the distant unlike the archaic snapdragon S4 pro powering your even more archaic phone. am pretty sure your phone wouldn't be able to run a mundane HD game like San Andreas without hanging. grin

LG is dying bro, they have already recorded significant losses this year. do yourself a solid and join the moving train. Hate them love them but there isn't anydoubt that Samsung rules the android world.
Re: LG Optimus G Pro Custom Rom by donhils: 5:59pm On Jul 11, 2015
Bratking:

I no fit laff. If you truly understand the power of a snapdragon 801 chipset then you wouldn't have dropped that statement in bracket. phones with this superlative high end 32 bit chipset don't lag overtime ever. and most importantly they were designed to go the distant unlike the archaic snapdragon S4 pro powering your even more archaic phone. am pretty sure your phone wouldn't be able to run a mundane HD game like San Andreas without hanging. grin

LG is dying bro, they have already recorded significant losses this year. do yourself a solid and join the moving train. Hate them love them but there isn't anydoubt that Samsung rules the android world.

I wonder what you were using before you got the s5. S5 does not lag because the chipset is bad, it does because it's Samsung. Samsung touchwiz lags (a whole lot) cos of bloatwares & gimmicks that cloud the skin.
Re: LG Optimus G Pro Custom Rom by Bratking(m): 6:18pm On Jul 11, 2015
donhils:

I wonder what you were using before you got the s5. S5 does not lag because the chipset is bad, it does because it's Samsung. Samsung touchwiz lags (a whole lot) cos of bloatwares & gimmicks that cloud the skin.

Not anymore. it was an issue on S4, yes but Samsung had since addressed and fixed it. My S5 touchwiz is full of bloatwares but they don't in any way impede the general UI integretion. cruising from app to app to settings and sub settings has never been smoother. the multi-window feature works great. You should know that the powerful gpu adreno 330 played a huge part in this.

Put those misconceptions out of your mind because touchwiz lagging issues are now a thing of the past.

To answer your first question, I was using a Gionee P4. Quite an upgrade, heh?

1 Like

Re: LG Optimus G Pro Custom Rom by donhils: 6:40pm On Jul 11, 2015
Re: LG Optimus G Pro Custom Rom by donhils: 6:40pm On Jul 11, 2015
Bratking:

Not anymore. it was an issue on S4, yes but Samsung had since addressed and fixed it. My S5 touchwiz is full of bloatwares but they don't in any way impede the general UI integretion. cruising from app to app to settings and sub settings has never been smoother. the multi-window feature works great. You should know that the powerful gpu adreno 330 played a huge part in this.

Put those misconceptions out of your mind because touchwiz lagging issues are now a thing of the past.

To answer your first question, I was using a Gionee P4. Quite an upgrade, heh?
Little wonder.
Re: LG Optimus G Pro Custom Rom by Bratking(m): 6:41pm On Jul 11, 2015
donhils:
Little wonder.
Little wonder what??

(1) (Reply)

Gionee F105 With 5 Inches Screen / Natural Scientific Calculator Premium 5.4 Apk Is Here! [LATEST] / How Much Is The Super Metal Smartphone Itel1507?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.