Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,804 members, 7,810,094 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:37 PM

LG Optimus G Pro Thread - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / LG Optimus G Pro Thread (8953 Views)

Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro Thread...help! / Official Infinix Note 3 And Note 3 Pro Thread / Infinix Hot Note Pro Or LG Optimus Pro (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

LG Optimus G Pro Thread by donhils: 1:14am On Jun 28, 2015
For those of you that own LG Optimus G Pro phone, I think it's time we came together to help each other utilize this device to the fullest. If you have any complaints, recommendations, custom roms etc, please feel free to share.
Re: LG Optimus G Pro Thread by Whizpeter(m): 8:08am On Jun 28, 2015
Whats the current price of this phone?
Re: LG Optimus G Pro Thread by kazzonline: 11:42am On Jun 28, 2015
Whizpeter:
Whats the current price of this phone?

Hahahaaa this thread woud hav been useful wen the device was still at its prime,but this close to 3 yrs after it came out?men for don upgrade
Re: LG Optimus G Pro Thread by mrdrizzy(m): 11:56am On Jun 28, 2015
kazzonline:

Hahahaaa this thread woud hav been useful wen the device was still at its prime,but this close to 3 yrs after it came out?men for don upgrade

dude d nigga ask whats d current price not all dese long irrelevant epistles u writing

ps..there is kikat for this and lollipop is also in process,meaning its way beta than IHOT PRO
Re: LG Optimus G Pro Thread by kazzonline: 12:02pm On Jun 28, 2015
mrdrizzy:

dude d nigga ask whats d current price not all dese long irrelevant epistles u writing

ps..there is kikat for this and lollipop is also in process,meaning its way beta than IHOT PRO

If you had any bit of sense in you,you would hav known i didnt mean to quote the dude that asked about the price and i was reffering to the thread in general

Also you attack on my post directly shows how hostile you are,prolly you misunderstood my post,it wasnt meant to derail the thread,all i said was the thread wous hav been more useful in its prime.most likely you are too dull to understand that
Re: LG Optimus G Pro Thread by mrdrizzy(m): 12:21pm On Jun 28, 2015
kazzonline:

If you had any bit of sense in you,you would hav known i didnt mean to quote the dude that asked about the price and i was reffering to the thread in general

Also you attack on my post directly shows how hostile you are,prolly you misunderstood my post,it wasnt meant to derail the thread,all i said was the thread wous hav been more useful in its prime.most likely you are too dull to understand that

exactly what i expected from a regular NL dude

to show maturity i would ignore ur petty shenanigans and point out the reasonable ones

threads are made everyday,just becos the galaxy note 1 was produced 4years back doesnt mean ppl dont own one,and cant create a discussion for it.

Everyone should learn how to type in public cus 1st impression matters!!

Ps:apologies if my words sound harsh!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: LG Optimus G Pro Thread by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jun 28, 2015
Gentlemen, no fighting please.

@kazzonline, from a proud owner of LG pro, which I bought 20 months ago, I can confidently state that this phone can still outperform most of this new toys getting dished out nowadays. It's a great phablet that comes with awesome specs and FHD resolutions, so expect great multitasking ability, HD gaming and enjoyable HD movie viewing experience.

The OS is not an issue, and easily upgradable to the Kitkat 4.4.2 thanks to the availability of LG PC suite. The Lollipop upgrade is available already if you are willing to flash a custom rom.

The LG pro is very much like Samsung S4 in the sense that it might be viewed as an old timer by some, but very much still relevant.

1 Like

Re: LG Optimus G Pro Thread by opeyemix: 2:15pm On Jun 28, 2015
old or new,lg g pro is far better than s4 .i prefer it to s4 infact i am looking forward to buying it in 2-weeks time cus i have alot of games waiting to be played on it.i am just madly inlove wit d phone and my budget is 24-23k although the seller said he wont sell it less than 25k.
Re: LG Optimus G Pro Thread by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jun 28, 2015
opeyemix:
old or new,lg g pro is far better than s4 .i prefer it to s4 infact i am looking forward to buying it in 2-weeks time cus i have alot of games waiting to be played on it.i am just madly inlove wit d phone and my budget is 24-23k although the seller said he wont sell it less than 25k.

Good for you! You won't regret buying the phone, I assure you.
Re: LG Optimus G Pro Thread by RandomVic(m): 2:51pm On Jun 28, 2015
Cool phone with impressive specs even more impressive than some of the more newer phones out there today. Mines running Lollipop and gosh its fantastically beautiful cheesy.
Re: LG Optimus G Pro Thread by kazzonline: 3:00pm On Jun 28, 2015
Fam pls dont get me wrong oooo,actually to be honest i didnt expect much turn up on this thread cos as i stated earlier it was an old phone,which was why i said the thread would hav been more useful then.i my self used this phone and also am a great lg fan as well,so pls once again dont get me wrong,

Opinion!!searching tru nairaland i see lg phones dont really hav threads like that and its not like peeps arent using it,i hav seen lots of tecno,samsung and sony threads,why dont we turn this thread to a full lg thread for all kind of devices where we can come in and sort for help and assist each oda on diff opinions.just a tot thou!!
Re: LG Optimus G Pro Thread by kazzonline: 3:03pm On Jun 28, 2015
koice:

@kazzonline, from a proud owner of LG pro, which I bought 20 months ago, I can confidently state that this phone can still outperform most of this new toys getting dished out nowadays. It's a great phablet that comes with awesome specs and FHD resolutions, so expect great multitasking ability, HD gaming and enjoyable HD movie viewing experience.

The OS is not an issue, and easily upgradable to the Kitkat 4.4.2 thanks to the availability of LG PC suite. The Lollipop upgrade is available already if you are willing to flash a custom rom.

The LG pro is very much like Samsung S4 in the sense that it might be viewed as an old timer by some, but very much still relevant.

@koice why?what sha we gain from fighting na,i don rest the matter,that dude got me wrong that was all

Yeah samsung andblg are neighbours hence the reason why sometimes they really funtion alike,as a stronf samsung fan now ported to lg fan ,i see no diff,only that lg is kinda better than sammy it self

And also about your mtn simple server abeg e still dey rock?and must i be rooted to enjoy it
Re: LG Optimus G Pro Thread by omicron(m): 3:13pm On Jun 28, 2015
Proud owner of one. Six months gone, it's been such a good phone.

Great specs. Only few of current phones can outperform it.

Huge value for money. Got mine at 45k from LG shop.
Re: LG Optimus G Pro Thread by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jun 28, 2015
kazzonline:

And also about your mtn simple server abeg e still dey rock?and must i be rooted to enjoy it

Yup, Mtn BBLITED still rocks with Simple server as of a sec ago. Your device needs to be rooted to use, cuz for the Autoproxy to function, you must have root access.
Re: LG Optimus G Pro Thread by kazzonline: 3:57pm On Jun 28, 2015
koice:

Yup, Mtn BBLITED still rocks with Simple server as of a sec ago. Your device needs to be rooted to use, cuz for the Autoproxy to function, you must have root access.

Thanks @koice my lg g3 is refusing root cos of its lollipop i don taya,
Re: LG Optimus G Pro Thread by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jun 28, 2015
kazzonline:

Eyah. Lollipop is extremely difficult to root, and even more so in some android brands than it's in others.

There are various video tutorials and links on YouTube, better check there, who knows, you might get lucky.
Re: LG Optimus G Pro Thread by mrdrizzy(m): 5:04pm On Jun 28, 2015
kazzonline:

yo! niggs apologies for the reaction

we cool ryt?
Re: LG Optimus G Pro Thread by mrdrizzy(m): 5:08pm On Jun 28, 2015
koice:

lol so u a g pro user?

I can see why u keep refering to it alot on the iHot Note thread

1 Like

Re: LG Optimus G Pro Thread by mrdrizzy(m): 5:14pm On Jun 28, 2015
opeyemix:

not particularly sure about that, g pro is more like lg's way of saying welcome to phablet,its design seem like a copy of note IMO.bt this time inother not to cause exchange battle in cloning dey took the back button and placed it on the left while the regular galaxy's are on the right.

The s4 is anoda thing all together
Re: LG Optimus G Pro Thread by kazzonline: 5:48pm On Jun 28, 2015
mrdrizzy:
yo! niggs apologies for the reaction

we cool ryt?

Yes boss!!
Re: LG Optimus G Pro Thread by opeyemix: 9:37pm On Jun 28, 2015
lg g pro is far better than samsung phone because of it rugednes.my friend used s5 and he flashed it 5times because he always forget his lock pattern,u wont bliv dat the s5 broke down the 5th time he flashed it.No engineer in computer village could fix it.

anoda thing is d battery,lg battery is stronger even at 6% i can still use flash light and camera wich htc or samsung can never do
Re: LG Optimus G Pro Thread by donhils: 5:26pm On Jun 29, 2015
opeyemix:
lg g pro is far better than samsung phone because of it rugednes.my friend used s5 and he flashed it 5times because he always forget his lock pattern,u wont bliv dat the s5 broke down the 5th time he flashed it.No engineer in computer village could fix it.

anoda thing is d battery,lg battery is stronger even at 6% i can still use flash light and camera wich htc or samsung can never do
Depends on the Lg phone you're talking about...you can't say that about the Lg G3.
Re: LG Optimus G Pro Thread by xray2: 11:14pm On Jun 29, 2015
I'm a proud owner of this machine. Aptly reliable and rugged. Beats most of these toys out there today. I so much love it.... My friend sold his.. and still went for the same thing again... I love it
Re: LG Optimus G Pro Thread by xray2: 11:15pm On Jun 29, 2015
How much is the Phone sold for now? New
Re: LG Optimus G Pro Thread by Obinnio: 12:01am On Jun 30, 2015
RandomVic:
Cool phone with impressive specs even more impressive than some of the more newer phones out there today. Mines running Lollipop and gosh its fantastically beautiful cheesy.
my guy how is lollipop performing on this phone,a lot of guys are complaining about lollipops and it buggs and it is even currently affecting my guys lg g2 performance and speed with it having battery issues and so on, please be sincere to the OS so that one won't fall into trap,Lollipop on this machine and kit kat which one is best for this phone ?
Re: LG Optimus G Pro Thread by RandomVic(m): 12:18pm On Jun 30, 2015
Obinnio:
my guy how is lollipop performing on this phone,a lot of guys are complaining about lollipops and it buggs and it is even currently affecting my guys lg g2 performance and speed with it having battery issues and so on, please be sincere to the OS so that one won't fall into trap,Lollipop on this machine and kit kat which one is best for this phone ?

Guy I can assure with all honesty that lollipop 5.0.1 is running perfectly well on my G pro. I use the korea varian F240L. Luckily for me I found an official lollipop firmware from LG for my variant on Xda forums, it was a .kdz file about 1.5GB all I did wast to install it onto my G Pro using LG flash tool. Take it from me guy no wahala whatsoever albeit the official firmware not a custom lollipop rom from a third party though.
Re: LG Optimus G Pro Thread by donhils: 12:29pm On Jun 30, 2015
RandomVic:

Guy I can assure with all honesty that lollipop 5.0.1 is running perfectly well on my G pro. I use the korea varian F240L. Luckily for me I found an official lollipop firmware from LG for my variant on Xda forums, it was a .kdz file about 1.5GB all I did wast to install it onto my G Pro using LG flash tool. Take it from me guy no wahala whatsoever albeit the official firmware not a custom lollipop rom from a third party though.
I'm using E988 variant and I've seen the lollipop file on that same xda forum, I can download it but I don't know how to flash custom rom. Pls can you tell me step by step method of flashing this rom? I want to experience lollipop on my phone.
Re: LG Optimus G Pro Thread by donhils: 12:29pm On Jun 30, 2015
RandomVic:

I'm using E988 variant and I've seen the lollipop file on that same xda forum, I can download it but I don't know how to flash custom rom. Pls can you tell me step by step method of flashing this rom using Lg flash tool? I want to experience lollipop on my phone.
Re: LG Optimus G Pro Thread by RandomVic(m): 3:14pm On Jun 30, 2015
donhils:

I'm using E988 variant and I've seen the lollipop file on that same xda forum, I can download it but I don't know how to flash custom rom. Pls can you tell me step by step method of flashing this rom using Lg flash tool? I want to experience lollipop on my phone.

First thing first you'd need to ascertain if its an official firmware from LG (kdz file) or a custom rom (zip file) from a techy somebody.

To flash an official LG firmware I.e a .kdz file is really quite straightforward. All you need to do is download LG drivers (very important), and LG flash tool, install both on your PC. Once you've done that let me know.

While the route to flash a custom rom is a bit technical you'd need to have your phone rooted - download the lollipop rom of your choice, a .zip file, put the Rom (zip) on your SD card - download and install a recovery (CWM) - boot to recovery - back up your current rom - then wipe and install the custom rom.

Just tell me which file it is, a custom rom or an official lollipop .kdz file?
Re: LG Optimus G Pro Thread by donhils: 6:42pm On Jun 30, 2015
RandomVic:

First thing first you'd need to ascertain if its an official firmware from LG (kdz file) or a custom rom (zip file) from a techy somebody.

To flash an official LG firmware I.e a .kdz file is really quite straightforward. All you need to do is download LG drivers (very important), and LG flash tool, install both on your PC. Once you've done that let me know.

While the route to flash a custom rom is a bit technical you'd need to have your phone rooted - download the lollipop rom of your choice, a .zip file, put the Rom (zip) on your SD card - download and install a recovery (CWM) - boot to recovery - back up your current rom - then wipe and install the custom rom.

Just tell me which file it is, a custom rom or an official lollipop .kdz file?
Do you know that if you're close to my location I'll like to meet you so you'd do it for me. I'm in Anambra State now, where are you?
Re: LG Optimus G Pro Thread by RandomVic(m): 8:53pm On Jun 30, 2015
donhils:

Do you know that if you're close to my location I'll like to meet you so you'd do it for me. I'm in Anambra State now, where are you?

Ahh sorry I'm in Osun State where I school.

I may have scared you with my earlier post but its really not difficult to flash a new update be it a custom rom or an official firmware. You just have to be VERY watchful and on the ball to details.
Re: LG Optimus G Pro Thread by donhils: 6:35am On Jul 01, 2015
RandomVic:

Ahh sorry I'm in Osun State where I school.

I may have scared you with my earlier post but its really not difficult to flash a new update be it a custom rom or an official firmware. You just have to be VERY watchful and on the ball to details.
Ok, I'll do it but maybe when I'm ready I'll add you on whatsapp for prompt response. The Lg drivers you're talking about is the Lg pc suite right? I already have that one when I upgraded to kitkat. Then the Lg flash tool, I should do Google search for it? And finally to root my phone, which app do I need for it? And the cwm recovery tool.
I hope you don't get pissed if I ask you too many questions, it's just that I haven't done any of these b4

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

MTN Announces Massive Price Cuts And Free Data / Sale Of Tecno M9 or phantom a3 @ #35000 / Mtn Now Partner With Opera App For Free Browsing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.