Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,702 members, 7,809,664 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:44 PM

Was Your NYSC A Waste Of Time? - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Was Your NYSC A Waste Of Time? (1745 Views)

How To Verify Your NYSC 2016 Batch A Senate List / How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? / NYSC: A Litmus Test For A Faithful Wife/girlfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Was Your NYSC A Waste Of Time? by Hackomania(m): 10:59pm On May 31, 2015
Dear ex-corps member,

I was in a discussion with a few colleagues, and though some said they benefited from youth service, many said it was a sheer waste of time.

Many that taught in schools and in government parastatals (which is most likely what we all do these days) are of the joint opinion that they spent their time just "waiting for time to pass"...

For those that were privileged to work in industrial setups and related establishments (on very rare occasions).

My question is, did you enjoy your youth service (especially those that are just about to exit in grand style - Batch B). If you did, what made you enjoy it. If you didn't, hmmm... me I cannot help you o

Your feedback would be appreciated

Warm regards,
kcEmenike
Re: Was Your NYSC A Waste Of Time? by Nobody: 11:15pm On May 31, 2015
Hackomania:
though some said they benefited from youth service, many said it was a sheer waste of time.

All the opinions collected here would end up with this conclusion.

As for me I learned the specifics of book-keeping and servitude. I couldn't sit down 2 hours with my mind focused on anything other than studies but learned to sit a full 8 hours doing official duties.
I also learned that alot of Nigerian ministries do nothing in specific and were created only to distribute public wealth amongst lazy individuals.

On the whole it wasn't a waste in anyway and now serves as a baseline to help me fulfill future employment goals.

1 Like

Re: Was Your NYSC A Waste Of Time? by Marcelinho(m): 11:47pm On May 31, 2015
I HAVE HEAR...
Re: Was Your NYSC A Waste Of Time? by lordizak(m): 11:50pm On May 31, 2015
pure waste of time.
Re: Was Your NYSC A Waste Of Time? by lordizak(m): 11:51pm On May 31, 2015
the aim of the scheme-is national unity, which to me has been defeated. and besides how can one above 25 just go and be receiving 19k just for one year? its and avenue for married women to start messing up. it does not guarantee employment, so it's a big waste of time.
Re: Was Your NYSC A Waste Of Time? by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jun 01, 2015
lordizak:
the aim of the scheme-is national unity, which to me has been defeated. and besides how can one above 30 just go and be receiving 19k just for one year? its and avenue for married women to start messing up. it does not guarantee employment, so it's a big waste of time.

People above 30 don't go for NYSC.
Re: Was Your NYSC A Waste Of Time? by lordizak(m): 5:35pm On Jun 01, 2015
Daniyemi:

People above 30 don't go for NYSC.
typographical error.
Re: Was Your NYSC A Waste Of Time? by Agozie48: 7:21pm On Jun 12, 2015
it was just a waste of time ...Its was a year when I got my heart ripped into pieces I made mistakes, it was a year when I made mistakes that I regret and I would bear the consequences for long ..
Re: Was Your NYSC A Waste Of Time? by Hackomania(m): 4:47am On Jun 23, 2015
Eeyah sorry dear. NYSC was good for some though...

You could also get a mechanic for the repairs too grin

1 Like

Re: Was Your NYSC A Waste Of Time? by Pinkyberry2(f): 6:26am On Jun 23, 2015
Agozie48:
it was just a waste of time ...Its was a year when I got my heart ripped into pieces I made mistakes, it was a year when I made mistakes that I regret and I would bear the consequences for long ..
what kind of mistake. pls advice us.

(1) (Reply)

NYSC Allowee Increase / NYSC Batch A Stream I&II Chat Group / A Good Firm Or Organization To Do PPA In Benin City, Edo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.