Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,716 members, 7,809,710 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:43 PM

Your Favorite Nigerian Movies? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Your Favorite Nigerian Movies? (17972 Views)

Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? / To Watch Nigerian Movies Online / Who is your Favorite Nigerian Movie Star? (actor or actress) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Favorite Nigerian Movies? by Seun(m): 4:06pm On May 16, 2005
Hello,

I have a confession to make: I don't watch Nigerian movies, and I hardly enjoy the ones I watch. I mean, I wish the stories were not so unrealistic!

Do you watch Nigerian movies? Do you think you can give me a good reason to fall in love with Nigerian movies Can you tell us which Nigerian movies you like best?

Seun.
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian Movies? by tosemi(f): 12:06pm On May 19, 2005
I don't like nigeria movies, so i don't have a favorite. The ones i had watched so far seem too fake and story lines are very poor. Actually Nigeria movies don't appear to me like the international movies.
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian Movies? by dominobaby(f): 1:18pm On May 20, 2005
I aint down with home videos but that is not to say i haven't watched a couple of them. I just think they need a lot of editing and proper directing. You could almost always tell the end of the film from the onset, hardly do you get real suspense.
But then KEEPING FAITH is one film i can watch over and over again.
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian Movies? by mary(f): 2:25pm On May 20, 2005
I love nigerian movies very well.And i really admire the actresses especially actrress like Genevieve,Stephanie and a host of others.
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian Movies? by Seun(m): 2:30pm On May 20, 2005
Can you name some of the Nigerian films you love?
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian Movies? by mary(f): 3:04pm On May 20, 2005
i love films like;uniforever,and a host of others
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian Movies? by monica(f): 12:40pm On Jun 06, 2005
any movie with genevieve inside is my favorite cos i like everything about hershe is just great
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian Movies? by jogego(m): 1:20pm On Jun 06, 2005
My problem with naija films is normally the story line. Editing is at time just horrible and dont even let me go on about continuity. That said, we noget choose. We must continue to encourage them abi how for do? Rome was not built in a day. I tend to prefer the ones done by mainframe productions. They are more sensible and realistic than most of the other ones.
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian Movies? by bootysue(f): 9:56pm On Jun 07, 2005
i really insist on nigeria coming up with strong movie critics cos most of the films being produced are always predictable, senseless and with no story line.
this is not to say there are no nice ones though, i think missing angel, usofia in london, games women play and keeping faith wont be a waste of time

i am beginning to wonder if i wont give up on our films again cos as a colleague of mine says, nigerian films are mad. a bit of sense and real acts might perform some wonders. common, what happened to producers like amaka igwe, zeb ejiro e.t.c
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian Movies? by hotpikin(f): 10:14pm On Jun 07, 2005
mehn, I luv Games Women Play 1 & 2....and much more( can't remember all of them)...I just [I]enjoy [/I]watching naija movies cuz
1). I'm not at home right now so I try to keep up with what's going on over there...
2). most of them are just plain [u]funny [/u]or fun to watch grin even tho' most of their storylines are predictable
I can't even imagine not watching naija movies
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian Movies? by ifegood: 3:19pm On Jun 08, 2005
the nigerian movies i like most are FOREVER, VIOLATED,RATTLESNAKE,KEEPING FAITH
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian Movies? by jay(f): 10:36am On Jun 10, 2005
WHEEL OF CHANGE. A must watch for all young people.
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian Movies? by IAH(f): 9:12pm On Jun 10, 2005
The first set of Nigerian movies that came out back then in 95/96(Am I correct?) were really nice e.g. Tears for Love, True Confession, Onome, etc. But these days, they have flooded the market with s**t because every Tomi, Dike and Haruna is now in the movie industry. Nevertheless, I still watch those movies to have a feel of Naija.
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian Movies? by dominobaby(f): 5:50pm On Jun 18, 2005
bootysue:

think missing angel , usofia in london, games women play and keeping faith wont be a waste of time

bootysue dear, well you just might love missing angel, but i think the film is quack, there are just too many unrealistic things in that movie - first and foremost Stella said "if @ 25 i am still like this, God take my life"
what business has Desmond got with her again after she had started living big? the list of flaws goes on and on........
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian Movies? by hotangel2(f): 6:39am On Jun 22, 2005
oops. Keeping Faith pwns every other movie!
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian Movies? by Angelgal(f): 10:56am On Jun 23, 2005
Yeah talking about the flaws..hairstyles tend to be the same several years later in the movie,..... a poor beggar once classy still has her expensive plastic nails on....years later too!

Can't say I really have any favourite Nigerian movie cause I hardly watch or buy them.
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian Movies? by sage(m): 3:33pm On Jun 23, 2005
Nigerian movies are just a sham.

Imagine a film like 'True Love'. I guess it should be called Romeo and Juliet Nigerian style. Utter rubbish; I knew how the film would end immediately it started.

I want to watch a film, 'The Recriuts', featuring Colin Farrel and Al Pacino.
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian Movies? by Seun(m): 3:58pm On Jun 27, 2005
To complain about the quality of a Nigerian movie, please visit Common Flaws in Nigerian Home Videos.

This thread is for discussing your favorite Nigerian movies (home videos).
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian Movies? by skull: 3:06pm On Jun 29, 2005
try watching games women play and keeping faith cool smiley kiss
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian Movies? by Pinky(f): 10:55am On Jun 30, 2005
skull:

try watching [I]games women play[/I] and [I]keeping faith[/I] cool smiley kiss
this two re the best nigerian films i va seen this year
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian Movies? by legs(f): 7:04pm On Jun 30, 2005
ifegood:

the nigerian movies I like most are FOREVER, VIOLATED,RATTLESNAKE,KEEPING FAITH

those are all movies with the amaka igwe touch she rocks as a director/producer; emem isong is a good director/producer too she did games women play; critical decision ; promise me forever ... and they are really good
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian Movies? by Vieira(m): 7:35pm On Jun 30, 2005
skull:

try watching [I]games women play[/I] and [I]keeping faith[/I] cool smiley kiss

everybody has been mentioning these films so I'll give them a try but if na waste of time I go come fight some people here o!

now where to find them hmmmm.
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian Movies? by legs(f): 7:48pm On Jun 30, 2005
you wont regret them but remember say na naija o! so keep an open mind check your naija video shops
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian Movies? by oyin: 12:03pm On Jul 01, 2005
the films i love most are games women play, keepingfaith missing angel
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian Movies? by Greatpeter(m): 6:23pm On Jul 04, 2005
Dangerous twins is only film that has ever appealed to me, full of suspense, but couple of them in Yoruba films e.g O le ku, very old film, Ti Oluwa Nile. Esin Ajoji, Apoti Eri.
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian Movies? by Dorcas(f): 9:52am On Jul 05, 2005
Well i don't really watch Nigerian movies my self but even if i get to watch one or two i prefer those ones in local setting those that talk more about culture and tradition .you know that those kind of movies do not need faking so the fakeness the is apparent in Nigerian movies those that the actors/actresses are trying to be oyinbo by force.

Those like the staff of Ozo,lost Kingdom and the likes portray some culture in Nigeria so Seun I'm sure you've never tried to like bring yourself to try and enjoy these movies that is why you don't enjoy them. you could be a critic and help these people improve instead of sitting on the edge and saying i don't like Nigeria movies i don't watch the American movies you enjoy did not become flawless over night people criticised them to be able to make them better and even then they are still being criticised.

Nigeria is our country let's take it and salvage it together.

Dorcas.
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian Movies? by angelak(f): 1:12pm On Jul 05, 2005
i love Nigerian movies although they can really get on my nerves sometimes. anyway my best Nigerian movie is Sharon stone (part 1,2,and 3), girls hostel, break up, andblood sisters.
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian Movies? by IAH(f): 5:19pm On Jul 05, 2005
Mainframe films (Yoruba)
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian Movies? by angelak(f): 10:53am On Jul 07, 2005
hi virgin seun!!!!!!!!!!

I have already stated my opinion here earlier but forgot to include a film i am simply in love with and that is I BELONG, its a must watch!!
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian Movies? by love4ever(f): 3:03pm On Jul 07, 2005
is queen of hasso rock1&2
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian Movies? by yemmy(f): 5:50pm On Jul 07, 2005
MY favorite naija movies are beloved,love affairs,pretender,hostages,above love and host of others.I love nigerian movies especially during my lesiure periods,though sometimes they're very annoying,some are still ok.
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian Movies? by babe(f): 10:31pm On Jul 14, 2005
there are two movies that i watched and for once it's not about jazz etc are
Wheel of change and behind closed doors

actually b4 behind closed doors came out in nigeria, they did the previews here and people from other nationalities enjoyed it and it was sold out for 4 weeks straight at least in MD.

and as for wheel of change i'm organizing a huge program here in Dec. the national HIV day, and get people to talk about it. if you haven't seen it pls do and any younger sibling, cousin, or friends.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Bolt And Maria Evicted From Big Brother Africa / If Your 2014 Were To Be A Movie, What Title Would You Give It? / BBNaija: Eloswag Wins Head Of House Game - Week 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.