Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,144 members, 7,818,432 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:38 PM

Aig’s Driver Arrested For Armed Robbery (PICTURE) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Aig’s Driver Arrested For Armed Robbery (PICTURE) (43184 Views)

Driver Arrested For Diverting 600 Bags Of Flour,sells Off Truck (photos) / Grandma, Six Others Arrested For Robbery. (Picture) / Abia Driver Arrested For Alleged Rape Of Female Passenger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aig’s Driver Arrested For Armed Robbery (PICTURE) by dre11(m): 9:30am On Jun 02, 2015
After working with a Commissioner of Police (CP) and an Assistant Inspector General of Police (AIG), it is expected that Mr Oliver Dike should be a role model to those looking up to him for guidance. But rather than become a great man in his community, Dike was sponsoring armed robbers to snatch exotic cars. Dike, otherwise known as Mopol in the underworld, was arrested while he was in police uniform.
He was apprehended at Sagamu section of the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. The 35-year-old suspect was nabbed by the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS), Ikeja, Lagos State, led by Superintendent of Police (SP), Abba Kyari, with a fake police identity card. A police source said: “Police started the search for Dike in April 2015 after two armed robbery suspects – Akinropo Ogunsina and Jimoh Akeem – mentioned his name during interrogation that he was the receiver of the cars they used to snatch. “Ogunsina confessed that his gang snatched two Honda Accord 230 model cars and Sienna bus and sold to Dike. Unaware that Ogunsina had been arrested, Dike repeatedly kept calling Ogunsina’s phone, asking if he had another snatched car for sale.” According to Ogunsina, Dike bought two cars for N280,000 and was requesting for Toyota Highlander ‘Jeep,’ Toyota Corolla 2014 model and Honda Accord before his arrest.
The state Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), Kenneth Nwosu, confirmed the arrest of the suspects. Nwosu said it was in the process of receiving the Toyota Highlander that Dike was arrested. According to the PPRO, N200,000, which he wanted to use to pay for the stolen car, was recovered from him. He said: “When the police came in contact with him, he identified himself as a police corporal. He had a police identity card with him. The police team went along with him to his house in Abuja for a search. They recovered a complete police uniform.
The police also recovered one of the cars, a Honda Accord he bought from Ogunsina in his house.” The state Commissioner of Police, Mr Kayode Aderanti, has ordered detectives to ensure that members of the gang are brought to book. Dike, a father of one, said he was a motor spare parts dealer with a shop at Zuba motor park, Abuja, before he took to crime. He said: “In 2004, I went to sell motor parts to a Deputy Commissioner of Police (DCP). He is now retired after being promoted to the rank of a Commissioner of Police.
We became friends. I told him that I would like to work for him as his driver and do some other domestic chores for him. He agreed. I left the motor parts business for my younger brother and started working for the DCP. “I started living in his house. I used to drive him to work and other places. In 2005, he was sent to War College and later became a Commissioner of Police (CP). He retired in 2012. “After he retired, all his boys, including me, were transferred to the new CP that took over from him.
The new CP was later appointed as an Assistant Inspector General of Police (AIG) before he retired. Since then, I stopped working for him.” Dike confessed that the police identity card found on him was that of the police orderly, named Udeka. Udeka was an orderly to the first CP who retired. Dike said: “Udeka asked me to assist him to collect his identity card from Yenagoa, capital of Bayelsa State, where we last worked.
He said that I should bring it to Abuja for him. But I have not given it to him. As for the police uniform, I evacuated it from the dry cleaner who does the dry cleaning of our master’s uniform in Yenagoa. I brought it to Abuja and kept it in my house.” The suspect said the police arrested him because he came to buy a Highlander ‘Jeep’ from Danjuma, otherwise known as Ogunsina.

http://newtelegraphonline.com/cp-aigs-driver-held-for-robbery/

cc lalasticlala

2 Likes

Re: Aig’s Driver Arrested For Armed Robbery (PICTURE) by wise7(m): 9:42am On Jun 02, 2015
Waiting for others to comment

1 Like

Re: Aig’s Driver Arrested For Armed Robbery (PICTURE) by Mortiple(m): 9:48am On Jun 02, 2015
Criminals beware! The Nigerian Police Force is getting better by the day as this wind of change is blowing the entire countrylipsrsealed

Let the full arm of the law take its course.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Aig’s Driver Arrested For Armed Robbery (PICTURE) by Islie: 9:50am On Jun 02, 2015
Seems the aim of the man being the driver of the top officer in police force is to perfect the art of stealing and armed robbery

9 Likes

Re: Aig’s Driver Arrested For Armed Robbery (PICTURE) by doublewisdom: 11:16am On Jun 02, 2015
Bad company corrupts. Dike made the wrong friends.

2 Likes

Re: Aig’s Driver Arrested For Armed Robbery (PICTURE) by Ohammadike: 11:17am On Jun 02, 2015
Nigeria police are actually theives in uniform

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aig’s Driver Arrested For Armed Robbery (PICTURE) by kcynho(m): 11:17am On Jun 02, 2015
HE MUST HV LEARNT ENOUGH TRICKS FRM DEM TO PARADE HIMSELF IN SUCH LIGHT

1 Like

Re: Aig’s Driver Arrested For Armed Robbery (PICTURE) by folawalesegun: 11:17am On Jun 02, 2015
wonders shall never end
Re: Aig’s Driver Arrested For Armed Robbery (PICTURE) by rottennaija(m): 11:17am On Jun 02, 2015
Common nairalanders, are you guys sleeping? See front page ooo
Re: Aig’s Driver Arrested For Armed Robbery (PICTURE) by Nobody: 11:17am On Jun 02, 2015
Before devil dey work 8-4pm but now Na round-d-clock operation! No one is to be trusted!

1 Like

Re: Aig’s Driver Arrested For Armed Robbery (PICTURE) by djakinwande(m): 11:18am On Jun 02, 2015
shocked grin police again!!

1 Like

Re: Aig’s Driver Arrested For Armed Robbery (PICTURE) by Nobody: 11:18am On Jun 02, 2015
angry
Re: Aig’s Driver Arrested For Armed Robbery (PICTURE) by Whizsam(m): 11:18am On Jun 02, 2015
Okay, criminal rates in nigeria nids attention wit CHANGE
Re: Aig’s Driver Arrested For Armed Robbery (PICTURE) by Nobody: 11:19am On Jun 02, 2015
Not a good thing to say but then, itz ur opinion...
Ohammadike:

1 Like

Re: Aig’s Driver Arrested For Armed Robbery (PICTURE) by saviola77(m): 11:19am On Jun 02, 2015
A policeman moonlighting as an armed robber....there's an irony. Hehe

3 Likes

Re: Aig’s Driver Arrested For Armed Robbery (PICTURE) by vynzecent(m): 11:19am On Jun 02, 2015
ITS A PITY THAT POLICEMEN DO WHAT THEY ARE NOT EMPLOYED TO DO. SOME EVEN GO INTO POLICING SO AS TO COVER THEIR ILLICIT CRIMES. GOD HELP THIS COUNTRY.
Re: Aig’s Driver Arrested For Armed Robbery (PICTURE) by lonelydora: 11:19am On Jun 02, 2015
It's not news now. We know that Policemen are thieves.

4 Likes

Re: Aig’s Driver Arrested For Armed Robbery (PICTURE) by yemmynoni: 11:19am On Jun 02, 2015
as they don arrest you na Godwin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aig’s Driver Arrested For Armed Robbery (PICTURE) by Nobody: 11:19am On Jun 02, 2015
Sir!...Accidental erm....mistake sir!
Re: Aig’s Driver Arrested For Armed Robbery (PICTURE) by idithlove(f): 11:20am On Jun 02, 2015
Ohk...nothing is new again in Nigeria
Re: Aig’s Driver Arrested For Armed Robbery (PICTURE) by Nobody: 11:20am On Jun 02, 2015
Ohammadike:

Except the 90% of the NPF who do their jobs without stealing.

1 Like

Re: Aig’s Driver Arrested For Armed Robbery (PICTURE) by stbrown07(m): 11:20am On Jun 02, 2015
Funny things in a funny zoo
Re: Aig’s Driver Arrested For Armed Robbery (PICTURE) by pretydiva(f): 11:20am On Jun 02, 2015
99 days 4 d thief,1 day 4 d owner. Serves him right

1 Like

Re: Aig’s Driver Arrested For Armed Robbery (PICTURE) by Nobody: 11:20am On Jun 02, 2015
undecided

Re: Aig’s Driver Arrested For Armed Robbery (PICTURE) by holluwai(m): 11:21am On Jun 02, 2015
One by one.
Re: Aig’s Driver Arrested For Armed Robbery (PICTURE) by KEZDON(m): 11:22am On Jun 02, 2015
uniformed robbers, let him face de full wrath of de law

1 Like

Re: Aig’s Driver Arrested For Armed Robbery (PICTURE) by omoadeleye(m): 11:23am On Jun 02, 2015
K
Re: Aig’s Driver Arrested For Armed Robbery (PICTURE) by Nokiae5: 11:23am On Jun 02, 2015
cry e fader
Re: Aig’s Driver Arrested For Armed Robbery (PICTURE) by steffans(m): 11:24am On Jun 02, 2015
police again
buhari must hear dis..... embarassed embarassed

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

EFCC Returns $4040 To Brazilian Lady Scammed By Yahoo Boy / Angry Mob Lynch And Set Ablaze Two Robbers In Onitsha (graphic Pics) / Thief Who Stole Babies At Alapere Lagos Caught And Stripped Unclad - Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.