Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,877 members, 7,828,117 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:28 AM

Astounding: Christian Discovers Ancient Fish Fossils Deemed Scientific Find - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Astounding: Christian Discovers Ancient Fish Fossils Deemed Scientific Find (2098 Views)

Sierra Leone Pastor Discovers 706-Carat Diamond, Gives It To Government (Photos) / Proof Of Evolution: Early Human Fossils / 39 Ancient Wisdom Tips For Singles On Marriage By Dr. D.k. Olukoya (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Astounding: Christian Discovers Ancient Fish Fossils Deemed Scientific Find by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:55am On Jun 02, 2015
'Astounding': Christian Discovers Ancient Fish Fossils Deemed 'Significant' Scientific Find
June 1, 2015 | Filed under: Science,Top Stories | By: Garrett Haley

CALGARY – An outspoken believer in biblical creation recently unearthed five fossils that scientists say are “nearly perfect fish fossil specimens” that will provide “important” insights in the world of science.

Edgar Nernberg, a native of Calgary, Alberta, is a board member of the Big Valley Creation Science Museum. The museum operates “for the glory of the Creator, to display the evidence of his handiwork and refute the lie of evolution,” according to its website, with exhibits spotlighting geology, fossils, dinosaurs, and the age of the earth.

Nernberg says he has been fascinated with fossils ever since seeing seashell fossils as a young boy.

“The first seashell fossils I saw were shown to me by my father in the rocks we had to pick off of our farmland in Manitoba,” he said, “and I’ve been watching for and collecting fossils ever since.”

In addition to his affiliation with the creation museum, Nernberg works as a backhoe operator. During a recent dig job in a residential neighborhood, Nernberg unearthed the discovery of a lifetime: five ancient fish fossils—all in nearly perfect condition. He knew right away that the fossils were special.

“I’ve occasionally come across clams, snails, leaf impressions and wood remains embedded in the sandstone,” Nernberg explained. “When the five fish fossils presented themselves to me in the excavator bucket, the first thing I said was you’re coming home with me, the second thing was I better call a paleontologist.”

“I knew right away that this was different from the other fossils I have uncovered in my many years of excavating and collecting fossils,” he added.

Connect with Christian News
In a statement last week, the University of Calgary describes Nernberg’s “important fossil discovery,” saying the condition of the fish fossil specimens was “nearly perfect.”

“The unearthing was astounding, as five nearly perfect fish fossil specimens were concealed in a block of sandstone in the Paskapoo Formation,” a university spokesperson said in the statement.

Darla Zelenitsky, a paleontologist and assistant professor at the University of Calgary, affirmed that the creationist’s discovery was a “significant find.”

“My first thought was, ‘Oh my goodness, this is really significant,’” she said. “Because we just don’t find that many complete fossils in this rock.”

“Because complete fossils are relatively rare from this time period in Alberta, any such discoveries are significant,” Zelenitsky added.

Nernberg believes the fish fossils were not laid down millions of years ago, but were instead formed by the Great Flood.

“I love earth history, and—of course—there’s two views that point as far as where the fossils come from,” he told reporters. “One is the evolutionary one and the other one is the creationist one, and I believe the fossils demonstrate the creation catastrophe model much better than the evolutionary model.”

The specimens will be sent to the Royal Tyrrell Museum in Drumheller, Alberta, where they will be cleaned up and possibly put on display. Nernberg says he hopes the museum will “put both stories of the origins of the fossils, the creation and the evolution model, on their plaques.”

“We all have the same evidence, and it’s just a matter of how you interpret it,” he said.

http://christiannews.net/2015/06/01/astounding-christian-discovers-ancient-fish-fossils-deemed-significant-scientific-find/

Re: Astounding: Christian Discovers Ancient Fish Fossils Deemed Scientific Find by johnydon22(m): 11:51am On Jun 02, 2015
so have the fossils been carbon dated? . . . tell us the date then?
Re: Astounding: Christian Discovers Ancient Fish Fossils Deemed Scientific Find by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:56pm On Jun 02, 2015
johnydon22:
so have the fossils been carbon dated? . . . tell us the date then?
60 million years
Re: Astounding: Christian Discovers Ancient Fish Fossils Deemed Scientific Find by adexsimply(m): 4:50pm On Jun 02, 2015
This proves nothing. Let it be dated first
Re: Astounding: Christian Discovers Ancient Fish Fossils Deemed Scientific Find by johnydon22(m): 4:54pm On Jun 02, 2015
adexsimply:
This proves nothing. Let it be dated first
It has been dated....turns out carbon dating placed it at 60million

The specimens were in sandstone from the Paskapoo Formation, a
Palaeocene age sedimentary rock which underlies parts of southern Alberta.
'Hasn't changed my mind'
About 60 million years old, these rocks preserve evidence of life from the time
following the mass extinction event at the end of the Cretaceous period, which
wiped out three-quarters of all species on earth, including the dinosaurs.
"Because complete fossils are relatively rare from this time period in Alberta,
any such discoveries are significant as they shed light on the nature and
diversity of animals that lived not long after the extinction of the dinosaurs,"
said University of Calgary palaeontologist Darla Zelenitsky.
According to the university, all fossils in Alberta are the property of the
province, and do not belong to the landowners or the finders.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-32928979
Re: Astounding: Christian Discovers Ancient Fish Fossils Deemed Scientific Find by johnydon22(m): 4:57pm On Jun 02, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:
60 million years
And this is correct.
Re: Astounding: Christian Discovers Ancient Fish Fossils Deemed Scientific Find by adexsimply(m): 5:13pm On Jun 02, 2015
johnydon22:

It has been dated....turns out carbon dating placed it at 60million
hahaha, so it's older than the biblical earth ? cheesy
Re: Astounding: Christian Discovers Ancient Fish Fossils Deemed Scientific Find by johnydon22(m): 5:19pm On Jun 02, 2015
adexsimply:

Apparently

1 Like

Re: Astounding: Christian Discovers Ancient Fish Fossils Deemed Scientific Find by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:25pm On Jun 02, 2015
johnydon22:

And this is correct.

yup , read the article last week .
Re: Astounding: Christian Discovers Ancient Fish Fossils Deemed Scientific Find by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:27pm On Jun 02, 2015
adexsimply:

the bible never said the earth was 6000 years lipsrsealed undecided

1 Like

Re: Astounding: Christian Discovers Ancient Fish Fossils Deemed Scientific Find by johnydon22(m): 5:32pm On Jun 02, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

yup , read the article last week .

Why do you think OLAADEGBU didn't want to provide information about the dating on his Op, it got me confused why he chose to with hold that information in his Op..?
Re: Astounding: Christian Discovers Ancient Fish Fossils Deemed Scientific Find by davien(m): 5:44pm On Jun 02, 2015
The bible can say anything if read anyway....
Re: Astounding: Christian Discovers Ancient Fish Fossils Deemed Scientific Find by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:48pm On Jun 02, 2015
johnydon22:

Why do you think OLAADEGBU didn't want to provide information about the dating on his Op, it got me confused why he chose to with hold that information in his Op..?

nooooo ... I read mine on dailymail .... Offcourse, the earth is 4.5 billion years and the age of fossils prove the earth is really old.(modified)
Re: Astounding: Christian Discovers Ancient Fish Fossils Deemed Scientific Find by johnydon22(m): 5:50pm On Jun 02, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

nooooo ... I read mine on dailymail .... Offcourse, the earth is 13-15 billion years and the age of fossils prove the earth is really old.

Uuuhm the earth is 13-15billion years old
Re: Astounding: Christian Discovers Ancient Fish Fossils Deemed Scientific Find by adexsimply(m): 5:52pm On Jun 02, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

the bible never said the earth was 6000 years lipsrsealed undecided
hehehe... I never mentioned 6000. tongue
Re: Astounding: Christian Discovers Ancient Fish Fossils Deemed Scientific Find by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:52pm On Jun 02, 2015
johnydon22:

Uuuhm the earth is 13-15billion years old

shocked ... u didnt know or what? lipsrsealed undecided
Re: Astounding: Christian Discovers Ancient Fish Fossils Deemed Scientific Find by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:55pm On Jun 02, 2015
adexsimply:
hehehe... I never mentioned 6000. tongue

you implied it tongue... lemme prove it

Re: Astounding: Christian Discovers Ancient Fish Fossils Deemed Scientific Find by adexsimply(m): 5:57pm On Jun 02, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

you implied it tongue... lemme prove it
but you said the Bible didn't say that. Didn't you ? Doesn't that make you a liar ? sad
Re: Astounding: Christian Discovers Ancient Fish Fossils Deemed Scientific Find by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:00pm On Jun 02, 2015
adexsimply:
but you said the Bible didn't say that. Didn't you ? Doesn't that make you a liar ? sad

its a very common misconception
Re: Astounding: Christian Discovers Ancient Fish Fossils Deemed Scientific Find by johnydon22(m): 6:04pm On Jun 02, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

shocked ... u didnt know or what? lipsrsealed undecided

I didnt know. . .Uuuhm ok just type "Earth" on ur google search and post us the picture of the achieve just as you for adexsimple....Lets see
Re: Astounding: Christian Discovers Ancient Fish Fossils Deemed Scientific Find by johnydon22(m): 6:10pm On Jun 02, 2015
adexsimply:

Can you also type the keyword "earth" on your google search and upload a picture of this achieve for us here please..
Re: Astounding: Christian Discovers Ancient Fish Fossils Deemed Scientific Find by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:14pm On Jun 02, 2015
johnydon22:

I didnt know. . .Uuuhm ok just type "Earth" on ur google search and post us the picture of the achieve just as you for adexsimple....Lets see

oh sorry its 4.5 billion ... the universe's age is close to that (13.8b ,appr 14b)... sorry grin ... but why didnt you just point the mistake out?

Re: Astounding: Christian Discovers Ancient Fish Fossils Deemed Scientific Find by johnydon22(m): 6:18pm On Jun 02, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

oh sorry its 4.5 billion ... the universe's age is close to that (13.8b ,appr 14b)... sorry grin ... but why didnt you just point the mistake out?

Am over here drinking Holandia yoghout, my bae came. . . so just didnt want to spark up an argument bro.... She's even angry i touch my tab from time to time.. you know girls naa
Re: Astounding: Christian Discovers Ancient Fish Fossils Deemed Scientific Find by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:25pm On Jun 02, 2015
johnydon22:

Am over here drinking Holandia yoghout, my bae came. . . so just didnt want to spark up an argument bro.... She's even angry i touch my tab from time to time.. you know girls naa

lol ... no p sha ... but you married? saw you with kids on your NL dp sometime grin wink
Re: Astounding: Christian Discovers Ancient Fish Fossils Deemed Scientific Find by johnydon22(m): 6:28pm On Jun 02, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

lol ... no p sha ... but you married? saw you with kids on your NL dp sometime grin wink

Hahahahahaha Nooo. . . But am totally gonna get married soon. smiley Being dating my bae since 2010 now
Re: Astounding: Christian Discovers Ancient Fish Fossils Deemed Scientific Find by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:30pm On Jun 02, 2015
johnydon22:

Hahahahahaha Nooo. . . But am totally gonna get married soon. smiley

lol ... ook oo ..enjoy
Re: Astounding: Christian Discovers Ancient Fish Fossils Deemed Scientific Find by adexsimply(m): 6:58pm On Jun 02, 2015
grin

1 Like

Re: Astounding: Christian Discovers Ancient Fish Fossils Deemed Scientific Find by Hiswordxray(m): 11:30pm On Jun 02, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

nooooo ... I read mine on dailymail .... Offcourse, the earth is 4.5 billion years and the age of fossils prove the earth is really old.(modified)
Their dating is incorrect. The truth is that we just have to wait still science find a more correct method of dating then we would finally realize that the earth is much younger than they say
Re: Astounding: Christian Discovers Ancient Fish Fossils Deemed Scientific Find by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:32pm On Jun 02, 2015
Hiswordxray:

Their dating is incorrect. The truth is that we just have to wait still science find a more correct method of dating then we would finally realize that the earth is much younger than they say

Abi ... there are numerous methods though , each giving different results
Re: Astounding: Christian Discovers Ancient Fish Fossils Deemed Scientific Find by Hiswordxray(m): 9:56am On Jun 03, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Abi ... there are numerous methods though , each giving different results
Science is lacking far behind and people who believe in it are being proud of their ignorance. Instead of them to work harder and try to meet up they boast of their ignorance.
Re: Astounding: Christian Discovers Ancient Fish Fossils Deemed Scientific Find by johnydon22(m): 10:02am On Jun 03, 2015
Hiswordxray:

Science is lacking far behind and people who believe in it are being proud of their ignorance. Instead of them to work harder and try to meet up they boast of their ignorance.

Its wonderfully remarkably outstanding that someone who is using a scientific invention (Phone and internet) made this statement...What an irony... cheesy

Please define science?
Re: Astounding: Christian Discovers Ancient Fish Fossils Deemed Scientific Find by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:29am On Jun 03, 2015
Hiswordxray:

I think if 'science' should humble itself and recognize God as the Supreme Being, we'd achieve more

James 4:10

Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up.

(1) (2) (Reply)

RCCG Set To Complete First Multi-million Amusement Park For Children / “I Told Tinubu That Buhari Would Fail” – MUST READ Cardinal Okogie’s Interview / Only The Agents Of Satan Will Defend The Rationale Behind Hell Fire Creation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.