Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,710 members, 7,816,914 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:08 PM

Is It Rightful To Exchange Gift During Christian Courtship? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Rightful To Exchange Gift During Christian Courtship? (1378 Views)

Nairaland Christian War Room. Learn To Take Your Rightful Place (gen 1 Vs 26-28) / The Rightful Focus / How To Handle Courtship And Sexual Purity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Rightful To Exchange Gift During Christian Courtship? by petux(m): 9:29pm On Jun 02, 2015
Personally, I think it is wrong to exchange gift when they have not been Joined together. It is clear that many xtian cannot do without exchanging gift.
I want matured christians and my fellow nairalanders to shed more light on this.
Thanks.
Re: Is It Rightful To Exchange Gift During Christian Courtship? by jearile(m): 9:40pm On Jun 02, 2015
petux:
Personally, I think it is wrong to exchange gift when they have not been Joined together. It is clear that many xtian cannot do without exchanging gift.
I want matured christians and my fellow nairalanders to shed more light on this.
Thanks.
What do u mean by exchange of "gift"?
Re: Is It Rightful To Exchange Gift During Christian Courtship? by ITbomb(m): 9:41pm On Jun 02, 2015
Many are burden with unscriptural dogmas
Re: Is It Rightful To Exchange Gift During Christian Courtship? by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jun 02, 2015
And here is my one billion dollars question "Is it right for a Christain to give to people? "
Re: Is It Rightful To Exchange Gift During Christian Courtship? by MoyoGENERAL: 10:04pm On Jun 02, 2015
If i can exchange gifts with a female friend whom we aren't even in courtship, how much more my fiancee whom I love and hope to spend my life with?

Asides if you nor exchange gift for courtship, na for marriage una go learn to exchange gift ni!!!!
for the lady, how you wan tey know if the guy na stingy chairman!!!!!lol grin
ABI you na stingy guy ni? and you wan use scope cover face!!!!lollll.... grin grin(na play oooo)

guy nor put yourself for unnecessary bondage ooooo.. There is no where in the BIBLE that commented on that!
you can correct me if I am wrong ooo!
So far your intentions are right, Go ahead!

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Is It Rightful To Exchange Gift During Christian Courtship? by Truth24(m): 10:12pm On Jun 02, 2015
I think d Op is confused... *In Jazzy's voice * Oya Gift, put on the light
Re: Is It Rightful To Exchange Gift During Christian Courtship? by petux(m): 10:33pm On Jun 02, 2015
jearile:

What do u mean by exchange of "gift"?

Wah I mean iz DAT buying anytin 4 her all in d name of love...like phones,clothes shoes e.t.c
Re: Is It Rightful To Exchange Gift During Christian Courtship? by jearile(m): 6:06am On Jun 03, 2015
petux:

Wah I mean iz DAT buying anytin 4 her all in d name of love...like phones,clothes shoes e.t.c
Haba! The best way love is expressed is through giving. Haven't you heard "you can give without love but you can't love without giving"?
Ordinarily you exchange gifts with somebody you like let alone somebody you love and want to spend the rest of your life with. It's either he's stingy to a fault or doesn't understand the meaning of love.
Notwithstanding, you are expected to give with the right motive. Giving should be a lifestyle and do it within your capacity (purse), don't over-exaggerate because you are trying to make a statement.
Re: Is It Rightful To Exchange Gift During Christian Courtship? by adexsimply(m): 7:20am On Jun 03, 2015
#shoroniyen
Re: Is It Rightful To Exchange Gift During Christian Courtship? by petux(m): 10:56am On Jun 03, 2015
jearile:

Haba! The best way love is expressed is through giving. Haven't you heard "you can give without love but you can't love without giving"?
Ordinarily you exchange gifts with somebody you like let alone somebody you love and want to spend the rest of your life with. It's either he's stingy to a fault or doesn't understand the meaning of love.
Notwithstanding, you are expected to give with the right motive. Giving should be a lifestyle and do it within your capacity (purse), don't over-exaggerate because you are trying to make a statement.
Buh u shuld no wat courtship means. dae are yet to b husband and wife....if possible d relationship shuld go soul, can d gift b taken back..... Nd normally as a chronic believer, its nt proper
Re: Is It Rightful To Exchange Gift During Christian Courtship? by jearile(m): 11:28am On Jun 03, 2015
petux:

Buh u shuld no wat courtship means. dae are yet to b husband and wife....if possible d relationship shuld go soul, can d gift b taken back..... Nd normally as a chronic believer, its nt proper
I'm trying hard not to sound derogatory but this height of ignorance is preposterous.
It would be colossal and a fiasco lurking around if somebody with this kind of mentality is already courting - if the foundation be destroy what can the righteous do.
I'd advice you go back to be basics - what is love.
Re: Is It Rightful To Exchange Gift During Christian Courtship? by ITbomb(m): 11:50am On Jun 03, 2015
petux:

I'm sorry to say this but I think you are a misled believer.
A true Christian is a giving believer.
You don't give because you are expecting something in return or that it is an obligation, whether the relationship would go sour or not is not your business, you give naturally because you see a need and you feel God placed you in that position to fulfill that need.

If your partner (be it in a relationship or workplace) has a need or is celebrating, it should come naturally to you to uplift the person with a gift. If you give only in marriage, it is just like Christ did asked, "if we love only believers, what difference do we have to unbelievers (publicans) who love only themselves" Matt 5:46

I must say, it is your type that would leave starving children at home or even neighbors to give to the Pastor.

Get this to yourself, a loving Christian is a giving Christian . It doesn't matter the relationship, if you see a need, give to fulfill that need
Re: Is It Rightful To Exchange Gift During Christian Courtship? by MoyoGENERAL: 1:13pm On Jun 03, 2015
petux:

#faints#

there are several conflagrations of dogmatic infernos devastating your spirituo-mentalo domicile!

BTW wetin be CHRONIC believer?
You know what, my best advice for you is to STAY PUT!
I guess your mind is made up!

You can even add the following rules in your courtship;
- don't give gifts
- don't pay for her Tfare
- don't call her more than 1 mins and All calls must be spiritual( no need to ask if she has eaten cos you aren't buying anything for her)
- Don't even visit her, she should not visit you too, always meet in a neutral place ( not eatery oooo, cos you must not pay for her food)
- don't be funny at all, just be formal all time.
- even if she needs your help financially, don't oblige ( you are not husband and wife yet)
God bless YOU brother Petux!
Re: Is It Rightful To Exchange Gift During Christian Courtship? by petux(m): 5:37pm On Jun 03, 2015
MoyoGENERAL:

#faints#

there are several conflagrations of dogmatic infernos devastating your spirituo-mentalo domicile!

BTW wetin be CHRONIC believer?
You know what, my best advice for you is to STAY PUT!
I guess your mind is made up!

You can even add the following rules in your courtship;
- don't give gifts
- don't pay for her Tfare
- don't call her more than 1 mins and All calls must be spiritual( no need to ask if she has eaten cos you aren't buying anything for her)
- Don't even visit her, she should not visit you too, always meet in a neutral place ( not eatery oooo, cos you must not pay for her food)
- don't be funny at all, just be formal all time.
- even if she needs your help financially, don't oblige ( you are not husband and wife yet)
God bless YOU brother Petux!

I no blame u....Ask ur pastor on sunday and go and read more bout Marriage and Courtship
Re: Is It Rightful To Exchange Gift During Christian Courtship? by MoyoGENERAL: 11:33pm On Jun 03, 2015
petux:

I no blame u....Ask ur pastor on sunday and go and read more bout Marriage and Courtship

Apologies if I have offended you by my speech!

But bros, inasmuch as I want you to support your stances with proofs in the bible,
Your convictions must be deeply hinged on the bible, not on the traditions or sayings of men!
Please Read Act Chapter 15
Re: Is It Rightful To Exchange Gift During Christian Courtship? by petux(m): 10:35am On Jun 05, 2015
MoyoGENERAL:

Apologies if I have offended you by my speech!

But bros, inasmuch as I want you to support your stances with proofs in the bible,
Your convictions must be deeply hinged on the bible, not on the traditions or sayings of men!
Please Read Act Chapter 15

OK bro thenks

(1) (Reply)

5 Bible Facts Most People Get Wrong. / 20 Great Bible Verses To Read Before Bed / Largely Neglected By Men, But Never Forgotten By God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.