Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,597 members, 7,809,168 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:35 AM

Questions On Rx 300 Lexus - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Questions On Rx 300 Lexus (2368 Views)

My Rx 300 Develop A Problem. Pls Help / I Need An Advice On Rx 330,ford Edge And Mdx / Pros And Cons Of Rx 300 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Questions On Rx 300 Lexus by psych1: 1:11am On Jun 03, 2015
Am interested in buying a 2000 model RX300 Fwd.
My questions:
1. How reliable is the transmission from the judgment of Nigerian owners;
2. Is it possible to rebuild the gear?
3. What is the cost of rebuild or replacement?
4. What are the tips to maintain the gear?
Re: Questions On Rx 300 Lexus by chukel(m): 5:05am On Jun 03, 2015
psych1:
My questions:
it's a very nice ride. Problem most times is the knock sensor and not the gear. But with the direction of ur questions, if u buy it, u may most likely have gear issues. U have already made up ur mind and started preparing for rebuild or replacement. The mind attracts what it thinks

1 Like

Re: Questions On Rx 300 Lexus by psych1: 6:30am On Jun 03, 2015
chukel:
it's a very nice ride. Problem most times is the knock sensor and not the gear. But with the direction of ur questions, if u buy it, u may most likely have gear issues. U have already made up ur mind and started preparing for rebuild or replacement. The mind attracts what it thinks
Lol
Thanks for your input. I will henceforth free my mind of the negative thoughts of failed transmission.

1 Like

Re: Questions On Rx 300 Lexus by DECOtech(m): 6:44am On Jun 03, 2015
chukel:

Nice one, Chukel

psych1:
My questions:

I keep saying that every car remains as reliable as its owner. When you service your car with olive oil or palm oil, it will rebel against you.

As for the transmission of a 99/03 RX300, it is very costly to repair and price of a replacement cld reach 400k. I don't think you wld have cause to replace if you follow manufacturer's directive during maintenance. the specified auto tranny fluid is Toyota Type T4 (never deviate from this). And it is very available in the market.

The engine oil spec is 5W30 of any good brand.

When you buy your tokunbo car, first thing you do is to change all fluids: engine oil, auto tranny fluid, brake fluid.
(check ur timing area too. If its a belt, change it)
Depending on how frequently you use the car, if serviced with the right oils, service intervals shld be with 2 to 3 months. And remember to change your auto tranny fluid once a year.

Follow this advice and your vehicle will remain your trust worthy friend.

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Questions On Rx 300 Lexus by psych1: 8:49am On Jun 03, 2015
DECOtech:

Nice one, Chukel
I keep saying that every car remains as reliable as its owner. When you service your car with olive oil or palm oil, it will rebel against you.
As for the transmission of a 99/03 RX300, it is very costly to repair and price of a replacement cld reach 400k. I don't think you wld have cause to replace if you follow manufacturer's directive during maintenance. the specified auto tranny fluid is Toyota Type T4 (never deviate from this). And it is very available in the market.
The engine oil spec is 5W30 of any good brand.
When you buy your tokunbo car, first thing you do is to change all fluids: engine oil, auto tranny fluid, brake fluid.
(check ur timing area too. If its a belt, change it)
Depending on how frequently you use the car, if serviced with the right oils, service intervals shld be with 2 to 3 months. And remember to change your auto tranny fluid once a year.
Follow this advice and your vehicle will remain your trust worthy friend.
Cheers.

Thanks for this very priceless info. I will take note of these when I acquire the baby.
Re: Questions On Rx 300 Lexus by abatically(m): 11:32am On Jun 03, 2015
psych1:

Lol
Thanks for your input. I will henceforth free my mind of the negative thoughts of failed transmission.

If u are thinking like this then better get a car with manual transmission. At least they hardly give problems.
Re: Questions On Rx 300 Lexus by psych1: 11:44am On Jun 03, 2015
Thanks to all contributors.
I'm asking the questions outta curiosity based on immense reviews of RX300 bearing in mind that there is no perfect ride.
Information you share will surely benefit prospective buyers of this great ride.

(1) (Reply)

Lexus Fans!! 2018 Lexus Rx450h Is Way Cheaper Than The 2017 Model / .... / Which SUV Should I Go For

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.