Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,565 members, 7,816,380 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:27 AM

I Want To Report A Case Of Child Abuse, How Do I Go About It? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Want To Report A Case Of Child Abuse, How Do I Go About It? (4435 Views)

Forcing A Child To Eat: Is This Child Abuse? / Should I Go Home? Am I Making The Right Choice? I'm 22 / 11-Year-Old Boy Maltreated By Stepmum: See The Highest Order Of Child Abuse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Report A Case Of Child Abuse, How Do I Go About It? by oyinsmart(f): 8:13pm On Jun 03, 2015
Please fellow nairalanders, I want to report a case of "children abuse" (4 children) to any agency or NGO in charge of this.
I don't know how to go about it or contact of such agency. Please put me through soonest to salvage the lives of these 4 lovely boys.
The case is around Ijanikin in Lagos.
Thank you.
Re: I Want To Report A Case Of Child Abuse, How Do I Go About It? by Ibsgal(f): 8:42pm On Jun 03, 2015
oyinsmart:
Please fellow nairalanders, I want to report a case of "children abuse" (4 children) to any agency or NGO in charge of this.
I don't know how to go about it or contact of such agency. Please put me through soonest to salvage the lives of these 4 lovely boys.
The case is around Ijanikin in Lagos.
Thank you.

If you don't mind me asking, what do you consider child abuse? What exactly is happening to the children in question? I'm asking because what constitutes as abuse is highly subjective, and can sometimes put innocent people in trouble.
Re: I Want To Report A Case Of Child Abuse, How Do I Go About It? by oyinsmart(f): 9:45pm On Jun 03, 2015
Ibsgal:

If you don't mind me asking, what do you consider child abuse? What exactly is happening to the children in question? I'm asking because what constitutes as abuse is highly subjective, and can sometimes put innocent people in trouble.

the children are between ages 4-11years old. They have 3 boys and a relative (a boy) who stays with them. The parents stopped all the children from schooling since last year and the mother can afford their school fees because I learnt that she's well paid where she works and stay in Lagos island during the week but come home for weekend.
When other children are in school, these ones would be at home crying, fighting and disturbing the whole neighborhood.
The husband is said to be sick but I don't know the nature of the sicknesses but he smokes anything he can light, drinks and keep late nights. Anytime he comes home, he will beat the boy staying with them seriously for flimsy reasons to the extent that when he beat the boy on Monday 1st June, 2015 neighbours have to tell him that they will get him arrested but it was just mere threat.
These children's future is at stake as I once saw one of them putting a leftover cigarette in his mouth at the back of their house.
Re: I Want To Report A Case Of Child Abuse, How Do I Go About It? by Ibsgal(f): 12:28am On Jun 04, 2015
This might be a child neglect issue, and I'm not sure what any organization in the country will be willing to do. In regards to not attending school, maybe the students are being home-schooled. I don't think Nigeria has laws in place that mandates primary school education as a responsibility of the parents. Unfortunately, most organizations that advocate for children might be unwilling to take on the case because kids that are running rampant in the neighborhood will be the least of their priorities. Sounds like the kid getting the worst of the deal is the boy relative. If possible, I'll encourage you to contact the police or any of the people listed below about that, no child should ever have to go through that. Below are the names and info of individuals within the child rights network, they may be able to help you.

Dr Osita Obinna Oleribe,
Child Ombudsman
National President, Anti-Child Abuse Organization
Block 8 Kwara Drive, By War College, Gwarinpa Estate, Phase II, Abuja, FCT Nigeria.
PO Box 8179 Wuse, Abuja, 08035473223, 08029703312.
acasainc@hotmail.com
acasaorg@hotmail.com

Mr. B.C. Ezinma, Program Manager
Child Rights Network
#9 Road P Close, W.B.H.E. P.O.Box 2682
Umuahia Abia State, Nigeria
info_chirn@yahoo.com
chirnrights@yahoo.com
Phone:08052774607

Innocent Chukwuma
chukwuma@cleen.org
Kemi Asiwaju
asiwaju@cleen.org
CLEEN Foundation
P.O. Box 15456, Ikeja,
Lagos, Nigerian
Tel: 213-1-493-3195
Fax: 234-1-493-5339
cleen@cleen.org

Diala Edwin Lionel
Executive Director,
African Child Foundation Project

Box 793 GPO
Marina Lagos, Nigeria

Telephone: 080-333-29403

africhildproject@yahoo.com

Olusola Akinbode
Executive Director Centre For Human Rights and Empowerment
8/10 Kolawole Shonibare Street, Ilupeju Estate,
P.O.Box 5595 Lagos-Nigeria
Telephone: +234 1 8988152, +234 802 3152083
www.chrenigeria.org
chreshola@yahoo.com
chrempowerment@yahoo.com
info@chrenigeria.org

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Report A Case Of Child Abuse, How Do I Go About It? by Richy4(m): 2:30am On Jun 04, 2015
Don't they have a call in program where you can ask things like this in Nigeria?

If the host or hostess is a good person he/she might asked what you have witnessed. Then some listeners might help to direct you on where to go.
Re: I Want To Report A Case Of Child Abuse, How Do I Go About It? by oyinsmart(f): 9:08am On Jun 04, 2015
@ibsgal: thank you so much, am very grateful.

@richy4: thanks a lot. I am unaware of such programs but will appreciate if I can be linked up with one.
Re: I Want To Report A Case Of Child Abuse, How Do I Go About It? by Ibsgal(f): 5:43pm On Jun 04, 2015
No problem smiley
Re: I Want To Report A Case Of Child Abuse, How Do I Go About It? by Stillfire: 6:43pm On Jun 04, 2015
I found this site.
http://www.sos-kdiafme.org/Nigeria/

SOS Children's Villages cares and supports children who have lost, or who are at risk of losing, the care of their biological family. Family strengthening programmes aim to prevent children from losing the care of their family. We strengthen families’ ability to protect and care for their children, and strengthen safety nets for vulnerable children and their families within the community.

This is their contact info.
[url] http://www.sos-kdiafme.org/Nigeria/contact/contact.php[/url]
National Office
18, Church Street. Off Salavation Road
Opebi - Ikeja. P.O. Box 660 Shomolu
Lagos, Nigeria
Telephone: Tel +234 811 299 4466, +234 700 000 0018
Email: info@sosvillages-nigeria.org
Re: I Want To Report A Case Of Child Abuse, How Do I Go About It? by Ayotundesh: 9:56am On Jul 26, 2017
Do you know how many children are walking the streets in Nigeria without an education??

Do you know if they got themselves thrown out of school because of their bad behavior??

Is it the woman's salary that you are looking at?
Or the manthat is supposed to take care of his children.
If she pays all the bills, house rent, feeding....
Maybe she is trying to give the husband a wake up call...that the children are suffering because he is not contributing.

So in case you don't have personal beef against these peoplebe ready to see lots of children like these every where in the country and be ready to help.
Re: I Want To Report A Case Of Child Abuse, How Do I Go About It? by Chiebunigom: 4:23pm On Jul 26, 2017
Ayotundesh:
Do you know how many children are walking the streets in Nigeria without an education??

Do you know if they got themselves thrown out of school because of their bad behavior??

Is it the woman's salary that you are looking at?
Or the manthat is supposed to take care of his children.
If she pays all the bills, house rent, feeding....
Maybe she is trying to give the husband a wake up call...that the children are suffering because he is not contributing.

So in case you don't have personal beef against these peoplebe ready to see lots of children like these every where in the country and be ready to help.

I don't usually do this, but then, nawao for your reasoning!
What sane woman would leave such young children with a frustrated sick man?
Even if one has a beef with one's spouse, the children should NEVER be used as a bait.

The story is old sef, hope the OP finally did something for those kids.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

My Sister Has Abandoned Her Son / My Girl Sleeps With Her Cousin Pls Help / Hilarious Family Memes To Spice Up Your Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.