Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,172 members, 7,821,976 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:15 PM

What Next After Rooting Your Device - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What Next After Rooting Your Device (649 Views)

Which Wallpaper Are You Currently Using On Your Device? / Bad Things About Rooting Your Phone (disadvantages) / Please Help, My Phone Shuts Down After Rooting It. With Kingroot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Next After Rooting Your Device by spyjulius(m): 2:33am On Jun 04, 2015
Rooting your Android device involves adding in a small Linux application called “su”.  It stands for SuperUser, and allows applications and commands to run with elevated permissions.  Everything that runs code, whether it’s an application or the user, has a permission level set by the operating system.

You Might Ask Why Linux? This is because the heart of Android operating system is the Linux kernel.  You'll hear a lot of nerdy geek-speak about the Linux kernel, but all you really need to know is that it's what is interfacing Android to your hardware, and ultimately has complete control.  When you stray outside the "normal" way of using Android and start entering commands directly, the kernel is what you are exploring.

The root user is the boss and can do anything (good or bad) on the device.  From simple things like clearing the cache from core applications, to more advanced things like wirelessly tethering a laptop or iPod touch through your phone, root can do it.  The su program is a sort of gateway that lets applications or users act as root while doing tasks.  If you’re the curious type click here

What is the important of rooting  ?

Most importantly the files you will need to access or change are available to you without having elevated permissions.  "Most" being the key term here.  When you want to do things that affect or change the core software of your device -- like updating the version of Android on your phone, or adding a nice piece of software from another device -- you'll have to do it as root.  Dream and Magic users have been running Eclair on their phones for a good while now, and it’s because they have rooted their device.  Rooting also gives you access to some handy software that you couldn’t use otherwise.  Things like a complete system backup or ad blocking software require you to root your device.  Don’t root your phone just for the sake of rooting your phone, but if you come across something you feel you could use or would like to have, then consider it.  You'll find that the open source community is usually pretty helpful and encouraging new people to do new things is common.  And when you get to the point where you can lend a hand to the new folks, lay it forward.

www.latestnaira..in/2015/06/applications-that-drain-your-smartphone.html?m=1

(1) (Reply)

...pls Teach How To Connect My Android With This Unsecure Wifi Connection / My Helper, Help Me Change My Samsung Imei Ooo / Can I Get An Android Phone For This Amount?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.