Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,152 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:32 AM

Star Quest 2009 Begins - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Star Quest 2009 Begins (2888 Views)

Star Quest 2010. How Do I Register? / 24 Season 8 Begins 17th Jan / American Idol (2009) Tonight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Star Quest 2009 Begins by eiete(f): 2:44am On Feb 18, 2009
Published 2/13/2009 3:55:00 AM

Star Quest 2009 begins

Ayeni Adekunle

Very soon, the band that‘ll take the crown from 2008 Star Quest winners, Diamondz, will emerge.

That‘s because the organisers have set the ball rolling for this year‘s contest. And this year, a whopping N3.5M cash, and N7.5M recording contract are up for grab by the winning band.

Star Quest is a music talent hunt show sponsored by Nigerian Breweries. Usually, wannbes are selected from around the country, and put together in a house to slug it out; competing in musical contests that are seen in homes across the country.

Although the concept has now been adjusted to encourage live band performances, when it started in 2002, the objective was to discover solo acts. KC Presh won the debut edition.

Since its return (following a brief hiatus), other winners have emerged, including the Jewels, D‘accord and Diamondz. But, although the organisers lavish the winners with media attention, money and regular patronage, none of the recent winners have gone on to achieve career successes.

Part of the problems, according to pundits, is that most members of winning bands have prior commitments they are reluctant to let go of (school, work, etc); the bands are not configured to churn out the kind of pop music favoured by fans these days; and- expectedly- no rival beverage brand will touch any star quest talent; same way Nigeria Breweries have refused to include 2face Idibia in any of their year-long nationwide concerts because of his relationship with Guinness.

Also, it is a generally accepted fact that groups and bands are more difficult and expensive to manage.

It is expected that the organisers will look into these challenges as the 2009 edition plans to kick off.

As has now become the practice, the winning band this year will also get a mini van, and one year accommodation in Lagos. The idea, according to the organisers, is to make sure band members stay together, as they take time to bond and plot a future for their career.

But unlike previous editions, no online registration is required to participate this year. “Entry into the Star Quest is free and open to individuals between the ages of 20 and 30,” said Yusuf Ageni, NB Corporate Affairs Adviser in a statement released this week.

To qualify, applicants must possess demonstrable proficiency in at least one vital area of music: instrumentation, vocals or songwriting. 36 finalists will emerge from six zones within the country and assembled at the star fame land for one month.

http://www.punchng.com/Article-print2.aspx?theartic=Art200902133563481
Re: Star Quest 2009 Begins by eiete(f): 8:27pm On Mar 29, 2009
That time of the year, when you chose your best wannabe band; is here again.

Yes! grin Star Quest 2009

With the regional auditions over and the 36 final contestant already in fame land,

Nigeria, Africa and indeed the World, thanks to NATO and AT; would begin today,

their first one hour daily dose of a three week program, which if it was anything

like last year would be,  lipsrsealed Let me let you fill in that space.

Hopefull this time around, voters will vote the best three bands for the final.

So, without too much grammer here is when your daily dose, begins depending

the TV stations

NTA Network  10pm daily.

DSTV Africa Magic) 10:30 - 11:30pm daily

Silverbird (STV)  10:30 - 11:30pm daily

AIT 10:00 - 12:00pm daily
Re: Star Quest 2009 Begins by Nobody: 9:34am On Mar 30, 2009
Thanks for that update cool
Re: Star Quest 2009 Begins by eiete(f): 7:18pm On Apr 06, 2009
I don't know if it's just the Nigerian stations NTA and AIT

here in the UK that are not showing it.

In fact since the show started on the 29th of April i have only

watched it twice on NTA and it did not last up to 5 mins before thay

began to show one one rubbish documentry. AIT have not shown it at

all. All they show is nollywood movies as if the moviestar channel

is not enough. Pls NLders in 9ja is the same thing happing on naija tv stations there?

I am tired of hugging the remote from 10pm and having looks that could kill from my

folks.
Re: Star Quest 2009 Begins by lalaboi(m): 11:22pm On Apr 06, 2009
@Eite. . .

Do u watch star quest in the UK? biko what channel?
Re: Star Quest 2009 Begins by eiete(f): 1:48am On Apr 07, 2009
lalaboi:

@Eite. . .

Do u watch star quest in the UK? biko what channel?

It's on NTA sky channel 202 that i was able to watch it.
Re: Star Quest 2009 Begins by lalaboi(m): 2:15am On Apr 07, 2009
i tot dose stations are not as they are in nigeria. . . .or are they?. . . . .what time does did u watch it?
Re: Star Quest 2009 Begins by eiete(f): 8:22pm On Apr 07, 2009
lalaboi:

i tot dose stations are not as they are in nigeria. . . .or are they?. . . . .what time does did u watch it?

Well the first one i watched was at 12 am while

the 2nd time it can on at about 11.30 pm.
Re: Star Quest 2009 Begins by buttercop(m): 11:53pm On Apr 07, 2009
did anybody watch the auditions. oweri pple were pathetic seriously and thier judges were not very nice. paul ik dairo was one of them and one guy sang his song, that " it's burning my heart, it's burning my soul" song can't remember the title. i was ashamed for the guy. he had to cover his face while the boy say. i'm even watching star quest right now. the bands are singing. one girl is spoiling kelly and nelly's "dilemma". the band 100 degrees is so full of fine pple. the lead singer is cute and the two girls in the band and hot black beauties
Re: Star Quest 2009 Begins by eiete(f): 6:48pm On Apr 08, 2009
buttercop:

did anybody watch the auditions. oweri pple were pathetic seriously and thier judges were not very nice. paul ik dairo was one of them and one guy sang his song, that " it's burning my heart, it's burning my soul" song can't remember the title. i was ashamed for the guy. he had to cover his face while the boy say. i'm even watching star quest right now. the bands are singing. one girl is spoiling kelly and nelly's "dilemma". the band 100 degrees is so full of fine pple. the lead singer is cute and the two girls in the band and hot black beauties

Kai! you are now making me jealous.

On what station did you watch it?

I wish there was a way someone in naija can record it and post it on youtube.

Well we have to make do with the good for nothing naija stations we have here.
Re: Star Quest 2009 Begins by chrisical(m): 1:26pm On Apr 09, 2009
yeah rite
Re: Star Quest 2009 Begins by tRoOE(f): 6:29am On Apr 17, 2009
I really enjoyed this show since have been in Naija, i can't get enough of it
The pluse and Nu Sound are the best bands left kiss kiss, i cant believe they sent cenergy or whateva their name are called home cry cry it sucks 4 them sha
Re: Star Quest 2009 Begins by mykali(m): 2:13pm On Apr 17, 2009
the 3 best bands in Star Quest are
1 the pulse
2[b] nu sound[/b]
3 100 degrees
the rest are wack.
but if i was gonna chose one from the wacky rest, i'll go for
4 c.n.r.g.y

j.nutia and xpressions are nothing to make you happy about at all

here's hoping the pulse wins. those guys are dope.
Re: Star Quest 2009 Begins by coolguyz(m): 12:17pm On Apr 20, 2009
and the pulse wins, hope thats smile to ur lips cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Star Quest 2009 Begins by princesa(f): 1:59pm On Apr 25, 2009
The Pulse won hurray!! cheesy
Re: Star Quest 2009 Begins by DEYOUNG5: 4:35am On Mar 13, 2010
I'M DE-YOUNG AN UPCOMING ARTIST, I NEED A SPONSOR,MANAGER AND RECORD LABEL TO MAKE MY TALENT RAIN,I HAVE MY GIFT FROM GOD TO SING LIKE MYSELF AND I HAVE 3DEMO'S DONE NOW. IF YOU ARE INTERESTING IN HELPING ME , THIS IS MY CONTACT 08089657894 OR MY E-MAIL ADDRESS jide0009@yahoo.com. A.K.A FUNMI LOWO, A.K.A THE PEACE MAKER. I DONE COME TO MAKE PEACE RAIN IN NAIJA AND FOR INDUSTRY OF MUSIC. IT IS ME DE-YOUNG

YOU CAN LISTEN TO MY TRACK ON http://www.ilike.com/artist/search?artist_qp=funmi+lowo&x=0&y=0

(1) (Reply)

Which Movie(s) Ever Made You Cry? / Download and Watch The Addams Family / Who Remembers This Ghanaian Actress? Photo Attached

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.