Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,758 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:43 PM

(photos)A NIGERIAN LADY DENIED BOARDING A GHANA PLANE - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / (photos)A NIGERIAN LADY DENIED BOARDING A GHANA PLANE (1037 Views)

Nigerian Lady Fights Man In Italy On The Streets Over Money (Video, Photos) / Nigerian Lady In Italy Reveals How Much She Charges Per Sex (Video, Pics) / Nigerian Lady Caught Stealing In A Malaysian Mall (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

(photos)A NIGERIAN LADY DENIED BOARDING A GHANA PLANE by Nobody: 5:24am On Jun 04, 2015
So something totally unpalatable, discriminatory and insensitive has brought me out of my hibernation.
Dear Friends, I urge you to share what I am about to write now, for awareness and CHANGE!
Today, a friend of mine was denied flying rights on board the domestic flights in Ghana.
She was not denied flying rights because she was a flight risk, near-to-term-pregnant, a terrorist or all of those caveats acceptable by law, she was denied flying because she happens to be in a wheel chair.
Please read below, the idiotic policy they have.
"We do not fly "wheelchair" passengers, especially those who cannot at least use a cane and 'walk'. "We are sorry but it is company policy".
For the avoidance of doubt, the airlines concerned are Africa World Airlines, Antrak Airlines and Starbow Airlines. They all have that policy.
This policy as far as I am concerned is repugnant to natural justice, equity and good conscience. We cannot allow such unjust practices in the name of company policy to stand.
If you are in Ghana or can mobilize people in Ghana, please do!
My friend who flew from Port Harcourt to Lagos and then to Accra did not have that stupid policy shoved in her face, it is now Ghanaian local airlines that would deny her from moving within its environs. Now she has to embark on a 10-hour journey. All for what? Because an insensitive policy was drummed up by totally insensitive management of an equally clueless company.
We fought and are still fighting against racism, tribalism, gender inequality, are we going to add to the list, physically special people?
My dear people, suggestions, ideas and moves to make this occurrence a never-to-be-repeated one.
Copyright ©2015 Kemi Mildred Hughes
Please I need this in front page so the appropriate body can take action.

Cc: lalasticlala, mgwakwe

Re: (photos)A NIGERIAN LADY DENIED BOARDING A GHANA PLANE by Nobody: 5:29am On Jun 04, 2015
Chai, that's too wicked! Personally I think they operators of that airline are greedy fools. They don't want to serve, they are probability thieves! In short I vex, I no even know as I go carry say wetin dey my mind.
Re: (photos)A NIGERIAN LADY DENIED BOARDING A GHANA PLANE by Nobody: 5:32am On Jun 04, 2015
Please can you tag any moderator, I need this on front page, maybe you should tag @lalastical I don't know if I got that correctly.thanks
jcmaiah:
Chai, that's too wicked! Personally I think they operators of that airline are greedy fools. They don't want to serve, they are probability thieves! In short I vex, I no even know as I go carry say wetin dey my mind.
Re: (photos)A NIGERIAN LADY DENIED BOARDING A GHANA PLANE by Pimples(m): 5:55am On Jun 04, 2015
that's a Ghanian problem.....

Nigerian airlines like 100% profit.....so they will Carry her as long as she's willing to pay
Re: (photos)A NIGERIAN LADY DENIED BOARDING A GHANA PLANE by Nobody: 6:02am On Jun 04, 2015
We are talking of discrimination here @ Mr abi miss pimples
Pimples:
that's a Ghanian problem.....

Nigerian airlines like 100% profit.....so they will Carry her as long as she's willing to pay
Re: (photos)A NIGERIAN LADY DENIED BOARDING A GHANA PLANE by Nobody: 6:10am On Jun 04, 2015
The Government should be notified, or no human rights group over there in Ghana?
Re: (photos)A NIGERIAN LADY DENIED BOARDING A GHANA PLANE by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jun 04, 2015
Not fair at all....
Re: (photos)A NIGERIAN LADY DENIED BOARDING A GHANA PLANE by medoyin(m): 2:01pm On Jun 04, 2015
Which airline is she trying to board? Not sure it can be Ghana Airport Authority. Clarify pls.

It once happened to me, I had to pay $50 for the lift that will carry me on board which is the normal practise. I have never faced such discrimination all through my visit to Ghana.
Re: (photos)A NIGERIAN LADY DENIED BOARDING A GHANA PLANE by andyanders: 2:14pm On Jun 04, 2015
Well, those who denied her access of using their aircraft must also be inflicted with a decease that would require them to use wheelchair

(1) (Reply)

Police Solves Wife Dead Mysteriously (see Photo) / So Sad! The Beheaded Ife Girl Was An OAU Student / See What A Kano Man Did To 4 Girls After Giving Them #50 Each

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.