Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,250 members, 7,818,863 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:52 AM

Man Sells Son For N300,000 In Lagos [pictured] - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Sells Son For N300,000 In Lagos [pictured] (805 Views)

An Uber Driver Steals Lady's Passport And Money In Lagos (Pictured) / "Don't Kill Your Wife, It's Our Job" Advert Board Seen In Lagos (Pictured) / Father ‘sells’ Son For N250,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Sells Son For N300,000 In Lagos [pictured] by lalasticlala(m): 1:26pm On Jun 04, 2015
The Special Anti-Robbery Squad of Lagos State Police Command has arrested a man for allegedly selling his 2-year-old son for N300,000.

Investigation revealed that Kanayo Awurum, a painter, from Imo State, eastern Nigeria, allegedly impregnated his girlfriend, Ugochukwu Kelechi, and absconded shortly after that.

It was after Kelechi gave birth to the boy that he was sold when he was two years old without her knowledge.

Two years later, Awurum allegedly came back and apologised to her.

Thereafter, he relocated to Lagos to meet Kelechi at Ikotun. It was gathered that he had no money after he relocated. As a result, he told Kelechi about his intention to use his son for a loan, with a promise that after three months, he would offset the loan and claim the boy back.
His wife was said to have objected to that. But the suspect who relocated to Lagos with his wife left his son in the care of a relation in his village.

Awurum’s friend, Ibe Emmanuel, allegedly advised him to sell off the boy.

It was alleged that Ibe even went ahead to assist in looking for a buyer and found one in Port Harcourt where the boy, Chukwunonyerum Samuel, was allegedly sold to Mrs. Chinwe for N300,000.

Ibe who assisted in getting a buyer was allegedly given N50,000.

Awurum allegedly used part of the money to rent a self-contained room at Ikotun and paid for a year and half.
After some time, one of Awurum’s relatives called him for a house painting contract in Owerri. He proceeded to Owerri from where he called Kelechi and told her that the landlord should rent out the self-contained room in Lagos to another person.

The woman became worried and suspicious until Awurum stopped picking her calls. This prompted her and the landlord to report the matter to Ikotun Police station and the matter was later transferred to Lagos.

He was tracked down and arrested and upon interrogation, he allegedly confessed to the police that he sold his son.
Lagos State Police Command Public Relations Officer, Kenneth Nwosu confirmed the arrest.

He said that SARS operatives have been despatched to Port Harcourt to arrest the buyer of the boy and recover him, adding that all those who participated in the illegal child abuse, human trafficking and sale of the boy would be prosecuted as soon as investigation is concluded.
The victim’s mother Kelechi, 28, from Ikeduru, Imo State, an apprentice caterer, said she met Awurum while she was in a secondary school and they both dated for 10 years before she got pregnant for him.

“He came to my family to tell them he wanted to marry me. They told him to go and bring his family members. Since then, he ran away. After one year, I gave birth to the baby that was sold. He called me and started begging. My brother warned his family that he does not want to see him in our house. When he had an accident, I was worried and went to see him. When he recovered, he told me that if I was still interested I should prepare to relocate with him to Lagos. I never knew it was a ploy to sell our son. I am now two months pregnant for him again,” she said.

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/06/04/man-sells-son-for-n300k/

Re: Man Sells Son For N300,000 In Lagos [pictured] by Merlissa(f): 1:27pm On Jun 04, 2015
Some people are just wicked!!!
Re: Man Sells Son For N300,000 In Lagos [pictured] by stephenqueen: 1:30pm On Jun 04, 2015
Imaging selling his own son for 300,000 naira shocked shocked.Some people are just too heartless embarassed embarassed..But na poverty we should blame and the mumu don't have the fear of God because if he fears God he would'nt have done that...
See the mumu neck as e long like Maggi bottle (igo maggi) Oh! Sorry see as e long like camel own grin grin grin
No worry Mr man sango olukoso(god of thunder) and ogunlakaye(god of iron) dey studio dey remix the thunder wey go fire you angry angry angry.watch out grin grin

Make thunder fire anybody wey abuse Ibo people angry angry angry
Note: I'm not an Ibo man, I'm a yoruba man but I just hate it when you put the blame on a particular tribe when something like these happened embarassed embarassed.We are one Nigeria smiley

PMB my hero
Fashola my role model

In PMB we trust cool
Re: Man Sells Son For N300,000 In Lagos [pictured] by donsmall94(m): 1:33pm On Jun 04, 2015
End time things.
Abeg no ban me oooooo, dat time don pass.
END TIME THINGS.
Re: Man Sells Son For N300,000 In Lagos [pictured] by chiefololade: 1:33pm On Jun 04, 2015
Money is the root of all evils. Wetin man no fit do cause of money.
Re: Man Sells Son For N300,000 In Lagos [pictured] by VickJames(m): 1:36pm On Jun 04, 2015
I have a problem with these news agencies. This is an old news and they are redesigning the news to look as if its a recent happening.

People will come with their tribalistic chant just because of bad journalism.

If you don't have new things, please stay off business.
Re: Man Sells Son For N300,000 In Lagos [pictured] by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jun 04, 2015
Stop been tribalism, no body abuse igbo not even OP, Igbo people origin must be from "Joseph family" because they can do anything for money.
Front page..........cheesy
Re: Man Sells Son For N300,000 In Lagos [pictured] by dave2meek(m): 1:45pm On Jun 04, 2015
Just for #300,000 not even U$D...
Poverty is a disease but is controllabe undecided
Re: Man Sells Son For N300,000 In Lagos [pictured] by Young03(m): 2:18pm On Jun 04, 2015
Poverty na evil

but why?
Re: Man Sells Son For N300,000 In Lagos [pictured] by Redoil: 3:03pm On Jun 04, 2015
@lalasticlala how dare you post such negetive news about ur people? Anyway scammers scamming themselves
Re: Man Sells Son For N300,000 In Lagos [pictured] by jnrbayano(m): 3:33pm On Jun 04, 2015
shocked

(1) (Reply)

Police Man's Carelessness Caused This Fatal Accident At Ozalla- Read / Boat Mishap: LASWA Recovers Bodies Of Two Female Passengers (graphic Photo) / Young Girl Attacked By Her BF In Surulere…he Burst Her Head Open With A Meta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.