Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,299 members, 7,819,012 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:57 AM

If You Can Adopt This Saving Formula,you Will Never Be Broke In Your Life. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / If You Can Adopt This Saving Formula,you Will Never Be Broke In Your Life. (1373 Views)

6 Life Saving Tips For Running A Generator At Home / Man Slammed Online For Saving Mother Instead Of Wife; Who Would You Have Saved? / Under What Circumstances Would You Adopt A Child? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Can Adopt This Saving Formula,you Will Never Be Broke In Your Life. by tenry(m): 3:41pm On Jun 04, 2015
Do you know it is possible to instruct your bank to fix a certain amount of money on your behalf once salary drops? Many of us are not prudent when it comes to spending but the only way to control this is by reducing the amount of money you have access to taking into consideration your budget for the month. For instance, my total income from salary and investment monthly is 180k. So I instructed Skye bank to fix 100k once d money drops. I only have access to about 80k. I will pay my tithe and give wify money to run the family for the month. My wife earns little but we have a joint account where each of us save 20k into monthly. This joint account is meant for urgent family need like helping friends and relatives or sending money to parents, paying our baby's sch fee and other pressing need.
What I am saying in a nutshell is that, one of the ways to be disciplined and be prudent is to reduce the amount of money to have access to so as to avoid the temptation. We hav a plan at the beginning of the year to achieve some things and God's willing, we shall achieve them cos our reality check shows positive.
When u have little cash at your reach, the temptation of sitting at the bar to eat a plate of pepper soup @ d rate of 1k will not come. You can buy 500naira cat fish home and let your wife cook it and enjoy it together. May God help us.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Can Adopt This Saving Formula,you Will Never Be Broke In Your Life. by catalanscrew(m): 3:45pm On Jun 04, 2015
Change is here!!!!

1 Like

Re: If You Can Adopt This Saving Formula,you Will Never Be Broke In Your Life. by iabdulrazaq(m): 4:15pm On Jun 04, 2015
9ice
Re: If You Can Adopt This Saving Formula,you Will Never Be Broke In Your Life. by Abduletudaye(m): 4:27pm On Jun 04, 2015
Nice idea OP...
Re: If You Can Adopt This Saving Formula,you Will Never Be Broke In Your Life. by bukatyne(f): 4:42pm On Jun 04, 2015
That's a very good one

Another stuff that helps is 'Ajo' or contribution where a group of people contribute a certain amount monthly and contributors take turns in collecting.

Also is Office Corporative where a certain amount of your salary is deducted from source monthly. Members can lend money at a very subsidized rate and with a very long tenor.

Weldone

1 Like

Re: If You Can Adopt This Saving Formula,you Will Never Be Broke In Your Life. by oginga: 5:34pm On Jun 04, 2015
Nice one Op.

Saving at least 30% of monthly income and as well setting aside another 10% for personal business which a person, family member or wife runs on weekend basis is absolutely a good idea.
Re: If You Can Adopt This Saving Formula,you Will Never Be Broke In Your Life. by Acme77: 7:28pm On Jun 04, 2015
good one
Re: If You Can Adopt This Saving Formula,you Will Never Be Broke In Your Life. by Olypeppy(f): 12:24am On Jun 05, 2015
Thanks for this...
Re: If You Can Adopt This Saving Formula,you Will Never Be Broke In Your Life. by willi926(m): 4:10pm On Jun 05, 2015
thanks op, but I have a problem, wch is I hardly save. I may save 2day then a strong urge to touch d already saved money will just come. I no Dis is very bad but I can't help it atimes. can u giv me any solution. atimes I wonder if its a spiritual prob

1 Like

Re: If You Can Adopt This Saving Formula,you Will Never Be Broke In Your Life. by momasenny(f): 4:48pm On Jun 05, 2015
@willi926 it's not a spiritual problem, try and join ajo group, it's called thrift. It helps alot, we contribute 20k per month and @ d end of 10 months, I get away with my 200k. What do u think?

(1) (Reply)

5 Reasons Period Sex Is Good For Ladies / I Made Myself Blind Because I Was Meant To Be Disabled: Living With BIID (photo) / Thread For Born Out Of Wedlock Nlers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.