Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,656 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:26 PM

Voguepay - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Voguepay (2275 Views)

Voguepay's New Pricing Will Encourage Smes To Adopt Online Payment In Nigeria. / Voguepay Recognized For Contribution To E-payment / Voguepay Charges Is Making Me Want To Think Twice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Voguepay by christofa1: 3:45pm On Jun 04, 2015
Hello Nairalanders,

3 weeks ago, I helped a friend sell a domain name. The buyer, who is from Hungary paid me $150 into my Neteller account (which is tied to a USD Mastercard).

After receiving the money, I contacted my friend that he should give me his Neteller account so I can transfer his $100 (my commission from the sale is $50) into it.
He told me he does not have a Neteller account, but he has a VoguePay account. That VoguePay accepts international payment.

So he sent me a VoguePay invoice of the Naira equivalent of $100.
I tried to pay, but there was no option for paying with a USD MasterCard. So I called VoguePay customer care and asked if VoguePay do accept international payment. The customer care rep said yes, they do.
Then I said I've tried it, but there was no option of paying with a USD MasterCard. That I only saw pay with: VoguePay, eTransact, Mastercard Naira, Visa Naira.
The customer care rep replied that I would have to open a VoguePay USD denominated account, and pay with the 'VoguePay' option.

I opened the VoguePay account. I tried to fund it but there was an error, so I called the customer care again. This time, it was another person that picked up.
He (the cust care rep) asked me why I wanted to fund my account.
I replied that I want to pay a merchant. Then I asked if it's possible to pay a merchant that is using a Naira account with my USD account.
The customer care rep said yes, it's possible.

To cut the story short, I funded my account with about $140. And since then (almost 2 weeks ago), I've not been able to pay the merchant, neither have I been able to withdraw my money.
Whenever I call them, it's one story or another they keep telling me.

I don't know what opinion to form of them yet. But if I don't get my money before wednesday (either the $140 or naira equivalent) I will forget about it.

But...
Re: Voguepay by christofa1: 4:35pm On Jun 04, 2015
lillylove2:

Btw OP, why don't you contact them through this email: support@voguepay.com
$140 no be small money o.
Lol it seems u didn't read what I just wrote.
I've contacted them so many times (email, phone number) without any solution. It's either they tell me their head of customer support is not around or that they will contact me back.
That's how they've been doing. Playing me like game
Re: Voguepay by KevinBrown: 4:45pm On Jun 04, 2015
Go to their office in Lagos and demand your money. If they don't pay you, scatter the place.

lillylove2:

Shoroniyen?

You are isi ewu
Re: Voguepay by lillylove2(f): 5:08pm On Jun 04, 2015
^^^ Malu
christofa1:

Lol it seems u didn't read what I just wrote.
I've contacted them so many times (email, phone number) without any solution. It's either they tell me their head of customer support is not around or that they will contact me back.
That's how they've been doing. Playing me like game

When will we stop scamming each other in this country?

Cc lalasticlala naijacutee pls do the needful
Re: Voguepay by christofa1: 5:15pm On Jun 04, 2015
Well, they just called me now. And promised to rectify the problem.
Re: Voguepay by FrontPageBoy: 5:39pm On Jun 04, 2015
lillylove2:

When will we stop scamming each other in this country?

Cc lalasticlala naijacutee pls do the needful

That's why we need change. But the saTANoids are too daf.t and blinded by their Exploiters/Masters.

OP, I can relate to what you are saying. But in my case, I was the merchant trying to get paid. Till today I've not received my money.
I think all this fake payment processors or whatever they call themselves should be scrapped. Once a client pays you, you will never be able to withdraw your money. They will keep looking for one reason or the other. Verification upon verification.
Re: Voguepay by badtmanK: 6:01pm On Jun 04, 2015
christofa1:
Hello Nairalanders,

3 weeks ago, I helped a friend sell a domain name. The buyer, who is from Hungary paid me $150 into my Neteller account (which is tied to a USD Mastercard).

After receiving the money, I contacted my friend that he should give me his Neteller account so I can transfer his $100 (my commission from the sale is $50) into it.
He told me he does not have a Neteller account, but he has a VoguePay account. That VoguePay accepts international payment.

So he sent me a VoguePay invoice of the Naira equivalent of $100.
I tried to pay, but there was no option for paying with a USD MasterCard. So I called VoguePay customer care and asked if VoguePay do accept international payment. The customer care rep said yes, they do.
Then I said I've tried it, but there was no option of paying with a USD MasterCard. That I only saw pay with: VoguePay, eTransact, Mastercard Naira, Visa Naira.
The customer care rep replied that I would have to open a VoguePay USD denominated account, and pay with the 'VoguePay' option.

I opened the VoguePay account. I tried to fund it but there was an error, so I called the customer care again. This time, it was another person that picked up.
He (the cust care rep) asked me why I wanted to fund my account.
I replied that I want to pay a merchant. Then I asked if it's possible to pay a merchant that is using a Naira account with my USD account.
The customer care rep said yes, it's possible.

To cut the story short, I funded my account with about $140. And since then (almost 2 weeks ago), I've not been able to pay the merchant, neither have I been able to withdraw my money.
Whenever I call them, it's one story or another they keep telling me.

I don't know what opinion to form of them yet. But if I don't get my money before wednesday (either the $140 or naira equivalent) I will forget about it.

But...

You don enter ONE CHANCE.
But I no blame them now. How they go take pay hosting fee. E feel be say na u be the first customer wey dem get this year.
How do we even know if its not a one man business? Yeye dey smell
Re: Voguepay by christofa1: 6:52pm On Jun 04, 2015
They Have Finally Resolved The Issue. I've been able to transfer the money
Re: Voguepay by lillylove2(f): 7:48pm On Jun 04, 2015
christofa1:
They Have Finally Resolved The Issue.
I've been able to transfer the money
That's nice to hear. Pls Modify the topic. You are no more grieving.
Biko
Re: Voguepay by Nuralaexy: 8:32pm On Jun 04, 2015
Christofa, atleast they've proven to u that they r real n exist for business. That's true loyalty in business. Voguepay try shaaaaa. E no easy.
Re: Voguepay by christofa1: 9:09pm On Jun 04, 2015
Nuralaexy:
Christofa, atleast they've proven to u that they r real n exist for business. That's true loyalty in business. Voguepay try shaaaaa. E no easy.

Yeah. They were the one that even called me to rectify the problem. I guess there was a mix-up somewhere before.

But stuffs like this could really cost someone a lot. Could cost me a lot.
Because the guy I helped to market the domain (he has about 20 something premium domains) gave me access to the domain without receiving any money upfront. With the agreement that when I sell it, I will deduct my commission, and give him the rest. Then he will give me access to another one etc

But with all this wahala, will he even still be interested in the deal?
I guess the blame falls partly to him too. He's the one that requested to be paid through Voguepay

(1) (Reply)

Inter-state Transportation Business Partner Needed / Breaking News !!! A Ponzi Scheme Company Just Disappeared With $31 Million / Help!!! What Courier Service Can I Use For Deliveries Here In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.